Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Kinder said:

I really enjoyed last season and enjoyed the increased media profile that came with having Frank as manager. The way it’s been drawn out though, with all his mates and family chipping in and giving no consideration whatsoever to us, has left a bit of a sour taste. I know he was on holiday but our preparations for next season have been put back because of it.

Don’t be surprised if Mel has something up his sleeve here, lots of different routes this could currently go. There’s been lots of comments about Frank needing experience (that Argentina report re: a technical director, plus also reports of doubts over the backroom staff), this means there’s a chance...just a chance that not all the backroom staff will be going. Also one thing I took from the Ian Wright comments last night was something like “the one thing Frank will do is what’s best for all parties involved, because he’s just that type of person”. It’s not fact, but I can’t see him going and that’s it just at the moment.

Also I can’t see Derby releasing a statement without us being somewhere down the road ourselves with all this.

Just now, Jourdan said:

Hate to say it, but in time, we’ll probably realise we’ve had more memorable bowel movements. I know I have.

I mean take out the Man Utd cup win, and they are all run-of-the-mill wins in a run-of-the-mill season for a run-of-the-mill Championship promotion contender.

Maybe it doesn’t help that my record was 5 games attended, 1 won, 1 drawn, 3 lost, but I fail to see what was so special about this season?

What made this particular season any more special than any other recent promotion challenge we have failed in?

Disagree. That game away at Norwich is possibly one of the most unusual and memorable games ever due to the circumstances, same with Leeds. I still think about going to Birmingham on boxing day and obliterating them in Mac's 2nd season, and i think West Brom Will be similar. Bristol city was all-round a brilliant day. Not as memorable as the others, granted, but I think there's many elements to this season that will be more memorable than the others. Being there at Elland Road as the whole club celebrated on the pitch. The togetherness felt on that night was incredible. Never felt anything like it

12 minutes ago, RedSox said:

So just maybe, the media that many have been vilifying, had it right all along..... Get on with it Frank and give us a few days left to prepare, eh?

There is a distinction between what is made up and what is actually based on facts  - not too difficult to distinguish  the difference. Please don't give the vile sports media a free pass.

I’m just relieved that we’ll finally be able to move on from all of this in the next couple of days. 

I don’t wish Frank any malice, we had a good season, if he’s walking away, fair play, he’s just a line in the history book of Derby County, I did foolishly think this time last year he’d get a chapter. 

The king is dead, long live the King. 

Right, who’s next? 

Anyone saying Lampard isn't ready for Chelsea need to remember that for at least one season at least he'll be fine. Transfer embargo and no expectations. He'll make good and bad decisions, and short of them falling out of the top ten he won't even be questioned.

If he'd stayed he had the pressure of either winning at Wembley or going up automatically - anything less would be a failure.

I'm not convinced by him, although I do think over time he will achieve something.

The big problem now is Mel has to somehow keep the 'feel good' factor around the club. And I half think he's had enough time to surprise us all. Fingers crossed.

3 minutes ago, RedSox said:

It's more about the timing for me.  This has dragged on far too long and has put us well and truly on the back foot as far as preparation is concerned and I just feel it could have been done with a bit more alacrity and awareness of the consequences that delaying would cause us, is all.

Agreed, it's dragged on far too long and the comments from certain people in the media, and ex-players have certainly been disrespectful, as Ian Wright pointed out yesterday. Unfortunately, as fans we're in the dark on why it's taken so long. It could be Chelsea being indecisive or waiting for Frank to return from holiday. It could be us holding out for more compensation for the backroom staff, or lining up a replacement before anything can be finalised. Essentially he could have left immediately, and we would have had to start the search there and then, and it may have taken just as long as it's taken for this to be announced.

I'm not happy with the way it played out but I think Frank staying would have been interesting and could have been prosperous but I guess we'll never know. My refrigerated crisps have gone soggy now with the tears streaming down my face. Anybody got any tips to get the crunch back?

2 minutes ago, SuperFrankieLampard said:

Anyone saying Lampard isn't ready for Chelsea need to remember that for at least one season at least he'll be fine. Transfer embargo and no expectations. He'll make good and bad decisions, and short of them falling out of the top ten he won't even be questioned.

If he'd stayed he had the pressure of either winning at Wembley or going up automatically - anything less would be a failure.

I'm not convinced by him, although I do think over time he will achieve something.

The big problem now is Mel has to somehow keep the 'feel good' factor around the club. And I half think he's had enough time to surprise us all. Fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed.PNG

4 minutes ago, SuperFrankieLampard said:

Champions league?

1 minute ago, SuperFrankieLampard said:

Chelsea fans and as a club are a fickle bunch. They turned against their greatest ever manager Mourinho, it wouldn’t be surprising if they turn against Lampard. For all the Chelsea fans who wanted Sarri out, there were many who really liked him and appreciated what he did. If they don’t start off well, the Sarri in crowd will undoubtedly say it wasn’t all bad under Sarri , the inevitable we told you so and the atmosphere could turn toxic quickly. Roberto Di Matteo was sacked after winning the champions league because Chelsea didn’t start off well the following season, even though Abramovic promised Di Matteo time to build a new team with Hazard leading it. If they don’t start off well, he won’t be afraid to sack Lampard.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Chelsea fans and as a club are a fickle bunch.

Yup, they'll talk a good game now ''we'll be patient with Lampard'' etc etc but if they aren't challenging the top 4, Lampard is getting fired. Chelsea players also have a history of going on strike to get managers out too.

Archived