Watchable telly

dog

Has anyone watched Inhuman Resources on Netflix?

It still blows my mind that Eric Cantona is a surprisingly good actor. There can't be too many people who have had 2 such diverse careers in life. Or maybe he's just the French Vinnie Jones ?

Anyway - it's a good watch, the story seems a bit far-fetched but apparently the central premise is based on a true story. There is a decent twist in the middle, and a satisfying ending. Only 6 episodes and you need to be OK with subtitles, but otherwise definitely interested to hear others thoughts on it

Pele on netflix - very good.

At the end of the 1970 w.c final match when the crowd comes on the pitch one of the Italian players doesn't seem at all arsed about losing and makes a desperate lunge through the crowd almost about to belt someone to grab hold of Pele and starts dragging his shirt of to swop.

Wondered what he did with it and appears he flogged it last year .The price indicates why he was so keen

The yellow and green shirt worn by Pele in Brazil's 1970 World Cup Final victory smashed the world record for a football shirt when it fetched £157, 750 at Christie's in London yesterday.

It easily beat the previous record of £91,750 paid for the shirt worn by Geoff Hurst when he scored a hat-trick in England's victory over West Germany in the 1966 final.

The Brazilian shirt was was bought on the telephone by an anonymous collector who declined to reveal his nationality. He beat off fierce competition from at least seven other determined bidders.

Pele's number 10 shirt was put up for sale by Italian international Roberto Rosato, who swapped shirts with the Brazilian legend after the final whistle. Pele scored the first goal in Brazi's 4-1 triumph, which was watched by 107,000 spectators at the Azteca stadium in Mexico City. The short-sleeved shirt had been given a pre-sale estimate of £30,000-£50,000.

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Been watching The Good Place recently. Really enjoying. Just started Season 3.

Hmmm. I thought it started really well and deteriorated as it went on.

Loved the premise to start but just got a bit weird.

Did like the Ted Danson cheers moment when he was stuck in the bar.

Just watched The Fall over the last few weeks.

I really don't know what to make of it.

It was watchable, but I kind of felt voyeuristic watching along, which possibly was the point?

On the one hand, it seemed to be a lesson on how women are portrayed in the wider media, yet seemed to fall into the same cliches itself at times.

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but it was an affecting drama that made me uneasy in a weird way.

5 hours ago, Rev said:

It was watchable, but I kind of felt voyeuristic watching along, which possibly was the point?

On the one hand, it seemed to be a lesson on how women are portrayed in the wider media, yet seemed to fall into the same cliches itself at times.

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but it was an affecting drama that made me uneasy in a weird way.

Yeah, I know what you mean, was uncomfortable viewing. I did think the 1st series was excellent though, 2nd pretty good but 3rd poor.

13 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

@Carl Sagan how you doing with Dark. I've finished it now and when reading about it, found out about this great website. You can put in the episode your are up too and it gives you a family tree with no spoilers. Pretty useful as I'm pretty bad at remembering characters names.

https://dark.netflix.io/en

Ah - wish I'd seen this, we bailed after episode 2 of Season 2 as we were both really struggling to keep track of who was who.

I still maintain they should have made all the characters wear name badges throughout!

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

Ah - wish I'd seen this, we bailed after episode 2 of Season 2 as we were both really struggling to keep track of who was who.

I still maintain they should have made all the characters wear name badges throughout!

Try again with this to help. If got hard when characters were young or old too.

I wish I had known beforehand too, but never like to read about series before I've finished to avoid spoilers.

21 hours ago, Rev said:

I loved that. Well, I don't think you can 'enjoy' it but i couldn't stop watching. 

On 28/02/2021 at 12:23, Sith Happens said:

Just started Riverdale,  looks promising. 

Honestly, stop after 1 season, 2 at the most. Don't waste your time after season 2, it gets absolutely horrendous and from then on is one of the worst tv shows I've watched. 

1 hour ago, Jubbs said:

Behind Her Eyes - 4/10

Thought it was pretty rubbish, but I needed to watch the rest to find out what the whole thing was about. Personally wouldn't recommend anyone waste 6 hours of their life.

I’ve watched it and, certainly not the worst series I’ve seen but not the best. Maybe a 5.