Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

Wonder Woman 1984 - one of the worst mainstream films I've ever seen (and I've sat through a lot of dross).

So badly made - poor acting, poor plot, vast number of holes in the story, huge number of 'mistakes' (continuity issues, but mainly things that weren't around in 1984). I really hoped that Wonder Woman would die before the end of the film but (spoiler alert!) unfortunately she survived to milk yet more money from the poor saps that watch the DC comics franchise.....

1/10

16 hours ago, Rev said:

The Green Mile.

If the Shawshank Redemption is Wayne Rooney/10, this is a John Rooney/10.

Looks similar, is perfectly functional in a similar vein, but ultimately nowhere near as good.

Both written be Stephen King and set in a prison, but don't see much else that links the two to be honest....

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

Wonder Woman 1984 - one of the worst mainstream films I've ever seen (and I've sat through a lot of dross).

So badly made - poor acting, poor plot, vast number of holes in the story, huge number of 'mistakes' (continuity issues, but mainly things that weren't around in 1984). I really hoped that Wonder Woman would die before the end of the film but (spoiler alert!) unfortunately she survived to milk yet more money from the poor saps that watch the DC comics franchise.....

1/10

Watched this a couple of nights ago and felt they really failed to capitalise on a potentially good plot. I didn’t like a single character, they even managed to make me dislike his kid! 

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

Watched this a couple of nights ago and felt they really failed to capitalise on a potentially good plot. I didn’t like a single character, they even managed to make me dislike his kid! 

Agree. 

Yeah the film kinda peaked briefly in the middle when the plot unfolded but tailed off badly towards the end as it failed to make the most of its potential ?

The beginning of the film was 'meh', as you say none of the characters were likeable and the film very quickly ran out of steam following a brief 'actually this might turn out okay' moment - which was disappointing as the first film was certainly one to build on.

Tyrone Mears/10  - if you get the opportunity, leave through a window before you invest to much time!

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

Both written be Stephen King and set in a prison, but don't see much else that links the two to be honest....

I agree with @Rev they have a verty similar *feel* in large part because their scripts were both based on King stories, but also because they had the same director in Frank Darabont.

There were also a lot of similarities between the Hanks and Robbin characters. 

On 23/08/2021 at 18:09, Chester40 said:

Fight Club 

Not watched it since it first came out. Probably get shouted down but still wasnt a huge fan, as much as I like David Fincher it feels like it's reputation is better than it actually deserves, all didn't quite hang together for me. Prefer Gone Girl, Se7en and Zodiac but still worth a watch. 

7/10

I'd ditto the entire post.

2 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

47 Metres Down: Uncaged

I have become mildly addicted to Netflix's 'Play something' feature, which has thrown up a few watches in recent weeks that surprised me. However, because I watched 'Jaws' of my own free will, it thinks I like anything with sharks in it and while 'The Meg' was a diverting Jaws knock off, 47 Metres Down: Uncaged is woeful. Put me more in mind of the unforgivable 'Shark in Venice' than Spielberg's masterpiece.

2/10

And yet, Sharknado truly is one of the cinematic wonders of our age, to be named with reverence alongside such classics as Wild Women Of Wonga, Godzilla v The Smog Monster and Plan 9 From Outer Space and as such, watched while drunk, stoned or preferably both.

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

And yet, Sharknado truly is one of the cinematic wonders of our age, to be named with reverence alongside such classics as Wild Women Of Wonga, Godzilla v The Smog Monster and Plan 9 From Outer Space and as such, watched while drunk, stoned or preferably both.

I'd add Snakes on a Train. Snakes on a Plane was ok though.

6 hours ago, Gaspode said:

1/10

But Gal Godot though ! Got to give it another mark out of ten just for her to grace your screen. 

2 hours ago, TexasRam said:

But Gal Godot though ! Got to give it another mark out of ten just for her to grace your screen. 

Attractive woman but she really doesn’t do it for me as Wonder Woman - such a crap character - though I did nearly add a bonus point for Kristen Wiig in a very tight 1980s leotard….?

Arctic

Mads Mikkelsen is a pilot of a plane which crashes in the Arctic. The film is basically Castaway with little dialogue, more frostbite and less Wilson - and is all the better for it. I loved it. Apart from the ending.

8.5/10

Edited by Eddie