Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

20 hours ago, Retro_RAM said:

I still cannot see if we asked for approval beforehand how they could possibly enforce this. It's like going in to the shop and confirming something is free with the shopkeeper and than getting done for stealing once you've left the shop.

Yeah right!  That old one!  We weren't born yesterday, y'know!

Just admit the truth... You didn't spot the security tag, did you!   

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Mr Morris, how do you answer the charge that by virtue of your heavy spending and dubious accounting practices, you attained an unfair competitive advantage.....

m’lud, we signed Ikechi Anya, abdoul Camara, Jacob butterfield, and nick blackman amongst others.
By what obscure definition of the word ‘advantage’, could it be reasonably argued, that we obtained any positive benefit whatsoever from this £12 million pounds spent.

case dismissed. 

13 hours ago, RamNut said:

So Mr Morris, how do you answer the charge that by virtue of your heavy spending and dubious accounting practices, you attained an unfair competitive advantage.....

m’lud, we signed Ikechi Anya, abdoul Camara, Jacob butterfield, and nick blackman amongst others.
By what obscure definition of the word ‘advantage’, could it be reasonably argued, that we obtained any positive benefit whatsoever from this £12 million pounds spent.

case dismissed. 

Yeah, if we couldn't work out how much that lot was worth, how could we possibly know how much a stadium is worth? 

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I have this feeling in my bones that today is the day the EFL and the independent panel get up off their lazy arses and give us an update.

I refuse to believe it can go on any longer.

Tomorrow evening 5pm I reckon 

like when you leave work for a 2 week holiday and press send on your hand over as you leave the office 

You'd think the tribunal panel would have had enough by now.

After all its al, its now fundamentally down to are we guilty or not.

Surely that does take weeks and weeks to decide that.

It's a Yes or No after you have heard all the evidence.

Then again maybe they could be on premium overtime rates per hour and will 'possibly' end up  unemployed after the result is announced (barring an appeal).

As the saying goes 'Turkey's never vote for Christmas'

15 hours ago, RamNut said:

case dismissed. 

The problem with this defence is that it may lead to Mel being taken away in a straight jacket to a secure location for his own mental wellbeing. In retrospect you have to ask yourself are these the actions of a man in full control of his mental processes, I mean, Ikechi Anya, Abdoul Camara, Jacob Butterfield, and Nick Blackman who in their right mind would sign these no hopers???

2 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Rumour going around on Twitter that we are not being deducted any points. Big caveat, this is a rumour and I’m not ITK

That would at least partially tie up with the ITK gossip I had last week saying transfer embargo only

Hopefully it's neither

7 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

With our recruitment shower, a transfer embargo would improve our squad no end......?

Personally I think it's an unacceptable and cruel punishment for the EFL to deny us the drawn out agony of becoming slowly more disappointed with our close-season signings.

4 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Personally I think it's an unacceptable and cruel punishment for the EFL to deny us the drawn out agony of becoming slowly more disappointed with our close-season signings.

Our scouting team will be very disappointed as they ordered to stop playing football manager and watching player montages on YouTube.

18 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

But on the upside it would be a quick end to the frankly daft speculation surrounding Joe Hart in muscle mary mode......?

54 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Rumour going around on Twitter that we are not being deducted any points. Big caveat, this is a rumour and I’m not ITK

The rumour going around Twitter is by someone who has put two tweets out, 1 saying "Cant believe Derby got away with a points deduction, ITK" and another saying "cant believe Derby got a 12 point deduction, ITK".

Unfortunately he is just having a laugh.

19 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The rumour going around Twitter is by someone who has put two tweets out, 1 saying "Cant believe Derby got away with a points deduction, ITK" and another saying "cant believe Derby got a 12 point deduction, ITK".

Unfortunately he is just having a laugh.

Yeah I spotted that - done so that he can delete the other tweet after the verdict and look like he was ITK. Duh!

My concern is if it's a straight 'not guilty' that could have been announced by now - although I suppose if it's the same independent panel for all cases, they would have been busy with Sheff Wed up until last Friday & then Wigan up until Tuesday

Am I clutching at straws ??

Archived