Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

The Talented Mr. Ripley

Odd. The premise is promising, but it just drags on and the end is pretty unsatisfying. Jude Law is decent in it but then gets killed off about an hour in and the film loses its way.

Matt Damon's weakest performance of his career possibly?

Feels like a supermarket own brand version of American Psycho, crossed with Catch me if you Can.

5/10.

• 3 weeks later...

Synchronic

on Sky movies. Starring Anthony Mackie (Falcon - Marvel), and Jamie Dornan (50 shades, The Fall) as paramedics struggling to handle weird deaths after people take a mystery drug. 

takes about half an hour to get going but then gets really interesting. 

Locke (sky Movies)

Basically it’s 90mins of somebody’s life in real time, driving a car in the dark & mostly on the phone with his boss, colleague, wife & mistress. 

Sounds like it should be crap but Tom Hardy is fantastic as the main (only) role, as we watch his life threaten to fall apart. 

Never seen such a minimalist film before. Not completely satisfying (no spoilers) but enjoyed this. 

7/10

Ready or Not (Sky Movies)

Re-watched this the other night & still love it.

Comedy thriller in which a bride has to play a deadly game on her wedding night, in order to join her new family.

Clever, witty, weird. So many good characters.

9/10

58 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Fight Club 

Not watched it since it first came out. Probably get shouted down but still wasnt a huge fan, as much as I like David Fincher it feels like it's reputation is better than it actually deserves, all didn't quite hang together for me. Prefer Gone Girl, Se7en and Zodiac but still worth a watch. 

7/10

Haven't seen the film but the book is rubbish.

On 23/08/2021 at 19:19, Wolfie said:

Free Guy is meant to be pretty good

On 24/08/2021 at 08:22, r4derby said:

It’s a good premise, but I’m not sure what they’re going to do with it. Will hopefully get to see it in the next few weeks.

Watched it last Friday, if you like Ryan Reynolds humour then you'll enjoy it. The wife genuinely laughed out loud on more than 1 occasion in a pretty full cinema.

Worth going to see for some lighthearted entertainment 

The Gentleman, loved it not seen a film like it for a few years. Reminded me of Lock stock etc. Defo recommend it 

Dean Saunders/10 

Personal Shopper (iPlayer)

Kristen Stewart as a personal shopper to a supermodel in Paris, mourning the loss of her twin brother (who is a medium, like she is) & waiting for "the sign" they promised each other from the afterlife when they died.

This was recommended to me but it's just awful. It can't decide whether it's a ghost story / stalker movie / murder mystery or horror. It jumps between them for its duration and then just abruptly ends, with no conclusion.

3/10 just for the occasional creepy moment but seriously, dont.

27 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The Accountant

Ben Affleck plays a mathematical savant who works as an accountant for some very unsavoury people. He also has a penchant for changing bad people - from being alive people to dead people.

A thoroughly enjoyable bloodbath.

7.5/10

Maybe we've hired him to submit our revised account's? 

15 minutes ago, Rev said:

Maybe we've hired him to submit our revised account's? 

I would be happy if that were the case. Have you seen the practical effects of going over double-entry bookkeeping using a Barrett M82A1 .50 calibre rifle, especially in the EFL headquarters?

Much better than an HB pencil.

47 Metres Down: Uncaged

I have become mildly addicted to Netflix's 'Play something' feature, which has thrown up a few watches in recent weeks that surprised me. However, because I watched 'Jaws' of my own free will, it thinks I like anything with sharks in it and while 'The Meg' was a diverting Jaws knock off, 47 Metres Down: Uncaged is woeful. Put me more in mind of the unforgivable 'Shark in Venice' than Spielberg's masterpiece.

2/10