Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

4 hours ago, Chester40 said:

If you rewatch Top Gun (Tony Scott) it is also full-on nonsense but with a huge dollop of knowing cheese. Cruise is a lot more charismatic than Reeves and it predates it too.  I just couldn't believe how awful the dialogue, the acting and plot holes were for a more 'modern' action movie. 

I didn't turn it off and I would probably rewatch it...so it obviously had nice set pieces and was cool in an odd way, it just wasn't what I expected. Keanu's acting was unbelievably bad though, unintentionally hilarious. 

Well yeah, it's Keanu Reeves mate. And it was made 30 years ago, so there's that. Top Gun is just a homo-erotic pop promo, despite being the greatest film ever made.

Rewatched Mel Brooks film The Twelve Chairs.  Set in USSR after the revolution.  Basically a treasure hunt film in the vein of It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World.  A very young Frank Langella stars, alongside Dom DeLuise in the guise of a mad monk and Ron Moody as a humbled former nobleman, who gives a brilliant performance, reminiscent of a rabid dog. 8/10 easily.

Free on YouTube for anyone interested

Edited by ramit

Escape from Pretoria 

Daniel Radcliffe as a South African criminal..sounds dodgy as anything BUT when you can get past the fact he looks like a Guess Who character its actually really good. 

Watched it with the kids and we were all gripped. Didn't know the ending and that made it feel so much more tense. Watch without researching and be amazed its actually true. 

Sith Happens

Space Cop - With the Red Letter Media gang.

Obviously intentionally crap but very funny at times, but probably only if you enjoy Mr Plinkett, Half in the bag etc...

On 13/03/2021 at 07:17, Chester40 said:

Escape from Pretoria 

Daniel Radcliffe as a South African criminal..sounds dodgy as anything BUT when you can get past the fact he looks like a Guess Who character its actually really good. 

Watched it with the kids and we were all gripped. Didn't know the ending and that made it feel so much more tense. Watch without researching and be amazed its actually true. 

Watched this based on your comments. Glad I did. Avoiding spoilers, there are a few points that you think you know what’s coming, but maybe you don’t ? quite intense 

The Rental 2020 (Free on Amazon Prime)

"Two couples on an oceanside getaway grow suspicious that the host of their seemingly perfect rental house may be spying on them"

Decided to watch this despite imdb reviews being very mixed about the ending in particular but I found it fairly original & interesting, in a not very original genre. Think: Michael Myers in an Airbnb. Just less than 90 mins, so refreshingly short.

My main problem was I didn't like any of the characters. At all. But then I suppose that made the unfortunate events that unfolded for them a bit easier to take.

6/10

I've just watched:-

The Miracle of the White Stallions"

On Youtube (free!)

For the first time in 30 years.

It is an amazing film based on true events.

I found it even better than when I first saw it and suggest you sit every member of the family down to watch it.

They won't need persuading!

Watched “Joker” last week. Obviously very dark and not sure if I’d watch it again. 5/10

I then watched “I care a lot” on Saturday. Not a classic but I enjoyed it 6/10

Last night I watched “Kings of Summer”. A very easy watch even though not much happens. 7/10

Finally got around to seeing The Godfather last night.  I know, I know!  ?

It was all fine, in a DCFC version of Shilton/10, but struggled to see why it was such a classic.

We're going for Godfather ii tonight, and iii tomorrow night!

#Mafiabingeweekend

Must have been the mention of cannoli earlier in the week!  I see it got a couple of mentions last night!  ?

On 19/03/2021 at 20:30, 86 Hair Islands said:

Zack Snyder's Justice League. Baddie seeks to unify objects that bestow world destroying powers on the holder. Sound familiar? That'd be because it is, but not in a good way. 

Abdoul Camara in a blindfold / 10

*Sky

I’m working though this in 1 hour chunks - though I’m not sure I’ll actually make it all the way to the end. It’s quite clearly a film made by more than one director and in places has some of the worst CGI you’ll see in a film from the last 30 years - all the stuff that Marvel do so well, DC seem to get horribly wrong...

The Endless (99p rent on Amazon Prime)

IMDB: "This mind-bending thriller follows two brothers who receive a cryptic video message inspiring them to revisit the UFO death cult they escaped a decade earlier. Hoping to find the closure that they couldn't as young men, they're forced to reconsider the cult's beliefs when confronted with unexplainable phenomena surrounding the camp".

Weird. A bit like an extended Twilight Zone story.

I enjoyed it. Mrs Wolfie less so. What does she know anyway?.

6.5/10

1 hour ago, JoetheRam said:

Aquaman.

Lasted about 90 seconds before zoning out.

Marvel films are really not to my taste.

I’d have agreed with you two weeks ago, but I’ve spent two weeks forcing myself to watch them ALL in timeline order. Some a bit more childish than others, but pieced together, they’re decent for action films. 

23 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I’d have agreed with you two weeks ago, but I’ve spent two weeks forcing myself to watch them ALL in timeline order. Some a bit more childish than others, but pieced together, they’re decent for action films. 

Chronological timeline or released timeline?