Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

On 12/04/2024 at 14:23, Premier ram said:

The Mule starring Clint Eastwood and Bradley Cooper, excellent watch , even at a ripe old age Clint still steals the show

Clint at 93 years old...as for The Mule...a cracking film...on iPlayer 8-10

image.thumb.png.e4e64b9e58b46bd0e69cc6bdd7837cdc.png

On 09/04/2024 at 16:19, Comrade 86 said:

Knox Goes Away - wasn't really sure what to expect of this movie as I watched it on a whim and without knowing anything about it. Michael Keaton directs and stars as a hitman whose doctor initially misdiagnoses Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease, a rapidly progressive neurodegenerative disorder, as Alzheimer's. Upon learning that he has only weeks remaining, rather than months or years, he sets about completing a last contract, then 'cleaning house' before the inevitable, but not all goes go according to plan.

It's leisurely paced and perhaps a little short on the 'action' normally associated with films of this ilk, being a little more melancholy and cerebral in its approach, but I really liked it. Keaton, in particular, is very good in the lead role and handles the direction deftly too and delivers a decent twist without telegraphing it.

Don't be put off by the Saban Films link. It's not a Saban film, they just bought the distribution rights.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt20115766/

You can buy "Knox Goes Away" on Apple TV, Amazon Video, Google Play Movies, YouTube, Vudu as download or rent it on Apple TV, Amazon Video, Google Play Movies, YouTube, Vudu, Spectrum On Demand online.

Paul Peschisolido / 10

Forgot you reviewed this and watched it with the kids on Fri.

Very fair review. Interesting,  reasonably slow, thought provoking.. thought the ending was slightly telegraphed but a decent and engaging film.

The One I Love (Free on Prime)

From imdb: On the brink of separation, Ethan and Sophie escape to a beautiful vacation house for a weekend getaway to save their marriage. What begins as a romantic and fun retreat soon becomes surreal when an unexpected discovery forces the two to examine themselves, their relationship, and their future.

Highly rated on imdb but to me it felt like a half hour twilight zone episode, stretched to 90 minutes.

Not that bad but entirely forgettable. 5.5/10

On 15/04/2024 at 18:00, Crewton said:

King Richard, Netflix, the amazing story of Venus and Sabrina Williams beginnings and their father Richard's obsessive and sometimes disturbing plan to turn two of his 5 daughters into tennis legends. It lags at times but does give a pretty honest picture, warts and all, of what he did to achieve his dream for them. Taribo West 7.5

Perfect aeroplane film.

49 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Back To Black , as a massive Amy Winehouse fan I thought I would give it a go , glad I did , very good, also stars Jack o Connell 

Cheers, was thinking of going to see it. Such a tragic waste of a brilliant talent.

11 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Cheers, was thinking of going to see it. Such a tragic waste of a brilliant talent.

Very very sad mate , outstanding voice nothing like her before or since, such a tragedy to lose her so young

Got halfway through Killers of the Flower Moon last night and have to confess I'm a tad bored. 

I think there's a certain sense of self indulgence, pomposity and arrogance in making films this long that aren't called Lawrence of Arabia.

As you can expect from Baby Yoda, it's well directed, very well acted, and clever, but it's lacking something for me. 

3 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Got halfway through Killers of the Flower Moon last night and have to confess I'm a tad bored. 

I think there's a certain sense of self indulgence, pomposity and arrogance in making films this long that aren't called Lawrence of Arabia.

As you can expect from Baby Yoda, it's well directed, very well acted, and clever, but it's lacking something for me. 

I owe it another attempt, but I thought it was a bit boring too.

Apparently Apple TV and the like give the top directors much more freedom with their projects to attract them to the platform. Sometimes the traditional Hollywood suits are right.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

18 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I owe it another attempt, but I thought it was a bit boring too.

Apparently Apple TV and the like give the top directors much more freedom with their projects to attract them to the platform. Sometimes the traditional Hollywood suits are right.

Oh, I actually didn't realise it was made with that in min d, but it makes perfect sense now.

Having said that, The Irishman was a similar length and that didn't feel quite as ploddy to me.

After the excitement of the football, we ended up coming home and watching "Strays" on Sky Cinema

A live action/CGI comedy film about talking dogs, but none of the feel-good family film factor that you might expect. Full of swearing, jokes about humping stuff and some proper laugh out loud/gross moments. Script was good enough that I didn't really notice the dogs mouths being animated. Jamie Foxx and Will Ferrell voice the two main characters

If you have dogs you will find it hilarious

promotion/10