Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

10 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

My concern is if it's a straight 'not guilty' that could have been announced by now - although I suppose if it's the same independent panel for all cases, they would have been busy with Sheff Wed up until last Friday & then Wigan up until Tuesday

Am I clutching at straws ??

I suspect they want to find us guilty but don’t want court action from us so they will be busy deciding what face saving punishment they can give us that we will accept without going to law. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, jono said:

I suspect they want to find us guilty but don’t want court action from us so they will be busy deciding what face saving punishment they can give us that we will accept without going to law. 

Playing the first 6 games of the new season behind closed doors ?

6 minutes ago, falconram said:

If we are found guilty I will be very disappointed on how we have been run over the last few seasons, we all knew we couldn't keep spending at the rate we did and after so many reassurances that we were well within FFP.

Surely you should be disappointed in Mel's early years as owner rather than "the last few seasons"? Even then, only specific parts of the club haven't been ran well, with others (such as the academy) being ran exceptionally well. Most of our financial problems stem back to the 15/16 season when we must have spent at least £30m on transfers. Since that season signings have been funded by sales, and since Rowett left wages appear to have dropped significantly.

23 minutes ago, falconram said:

If we are found guilty I will be very disappointed on how we have been run over the last few seasons, we all knew we couldn't keep spending at the rate we did and after so many reassurances that we were well within FFP.

So you’ll only be disappointed on how we’re ran IF we’re found guilty? But if we’re not, we’re ran well? Got it 

Whatever the outcome it feels to me we've attempted to circumvent the spirit of the rules and try and find wheezes that comply with the letter of the rules, ultimately so we can spend more on wages / fees than was intended by the regulations (Amortisation wheeze as much as stadium sale)

I'm not proud of my club doing that.  It doesn't reflect well on us. It's basically cheating in my view. 

If we don't like rules, we can lobby to change them.  But while they are in force we should comply with spirit and letter. It's the right thing to do.

I see it like diving to win a penalty in the final minute of the play off final.  Ends doesn't justify the means.  I'd rather be an honorable club

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Here's the twitter rumour for anyone interested.

No idea who Barry is but he only tweets very rarely, normally with Rams info, has a good follower ratio and Steve Nicholson has commented in the thread. Interesting...

Hmmm - he seems like the classic mate of a mate ITKer. Gets the odd snippet of news and tweets it out. Whenever he gets stuff wrong he deletes it, hence it looks like his timeline is all true. Last year he tweeted that Darren Moore was about to be announced...since deleted

There is also mention of something else he tweeted wrong and deleted in 2016

But no doubt he does have a source at the club yet is no fan of MM

2 minutes ago, Gritty said:

Whatever the outcome it feels to me we've attempted to circumvent the spirit of the rules and try and find wheezes that comply with the letter of the rules, ultimately so we can spend more on wages / fees than was intended by the regulations (Amortisation wheeze as much as stadium sale)

I'm not proud of my club doing that.  It doesn't reflect well on us. It's basically cheating in my view. 

If we don't like rules, we can lobby to change them.  But while they are in force we should comply with spirit and letter. It's the right thing to do.

I see it like diving to win a penalty in the final minute of the play off final.  Ends doesn't justify the means.  I'd rather be an honorable club

Disagree with you on every point except for the last one. No such thing as as “bending” rules “ you either break them or you don’t. 
Business is not cricket , every club tries to get an advantage by many different means. 

10 minutes ago, Gritty said:

In professional sport you do everything possible to gain an advantage. There is no "spirit of the rules". There are only the rules.

Sith Happens

If and its a big IF its right, and we get no points deduction, then the EFL if they have an ounce of competence within them will file charges against the likes of Middlesboro and Bristol for going on record accusing us of cheating, surely this has to be considered bringing the game into disrepute.

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

In professional sport you do everything possible to gain an advantage. There is no "spirit of the rules". There are only the rules.

Plus I can’t remember any one complaining about all those pens and free kicks fab Franny Lee won us by flicking his own heels. 
I admire Gritty’s ethics but the Corinthians ideal is no longer with us. 

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

If and its a big IF its right, and we get no points deduction, then the EFL if they have an ounce of competence within them will file charges against the likes of Middlesboro and Bristol for going on record accusing us of cheating, surely this has to be considered bringing the game into disrepute.

And investigate Gibson doing his “wheeze” selling Boro’s debts  to his own companies 

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I would be stunned if they did bring any such charges.

22 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

there are also clever lawyers and wordsmiths ready to interpret them in a multitude of ways.

Was the dive after a foul because you couldn’t help falling over or was it to fairly (or unfairly)draw the attention of the ref to the infringement 

31 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Disagree with you on every point except for the last one. No such thing as as “bending” rules “ you either break them or you don’t. 
Business is not cricket , every club tries to get an advantage by many different means. 

Hi

We shall have to agree to disagree.  I think sport is about competing on the basis of fair play (on and off the field).

I appreciate this view may seem naive. But it's how I feel sport should be played.  And it's how I teach my son. 

I remember Fergie once recounting how Giggs got a tough challenge in the box that almost knocked him over.  Giggs stayed on his feet and took the shot just missing.  Fergie asked him why he didn't go to ground as, not only was there contact, it was robust contact.  Giggs apparently stared Fergie down and said "I don't go down.  It's not what I do". Fergie backed off. 

1 minute ago, Gritty said:

Hi

We shall have to agree to disagree.  I think sport is about competing on the basis of fair play (on and off the field).

I appreciate this view may seem naive. But it's how I feel sport should be played.  And it's how I teach my son. 

I remember Fergie once recounting how Giggs got a tough challenge in the box that almost knocked him over.  Giggs stayed on his feet and took the shot just missing.  Fergie asked him why he didn't go to ground as, not only was there contact, it was robust contact.  Giggs apparently stared Fergie down and said "I don't go down.  It's not what I do". Fergie backed off. 

In an ideal world you're right of course.

However, diving is clearly cheating as you're trying to gain an advantage by conning the referee into awarding a free kick when one should not have been given in accordance with the rules.

If Derby are found not guilty then they have clearly not broken any rules and therefore not cheated. 

8 minutes ago, Gritty said:

Hi

The only box Giggs willingly went down in belonged to his brothers wife. 

Sith Happens
31 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I would be stunned if they did bring any such charges.

I know, but to allow other club owners to publically call other clubs cheats should be stamped down on....

Archived