Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

Brightburn - Netflix (90 mins)

Infant falls from stars, adopted by couple that have prayed for a child, child gets older, develops super powers. Sounds a familiar but there's no Clark Kent or Lois Lane here. 

Branko Strupar/10   Enjoyable watch and wouldn't have minded if it would have lasted a little longer.

Can't remember who it was, but someone on here recommended Almost Famous a few months back. Just watched it. Enjoyable, but went on slightly too long. Craig Bryson minus the 2013/14 season.

I also re-watched Dazed and Confused and enjoyed it a lot more than I did on first watch.

3 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Can't remember who it was, but someone on here recommended Almost Famous a few months back. Just watched it. Enjoyable, but went on slightly too long. Craig Bryson minus the 2013/14 season.

I also re-watched Dazed and Confused and enjoyed it a lot more than I did on first watch.

That was me fella, after you mentioned Dazed and Confused.

Watched a few on Netflix recently, all British films.

I Am Vengeance : Retaliation 1/10

Honestly just avoid it, makes a Steven Seagal film look good.

Calibre 8/10

Really enjoyed this one, Scottish film but you won't need subtitles. 2 blokes go hunting, and well it goes Pete Tong.

iBoy 3/10

Boy gets shot, boy can then control electronic devices, but it's a bit too far fetched at times and probably aimed towards your 15 year olds tbf.

Fish Tank 7/10

Realised after this won a bunch of awards, I can see why, but you know those films where nothing really happens, it's more of an insight of family life in some of the poorer areas in a city? It's one of those. Probably goes on a little bit too long and there's an uncomfortable scene to watch in there. Out of control kid, finds dancing, seduced by mums new boyfriend. As I say, it's uncomfortable viewing, but I feel that was the point.

U want me 2 kill him? 7/10

Another I enjoyed, bit of a twist in there. Actually watched it twice, once by myself and then with the missus. She clocked what was going on straight away, I didn't which is annoying. 

6 hours ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Oxygen on Netflix - 9/10 for most of it.  1/10 for the last 10 minutes 

Such a disappointment.

Won't give too much away but thought it was quite nail-biting and the ending was good personally and quite thought-provoking.

8 hours ago, David said:

Calibre 8/10

Really enjoyed this one, Scottish film but you won't need subtitles. 2 blokes go hunting, and well it goes Pete Tong.

High score well deserved. Thanks for the recommendation.

• 4 weeks later...

Ice Road with Liam Neeson 3/10

Absolutely cliche riddled with appalling CGI effects and a never ending flow of totally improbable scenarios which Neeson has to battle through. 

Can see now why Laurence Fishburne only lasted part way through the film as imagine he asked to be written out after he realised what a turkey he was in.

Went to see ‘In the Heights’ with the wife at the cinema.

Musicals can be hit or miss, really enjoyed this one. Based on a block in New York full of Latino, Puerta Rico and Dominican families. Their heritage is threatened as the neighbourhood changes, while a few try to keep it alive.

Lin Manuel Miranda is very talented. Lots of similarities in musical style to Hamilton, although the music in this is heavily inspired by Latino music. Toe tappers the whole way through.

Also worth noting that the cinema experience was very good. Staff helpful, felt completely comfortable and enjoyed watching a movie on the big screen again. If you’re worried, hopefully that helps settle any nerves.

8/10 

Currently watching Sisyphus The Myth.

It's a time-travel series which is akin to pushing a stone uphill - and then watching it roll down the hill again. Good in parts, tedious in others.

Theo/10.