Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mucker1884 said:

So, that's the clubs sorted.  They want him, we'll let them talk.

Now it's all down to Frank.

Laugh my blox off if he say's "Naah... I don't wanna talk to 'em, thanks"!  

?

I'm sure all the talking has been done via intermediaries.  This is so they can make the offer official. giphy.gif

Meh, we’ve lost far better managers in the past and moved on. I was more upset when we lost Mac on both occasions. Wonder if Frank will get the same criticism McClaren and Rowett did or if fans will be more forgiving just because he’s called Frank Lampard. Lampard will probably be another Thierry Henry and Gary Neville and sacked within 6th months if it doesn’t start well at Chelsea. The reality is we’ve gone from 6th under Rowett, to 6th under Lampard. Yes the football was better but it still wasn’t fantastic as everyone says it was. People seem to remember the great games against West Brom and Man Utd but what about the other games when it was poor to watch? Time to get a man in who will be here for longer term.

6 minutes ago, Duwayne said:

Frig off Frank, been a good ride but still shows the lack of loyalty nowadays, planning for next season my bottom. 

Get someone who appreciates the club, who feels honoured to manage us. 

Wow how the tied has turned and he hasn't even gone yet.

Look pretty silly if he doesn't go

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Meh, we’ve lost far better managers in the past and moved on. I was more upset when we lost Mac on both occasions. Wonder if Frank will get the same criticism McClaren and Rowett did or if fans will be more forgiving just because he’s called Frank Lampard. Lampard will probably be another Thierry Henry and Gary Neville and sacked within 6th months if it doesn’t start well at Chelsea. The reality is we’ve gone from 6th under Rowett, to 6th under Lampard. Yes the football was better but it still wasn’t fantastic as everyone says it was. People seem to remember the great games against West Brom and Man Utd but what about the other games when it was poor to watch? Time to get a man in who will be here for longer term.

No extra forgiveness from me , just another badge kissing ,behind the scenes   Fake snake

Thought we might get some form of official announcement today rather than just reports. It’s something we’ve known has been coming for a long time really, not quite sure why it’s taken quite so bloody long, but at least it’s official now so we know where we stand. We’ll get the full compensation for everyone I suspect this means which is good news, that’ll be significant funds towards ffp and a new coaching staff. Nigh on certain franks gone now, he’s their first choice and he wants the job of course, so this is almost certainly the beginning of the end. Would imagine things will be wrapped quite quickly over the next few days now. But we’ve known that it was ending for a while and have been expecting this so we just need to focus on ourselves now and be glad that we finally know officially where we stand, despite it being clear for a while now.

Time to start building a shortlist of the best options for a replacement available to us and interested, and then we can start with our own process once Lampard to Chelsea is wrapped up. Just hope they get it done quick so a new man can be in place for us next week and we don’t end up behind in our preparations.

Honestly think it’s career suicide for him this early on. He does well then he might last a few years at the most but if he fails he will never get the chance again. 

5 years time he could be on Sky Sports arguing with Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher. 

Archived