Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

22 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

American Psycho. What a load of absolute crap.

Possibly the most disturbing book I ever read. Quite annoying too. There is no doubt its clever but definitely rather up its own backside too. I tried to read 'Glamourama' or something by the same author but it was impenetrable...tbh it may have been parts of that book which were most shocking but they were pretty similar. 

Edited by Chester40

On 27/04/2021 at 15:48, Mostyn6 said:

Maybe i was 25 years too late, maybe even 35, to see what I might’ve seen of watched 1984-1995! It’s just dated, boring at aimless as a first watch in 2021. But may have been groundbreaking once. 

I watched it last year for the first time. I quite enjoyed both the original and 2049. The difference I suppose is I watched it with a mate who’s a big fan. Almost took is enthusiasm into account which helped. They’re both slow films and not exactly difficult to work out the plot points.

I can see why you didn’t like it. I’m very much of the opinion that I’ve seen them once but that’s enough. Don’t need to rewatch at a later date

Rocketman. On Netflix, decided to give a watch. Wife and I both really enjoyed it. Elton has some good tunes, well acted by Taron Egerton and well put together film.

Kris Commons/10

The Mitchell’s vs the Machines

Netflix film from Lord Miller, the team behind the Lego movie and Into the Spiderverse. This is a kids film made for adults. Very good, funny, brilliant animation. Jokes for kids, dads, mums, dogs, etc. The 2 creators seem to have a real eye for animation.

Marco Reich/10

EYE for an EYE

Amazon Prime.

Decided to watch this based on the cast. John Travolta, Robert Patrick, Brendan Fraser, Morgan Freeman. The story line sounded good too. But it was the biggest pile of crap and badly acted, badly scripted, predictable piece of junk ever.

Conor Doyle/10

On 30/04/2021 at 22:40, Chester40 said:

Possibly the most disturbing book I ever read. Quite annoying too. There is no doubt its clever but definitely rather up its own backside too. I tried to read 'Glamourama' or something by the same author but it was impenetrable...tbh it may have been parts of that book which were most shocking but they were pretty similar. 

I found the book very funny tbf, lots of laugh out loud passages - though that could be my warped sense of humour. 

Trainspotting I found disturbing on the other hand. 

18 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Derby County - Sheffield Wednesday (2021) stars Martyn Waghorn, Matt Clarke and Marlon Pack. Thriller/horror.

Relatively boring for the first 40 minutes, but rest of the about 60 minutes has more twists and turns your can take. Only recommended if you have a healthy heart. The ending is marvellous as well!

With a nice cameo from Curtis Davis.

Finally got around to watching Tenet today and it captivated me a bit. Very creative. Whilst I liked it, it was wasted as a film and could and should have been a 10-episode Netflix show. It was too much crammed into 150 minutes. 

Promising young female 

Just finished watching it. Wow. This one’s going to stay with me for a while. 

Great story with none of the usual thriller chichés. Carey Mulligan deserved the Oscar for that. 

9/10

(I never give a 10). Nothing is perfect. 

50 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Promising young female 

Great story with none of the usual thriller chichés. Carey Mulligan deserved the Oscar for that. 

9/10

She was really good in Promising Young Woman as well. 

12 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Promising young female 

9/10

I enjoyed it too. My wife did but hates ending like that. 

One of the better films I've seen recently. 

On 28/04/2021 at 11:59, David said:

Stowaway on Netflix 2/10

Quite possibly the worst film I have endured, Netflix are very naughty removing ratings and replacing it with this match percentage and trending thing. Hides just how bad things are. 

On 05/05/2021 at 11:17, TimRam said:

Stowaway on netflix 7/10. Decent scifi but should have been slightly longer.

That's what's great about films. Something for everyone

35 minutes ago, MrPlinkett said:

I enjoyed it too. My wife did but hates ending like that. 

One of the better films I've seen recently. 

I know. No spoilers but I was sure at a certain point that something else was going to happen and then it didn’t & I was like “oh, wow, that’s brave”. It worked for me & added a lot of depth, but I can see why some might not like it.

Powerful film & uncomfortable viewing at times - which was the point. 

Been thinking about it a lot since....

Just now, Wolfie said:

I know. No spoilers but I was sure at a certain point that something else was going to happen and then it didn’t & I was like “oh, wow, that’s brave”. It worked for me & added a lot of depth, but I can see why some might not like it.

Powerful film & uncomfortable viewing at times - which was the point. 

Been thinking about it a lot since....

Yep definitely one that sticks with you.