Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

3 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

Don't know. I'm not subscribed to The Times. I was hoping someone on here was so they could share a bit more info.

It basically says that despite our "furious insistence" against the charges the case is supposedly heading towards us being sanctioned.
Not really anything we don't know - if we get a deduction it'll be next season as per Sheff Weds - and the only thing that's a little bit worrying is the figures used, although again I'm pretty sure it's nothing we don't already know:

The charges against Derby, which date back to January, relate to the club allegedly breaching spending rules. They reported a pre-tax profit of £14.6 million after a company belonging to Mel Morris, the owner and chairman, bought Pride Park stadium for £81.1 million. In the club’s books, however, the ground was listed as an asset worth £41 million. An independent valuation by the EFL estimated its value at £49 million.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, nuclear said:

It basically says that despite our "furious insistence" against the charges the case is supposedly heading towards us being sanctioned.
Not really anything we don't know - if we get a deduction it'll be next season as per Sheff Weds - and the only thing that's a little bit worrying is the figures used, although again I'm pretty sure it's nothing we don't already know:

I thought the EFL had valued it at £60m (after agreeing a valuation of £80m)

15 minutes ago, nuclear said:

I have no idea how the EFL have decided that Hillsborough is worth £11m more than Pride Park

11 minutes ago, sage said:

I thought the EFL had valued it at £60m (after agreeing a valuation of £80m)

I thought this too. Seems to be a few numbers flying around from different sources that vary quite wildly, and I'm not sure I trust any of them completely. Obviously from the lower figures it's a massive jump so hopefully he's simply plucked the numbers from his hole. At the higher valuation our case seems a lot more plausible, but without knowing any concrete figures I guess we'll just have to wait and see. ?

6 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

If he does know something, as opposed to just guessing, it means that someone somewhere has been leaking information. Again.

Reads just like conjecture to me, got a few facts and figures and extrapolate!

I can only read that article until the point it tells me that I need to subscribe.

But doesn't it say a charge seems likely either a points deduction, transfer embargo or fine?

Which is literally the 3 options we know anyway? 

So if we do get charged it will be one of them.

There is nothing new in this article.

Or am I missing something here?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Reads just like conjecture to me, got a few facts and figures and extrapolate!

I thought the same from the part I could read, but he does say "noises around" which is what made me wonder if someone had been talking.

The last part I can read (if I copy and paste the article to a document) says

If it does end with a points deduction for Derby — a transfer embargo or fines are other

so with the "are other" at the end that does sound very speculative as though he has no idea, if we are punished, whether it would be a points deduction or one the other available punishments.

He also seems to have misrepresented what the club said in their statement

despite the club’s furious insistence that the EFL’s actions in charging them were “unlawful and unfair” and that it was the league itself which had made a mistake in signing off their financial declarations

The club statement said the EFL claimed they had made a mistake, not that we said they did, theres a difference?

Rather, the EFL now claims that it made a “mistake.”

The EFL can choose to correct what they now see as an error in their decisions. However, it cannot punish the Club for its own errors.

2 hours ago, David said:

Not sure, would players go for a low wage with a juicy bonus on offer if they get promoted? Bit risky when the manager can get sacked through the season, new guy comes in, doesn't like you and you're unable to make a difference as you're sat on the bench. 

Interesting they have thrown agents fees in there as well, long overdue, never understood why it wasn't down to the players to pay the agent for their services only. Will we see players start to represent themselves now, or use family and friends?

First rounds of the cups are usually against lower league opposition. 
£500k bonus for progressing through one round of the League Cup and another for the FA Cup?

I’m starting to think that we should of taken the hit back in January, stayed up and put this whole saga behind us. If we do get punished Mel has to give answers. The whole club must be furious at the amount of time it’s taken. This season was the first one in a while where I thought we can finally recruit to a certain managers wishes and stabilise the club to try and go for promotion again. 

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

£500k bonus for progressing through one round of the League Cup and another for the FA Cup?

2 hours ago, David said:

Not sure, would players go for a low wage with a juicy bonus on offer if they get promoted? Bit risky when the manager can get sacked through the season, new guy comes in, doesn't like you and you're unable to make a difference as you're sat on the bench. 

Interesting they have thrown agents fees in there as well, long overdue, never understood why it wasn't down to the players to pay the agent for their services only. Will we see players start to represent themselves now, or use family and friends?

Create any ridiculous bonus structure to pay a bonus.  Play a game on a day with y In it = bonus.  You don't have to be smart to make the whole thing a sham

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

£500k bonus paid over X years? Still risky, what with clubs fielding weaker teams, players would want guarantees that a full strength side will be played in the cup, would get messy then. 

6 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Maybe hotshot lawyer got Wednesday"only" the twelve points and saved them the additional nine for being shady? We don't know the full details.

I'm hearing from ITK sources that we have to transfer out our best forum posters as repairations to the divisions other forums.

LTLF, Oatcake, Owlstalk are in the bidding to bring Curtains and Musepachram over.

I’m going nowhere 

1 minute ago, Dcfc_20 said:

I’m starting to think that we should of taken the hit back in January, stayed up and put this whole saga behind us. If we do get punished Mel has to give answers. The whole club must be furious at the amount of time it’s taken. This season was the first one in a while where I thought we can finally recruit to a certain managers wishes and stabilise the club to try and go for promotion again. 

We couldn't 'take the hit' in January. This was always going to the Independent Disciplinary Commission, it isn't us that's held this process up.

Archived