Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

41 minutes ago, falconram said:

So you think I was bouncing off walls with the likes Jacob Butterfield, Abdul Camera, Nick Blackman , Anya, the list goes on ,you must be easily pleased

Oh how wise we are with hindsight 

I wasn’t for the record as I was still mourning nigels departure Lol...

I think at the time there was plenty sucking Sam rush off and saying what a fantastic chief exec he was 

what was it? Sam always gets his man ?

Well ... that bit us all in the ass didn’t it 

but let me guess ... u knew Sam was a ripping us off didn’t u lol ? 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Gritty said:

The EFL set the rules that say that the tribunal has freedom to take as long as they want.  They needn't do that.  They could say report back within 3 months or 5 months or whatever. 

The EFL are saying "Not our fault, out of our hands" when it is EFL who voluntarily wrote rules so it was out of their hands.

It's bonkers

The clubs make the rules, not the EFL?

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The clubs make the rules, not the EFL?

The EFL is made up of member clubs. It has adminstrators like Parry who run it day to day and I assume propose policies for things like tribunals etc

Admittedly I assume the clubs have to sign these off so they are guilty too. 

But a competent administration would come up with far better proposals on rules around such things

31 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Can see a lot of clubs going Wigan’s route next season... or even worse Bury’s route. It’s unfortunate that it will be players and fans punished whilst the people unfit to run the league and run teams get away with murder.

shes alright mate thanks... a big week ahead for us but we’ve had 8 big weeks so far and she’s smashed them all ?

Everyone should start next season on -12pts and call it quits. 

either that, or at the minute it looks like the winner will just end up being whoever can avoid a points deduction. 

3 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Here's the twitter rumour for anyone interested.

No idea who Barry is but he only tweets very rarely, normally with Rams info, has a good follower ratio and Steve Nicholson has commented in the thread. Interesting...

That's good enough for me ? looks like he know stuff.

Maybe he's @BagRam?

56 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

While I agree with the sentiment, once we're charged isn't that the end of the League's involvement?

The case moves onto an independent tribunal, and it's them who've been dragging their heels?

I believe it's one appointee each to a 3 man panel, and a truly independent 3rd person.

It could be us who've dragged it out, it could be them, it could other factors like appointing a 3rd person to suit both parties?

The point is no-one knows, so to appropriate blame is pointless.

Yeah but makes you feel better

20 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Everyone should start next season on -12pts and call it quits. 

either that, or at the minute it looks like the winner will just end up being whoever can avoid a points deduction. 

An MP said 5 to 10 Championship clubs could go into administration before the pandemic is over (no idea what he bases that on), so we could have our own little mini league if we join them - see who can get into positive points the fastest.

1 hour ago, falconram said:

So you think I was bouncing off walls with the likes Jacob Butterfield, Abdul Camera, Nick Blackman , Anya, the list goes on ,you must be easily pleased

So how many times did you post your concerns about the players you mentioned?

23 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Jamie Paterson was a good player for us, and that’s a hill I’ll die on.

Agree. Great assist for Martins late equaliser at Elland Road and got the winner in a topsy turvy 3-2 win against Birmingham. Which I think was the first home win under Cocu.

3 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

While I agree with the sentiment, once we're charged isn't that the end of the League's involvement?

The case moves onto an independent tribunal, and it's them who've been dragging their heels?

I believe it's one appointee each to a 3 man panel, and a truly independent 3rd person.

It could be us who've dragged it out, it could be them, it could other factors like appointing a 3rd person to suit both parties?

The point is no-one knows, so to appropriate blame is pointless.

How so? They signed off on the accounts and they signed off on the sale of the stadium. If they are right now then they were wrong then. That's weak AF. So... I blame them for their inept handling of media rights negotiations, I blame them for their punitive stance with clubs struggling to balance the books, I blame them for being cowed by Gibson's empty threats of legal action, I blame them for failing to protect and aid the clubs without whom, they'd not exist, I blame them for cowing to idle threats of litigation with no basis in law, I blame them for allowing embittered gobshite chairmen to sully the name of clubs and accuse them of wrongdoing without providing even a shred of evidence to support their mealy-mouthed and potentially slanderous outpourings, I blame them for failing to man up when the likes of QPR and Bournemouth openly flouted the rules (read took the ducking piss) and I blame them for taking over half a year to reach a resolution when they finally grew a pair. With respect, if you see that stance as pointless then I beg to differ.

For balance, I accept I know no more than the next guy, I even accept that despite this being a forum where folk express opinions, that my stance is 'pointless', but let's not pretend, whatever the outcome, that it's as simple as they are right and we are wrong or vice versa. The are wider issues in play than how clubs should or should not amortise assets or the definition of an arm's length transaction

*Still love ya though Rev ?

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Jamie Paterson was a good player for us, and that’s a hill I’ll die on.

I was quite happy when we signed him and noted that on here.  As I said at the time though he won't stick out wide and prefers to move inside playing off a striker when possible. He's a real nuisance then.   As we had Lawrence, it was always one or the other in the role though.  

Archived