Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

Baby Driver. 

How did I not know of this film?

An action/chase/heist film that was actually interesting. Good acting from the support cast, in particular Jamie Foxx. Soundtrack is phenomenal, great use of music as well. All the Hollywood clichés with a knowing twist. What every action film should be.

Felt like a film that would be a fictional movie referenced in a Tarantino movie. The kind of film that Jules and Vincent would go to see.

Eranio out of 5.

Edited by JoetheRam

On 09/05/2021 at 20:52, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Baby Driver. Good, but not great.

David Nugent / 10.

2 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Baby Driver. 

How did I not know of this film?

An action/chase/heist film that was actually interesting. Good acting from the support cast, in particular Jamie Foxx. Soundtrack is phenomenal, great use of music as well. All the Hollywood clichés with a knowing twist. What every action film should be.

Felt like a film that would be a fictional movie referenced in a Tarantino movie. The kind of film that Jules and Vincent would go to see.

Eranio out of 5.

Does this mean Nugent was as good for Derby as Eranio was? 

or does it mean that BurtonRam is a muppet who couldn’t pin the eye ball on a Ram? 

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Falling Down.

Michael Douglas.  Robert Duvall.

1993 Action/Thriller.

So bad, we watched it all, because it must get better at some stage right?  Wrong!  

What an absolute load of Mick Coop/10! 

It’s because it’s been kinda copied. Had you watched it in 1993-98 you’d have liked it. 

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

He was bought by Tommy Docherty to replace the likes of Gemmill, Rioch etc. He wasn't a bad player, just not a very good one.

Is there a modern day equivalent i can use as a comparative judgement?

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Dowell? 

That's actually a very good comparison. Dowell has looked quite good at other clubs. Moreland wasn't a bad player from what I remember. He just wasn't as good as the players he replaced. That being said, he was one of the better players of the era.

Judas and the Black Messiah - A pretty frank and honest depiction of the events leading up to the assassination of Black Panther leader, Fred Hampton. Daniel Kaluuya is excellent in the lead role, as is LaKeith Stansfield as the traitorous FBI informant, William O'Neal.

On 19/04/2021 at 13:58, Wolfie said:

Palm Springs - New & free on Prime Video

Two people get trapped in a time loop at a wedding & doomed to play out the same day over and over.

It sounds like it should just be a rip-off of Groundhog Day & there are obvious similarities but it's different enough and funny enough to get away with it.

7/10

Just watched it last night - pleasantly surprising. Of course, anything with Cristen Milioti and J.K.Simmons in is going to be pretty watchable but this absolutely succeeded in not being Groundhog Day in a way I was impressed with (even the clever nod to it when she tries to exit the loop in the same way)

Archie Gemmill for me

On 17/05/2021 at 20:10, richinspain said:

That's actually a very good comparison. Dowell has looked quite good at other clubs. Moreland wasn't a bad player from what I remember. He just wasn't as good as the players he replaced. That being said, he was one of the better players of the era.

Moreland will be eternally scarred for being shown on the opening clip of Grandstand getting skinned by Dalglish. I tihnk they kept that in the opening credits for about four years.