Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

10 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Aquaman.

Lasted about 90 seconds before zoning out.

Marvel films are really not to my taste.

Hasn't had good reviews full stop tbf. 

My kids are watching them all again and they just aren't for me. Just hoovering up all the actors, directors, investment and inspiration to produce more and more of the same thing. 

I enjoyed Thor Ragnorok, Iron Man..bits of the Avengers films, Shazaam was great. I just can't emotionally care about them so the funny films I can settle into but most of them just seem ludicrous to me. 

I think I'm done with superhero films. Of the Marvel ones, I think I've seen all the Thor ones; One of the Iron Man ones (not sure which) and maybe another but can't remember. I did watch the Avengers films but it's all a bit meh and samey for me. I haven't seen any of the recent DC ones & the thought of watching 4 hours of the Justice League is my idea of torture.

I'll probably just stick with Thor. He's the only character that really interests me.

59 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I think I'm done with superhero films. Of the Marvel ones, I think I've seen all the Thor ones; One of the Iron Man ones (not sure which) and maybe another but can't remember. I did watch the Avengers films but it's all a bit meh and samey for me. I haven't seen any of the recent DC ones & the thought of watching 4 hours of the Justice League is my idea of torture.

I'll probably just stick with Thor. He's the only character that really interests me.

Thor 1 & 2 were a bit 'meh' imo.  Thor Ragnarok was arguably one of the best of the Marvel movies. 

If you've not seen the Guardians of the Galaxy films (1 & 2) they might be worth a watch - they are a bit more silly and fun than others in the MCU.

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

Thor 1 & 2 were a bit 'meh' imo.  Thor Ragnarok was arguably one of the best of the Marvel movies. 

If you've not seen the Guardians of the Galaxy films (1 & 2) they might be worth a watch - they are a bit more silly and fun than others in the MCU.

Ah yes. The first GoftheG film is the other one I couldn’t remember & yes it was quite good fun. 

5 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Ah yes. The first GoftheG film is the other one I couldn’t remember & yes it was quite good fun. 

They’re worth watching in timeline order. I felt similar to you and then watched 2 a night over the last few weeks. 

Tales from the lodge (Free on Prime)

British thriller/horror comedy - "Friends gather at a lodge to commemorate a friend, who drowned in a lake nearby 3 years ago. They tell each other scary stories and suddenly find themselves in one".

Never heard of it before but was an entertaining 90 mins.

7/10

Watching all The Hunger Games films. Halfway through the fourth/final film and have to say, having never watched them, I’m enjoying them. Can’t yet confirm if my admiration of Miss Lawrence is biasing my enjoyment or not. 

solid Matt Oakley/10 

Watched Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets tonight as on ITV2. I like it for being the most true to the books (IIRC) and for being the most important in terms of the future development of the story. But I am reminded that the casting of some of these young actors was terrible, and having done poorly with Harry in the first film (but now being stuck with him), now we have an unsuitable Ginny Weasley. The same very safe director, Christopher Columbus, on both movies.

Having re-read the books very many times I'd give the source material 10/10 here. But the film probably gets an 8/10.

The Trial of the Chicago 7.

Sasha Baron Cohen was outstanding save for an occasional accent slip. In fact pretty much everybody in it acted their tits of, especially Frank Langella who was not as dead as I thought he was.

Good to see Michael Keaton back in fine form too.

Brilliant and very much a Raich Carter our of 10 and deserves it's Oscar nominations.

On 03/04/2021 at 02:26, Carl Sagan said:

Watched Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets tonight as on ITV2. I like it for being the most true to the books (IIRC) and for being the most important in terms of the future development of the story. But I am reminded that the casting of some of these young actors was terrible, and having done poorly with Harry in the first film (but now being stuck with him), now we have an unsuitable Ginny Weasley. The same very safe director, Christopher Columbus, on both movies.

Having re-read the books very many times I'd give the source material 10/10 here. But the film probably gets an 8/10.

Both the first 2 films capture the books well, as they are aimed at a younger audience. As the books grew with their audience, so too did the films. I like that Chamber is faithful to the book, as did my kids. It has a magical, childlike feel which is lost in the later ones as a darker take is had. Similarly, I think the books are 10/10, but the movies range from 5-8/10

On 03/04/2021 at 03:26, Carl Sagan said:

I don't care how many snobs poo on the books. They're amazing.