Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

7m compo for Frank & his backroom staff is a really good deal for us, yes its Frank Lampard but its also a young manager who has had 1 season in managemen, 7m is great business by Mel!

i've read £4m and £7m over the last week or so. I am asuming it's £4m for him and £3m for the rest of them? 

Ah well...

walkers.jpg

I wouldn't say it was a mega season, and I've already stated that I enjoyed the 13/14 season far, far more, but overall, it's been an enjoyable season, with a good smattering of very high highlights, and a few bits of dross thrown in.

In all honesty, IF he does go, I'd be far more concerned about Frank Lampard's managerial future than Derby County's future.  I can't help thinking this is a few years too early for him, and he may well come a cropper sooner than later.  Nice guy though, so let's hope I'm wrong!

I'll save my best wishes until it's all official.

It's a bit odd calling Lampard fickle, if any of our managers in the past 20 years had been approached by a team who finished third and is playing Champions League we'd have said fair play, don't know how you can turn that down, surely? Mostly because you'd be baffled that would happen at all. But when it happens to be someone who's also arguably their greatest ever player it's fickle and disloyal? Bit harsh. Not many people anticipated this happening one year in, I doubt Frank did either.

It's a shame, and frustrating when you see us making progress, but I don't think it's anything to get angry about, especially not towards Lampard. I think we'll be fine regardless, we may even finish 5th next year!

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Ah well...

walkers.jpg

I wouldn't say it was a mega season, and I've already stated that I enjoyed the 13/14 season far, far more, but overall, it's been an enjoyable season, with a good smattering of very high highlights, and a few bits of dross thrown in.

In all honesty, IF he does go, I'd be far more concerned about Frank Lampard's managerial future than Derby County's future.  I can't help thinking this is a few years too early for him, and he may well come a cropper sooner than later.  Nice guy though, so let's hope I'm wrong!

I'll save my best wishes until it's all official.

I'm pretty sure that counts as a spoilt ballot...

I really enjoyed last season and enjoyed the increased media profile that came with having Frank as manager. The way it’s been drawn out though, with all his mates and family chipping in and giving no consideration whatsoever to us, has left a bit of a sour taste. I know he was on holiday but our preparations for next season have been put back because of it.

2 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Wassall for 3 months. Sacked Lampard back in November.

I'd rather take Wassall for the entire season. Frank wants to leave - if he ***** it up thats his problem - don't want him back here.

Archived