Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly think Frank will regret this unless Roman has changed his mindset.

Transfer ban

Sold Hazard

No world class number 9

Its all well and good the experts saying he can bring through the younger players but in reality Franks main task will be to hang onto the coat tails of City, Liverpool etc

i wish him well but I predict a short reign, does he want that at such an early stage of his career?

Hopefully Mel has our new Manager down at Morley Hayes necking posh wine.

3 minutes ago, JohnHarkes said:

It's a bit odd calling Lampard fickle, if any of our managers in the past 20 years had been approached by a team who finished third and is playing Champions League we'd have said fair play, don't know how you can turn that down, surely? Mostly because you'd be baffled that would happen at all. But when it happens to be someone who's also arguably their greatest ever player it's fickle and disloyal? Bit harsh. Not many people anticipated this happening one year in, I doubt Frank did either.

It's a shame, and frustrating when you see us making progress, but I don't think it's anything to get angry about, especially not towards Lampard. I think we'll be fine regardless, we may even finish 5th next year!

It's more about the timing for me.  This has dragged on far too long and has put us well and truly on the back foot as far as preparation is concerned and I just feel it could have been done with a bit more alacrity and awareness of the consequences that delaying would cause us, is all.

1 minute ago, RedSox said:

So just maybe, the media that many have been vilifying, had it right all along..... Get on with it Frank and give us a few days left to prepare, eh?

No one was saying the link between Chelsea and Lampard was wrong, it was the ‘done by the end of the week’ and the crassness of some of the London writers that put Derby fans backs up. It was obvious there was at least a part of the Chelsea hierarchy that wanted Lampard.

Just now, LB_DCFC said:

I'll never forget the away days at Man U, West Brom, Norwich, Bristol City & especially Leeds.

Thank you Frank for those memories, and many more this season. It's sad, but this season has been a memorable one. 

Hate to say it, but in time, we’ll probably realise we’ve had more memorable bowel movements. I know I have.

I mean take out the Man Utd cup win, and they are all run-of-the-mill wins in a run-of-the-mill season for a run-of-the-mill Championship promotion contender.

Maybe it doesn’t help that my record was 5 games attended, 1 won, 1 drawn, 3 lost, but I fail to see what was so special about this season?

What made this particular season any more special than any other recent promotion challenge we have failed in?

12 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

i've read £4m and £7m over the last week or so. I am asuming it's £4m for him and £3m for the rest of them? 

Yeah, the 4m is just for Lampard

I had heard 2m for Morris then 1m for the rest (Jones & Given?) which then fits in line with the story yesterday where it said 7m compo for Lampard & his team

2 minutes ago, Kinder said:

I really enjoyed last season and enjoyed the increased media profile that came with having Frank as manager. The way it’s been drawn out though, with all his mates and family chipping in and giving no consideration whatsoever to us, has left a bit of a sour taste. I know he was on holiday but our preparations for next season have been put back because of it.

I think the fact that he's on holiday would suggest that we haven't lost any time for preparation... Because he wouldn't have been preparing for the season anyway what with being on holiday

Uncle Mel has been pretty sharp so far with getting new people in - I would imagine we'll lose maybe a week of preparation by the time the new guy comes in, plus the players don't report back until the 1st July anyway

Honestly more annoyed about the continued lack of managerial continuity than Lampard going. He did better than I expected but ultimately we ended up on less points than last season and only turned up for 55 minutes (second half at Leeds, last 10 at Wembley) out of 270 in the playoffs. I have no doubt we can appoint someone who is a better manager, I just hope the obvious togetherness that the squad/supporters has isn’t tarnished.

Thanks for not that much really Frank. Four or five very memorable games but, ultimately, as much a failure as everyone else in the past decade plus.

I would like to say I'm shocked at some of the posts on here but I'm not. People banging on about loyalty yet offered none when the rumours started. Too many posters look like spoilt brats, throwing your toys out the pram.

I have to say I'm disappointed with the reactions over the last few weeks, some of you need to hang your heads in shame. 

3 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

I honestly think Frank will regret this unless Roman has changed his mindset.

Transfer ban

Sold Hazard

No world class number 9

Its all well and good the experts saying he can bring through the younger players but in reality Franks main task will be to hang onto the coat tails of City, Liverpool etc

i wish him well but I predict a short reign, does he want that at such an early stage of his career?

Hopefully Mel has our new Manager down at Morley Hayes necking posh wine.

The only world class player they have is Kanté, let alone no world class number 9

Archived