Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

Benny Loves You - Amazon Prime

Low budget comedy horror - think Elmo crossed with Child's Play. You'll cry in parts (because it's so bad) and laugh in others (because it's hilarious in places), some nods to other movies in there too. An hour and a half of ridiulous fun if you're in the mood for it.

Tommy Johnson/10

Don't throw him out...

On 01/07/2021 at 23:35, r4derby said:

Went to see ‘In the Heights’ with the wife at the cinema.

Musicals can be hit or miss, really enjoyed this one. Based on a block in New York full of Latino, Puerta Rico and Dominican families. Their heritage is threatened as the neighbourhood changes, while a few try to keep it alive.

Lin Manuel Miranda is very talented. Lots of similarities in musical style to Hamilton, although the music in this is heavily inspired by Latino music. Toe tappers the whole way through.

Also worth noting that the cinema experience was very good. Staff helpful, felt completely comfortable and enjoyed watching a movie on the big screen again. If you’re worried, hopefully that helps settle any nerves.

8/10 

I agreed to go and see this (on Fathers' day of all days) and I really don't like musicals. I actually enjoyed it too. Really rather too long and it was all I could do not to stand up and shout 'Get on with it. Go or stay, I don't care, just do one or the other' and so on. But the characters were engaging and likeable and the music uplifting.

First trip to the cinema for almost 18 months.

7/10

The Tomorrow War (Amazon Prime)

4* review on Amazon... Personally I'd give it 1*. 

It was acted well enough and had a decent pace to it but the plot was tedious and didn't seem to grasp the effects of time travel.  The ending was entirely predictable and a rip off of other films.  It was also the worst possible way the film could have ended - there must have been a million and one other ways to prevent 'The Tomorrow War' but they went with the most inefficient/costly one imaginable. 

Save yourself a couple of hours and start watching Clarksons Farm on Amazon instead ?

On 18/07/2021 at 10:03, Wolfie said:

Not sure why it’s taken me so long but last night I watched The Devil’s Advocate for the first time. 

8/10 Al Pacino fabulous as Satan and a young Charlize Theron, with Keanu being not quite as wooden as in some of his films

Yes, a bit dated now but still a good film.

Double X: The Name of the Game (1992) Stars Norman Wisdom (acting against type), Simon Ward, Bernard Hill and Chloe (Red Dwarf) Arnett).

This suprised me, despite being a 'low budget' British gangster film. It was brutal in parts and had some decent action sequences. Norman Wisdom was great. 7.5/10

On 11/07/2021 at 14:18, TexasRam said:

Watched the new Bill and Ted film, probably the worst film I’ve ever seen dude. Awful, Kenny Burns/10 

I'd normally go to the cinema aka "movie theater" a few times a month and used to work for the British Film Institute. Since Covid struck I have been to a cinema only twice. Once was for Christopher Nolan's TENET and the other was for the new Bill and Ted. Bill and Ted might be utter tosh, but it was comfortably the superior movie!