Watchable telly

dog

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

As long as there’s a some answers or clues along the way I’m good. It’s when episode after episode you’re just guessing at the what it’s all about, that’s when I give up. 

They only did that with Lost because the writers didn't know what the duck was up either. Likewise the poor actors stumble-ducking around thinking, 'jeez, 10 series in and we're still ducking lost' ?

Trust me, with Dark it's all there. Stay focussed and you'll get the payoff. 

2 hours ago, TexasRam said:

As long as there’s a some answers or clues along the way I’m good. It’s when episode after episode you’re just guessing at the what it’s all about, that’s when I give up. 

Yeah, there were loads of moments when certain things clicked into place and were awesome.

Did you check out Netflix's Dark website I posted the other week. Really good for keeping track of the characters with a family tree that updates to whichever episode you choose.

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Still not got over that programme. About 6 years and then nothing at the end.  What was the reason for Mr Echo and the women with lottery numbers in the psychiatric unit.  ????

Did anyone else think they copied that underground place from Monkey Island 2?

8 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Yeah, there were loads of moments when certain things clicked into place and were awesome.

Did you check out Netflix's Dark website I posted the other week. Really good for keeping track of the characters with a family tree that updates to whichever episode you choose.

I’ll have a look thank you ??

59 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I’ll have a look thank you ??

I sometimes use Wikipedia when I am scratching my head on programmes - not watched Dark yet by the way. Most series have quite good episode synopses which I might read after watching just to make sure I am keeping up with most things. I have found that there is little risk of ‘spoilers’ in doing so, e.g. seeing information being given about future episodes when you might be early into the adventure.

The Terror. 

'typical' British period melodrama about the sea, frozen ice pack, spirits, whippings, arguing about food...with a touch of horror. 

I'm probably fairly predisposed to liking it...but finding it a bit hard going. Not terrible but almost finding myself 'just getting through' it. 

6 hours ago, Chester40 said:

The Terror. 

'typical' British period melodrama about the sea, frozen ice pack, spirits, whippings, arguing about food...with a touch of horror. 

I'm probably fairly predisposed to liking it...but finding it a bit hard going. Not terrible but almost finding myself 'just getting through' it. 

Stick with it. It’s a rollercoaster ride but hold on and enjoy.

6 minutes ago, TimRam said:

I am a fan of Peter James and read many of the Roy Grace series of books. The adaptation of 'Dead Simple' was excellent. Looking forward to the next.

Please folks - tell us what streaming service you can find it on when you make recommendations. Looked for Dead Simple on the main platforms but don't see it! 

10 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Please folks - tell us what streaming service you can find it on when you make recommendations. Looked for Dead Simple on the main platforms but don't see it! 

He's right.

Grace on ITV

Not .... Dead Simple that's the Episode name

If you like Morse, Endeavour, Vera etc.. it's worth a look. If that's not your thing, then probably not.

Edited by RAMblingONagain

On 10/03/2021 at 20:04, 86 Hair Islands said:

They only did that with Lost because the writers didn't know what the duck was up either. Likewise the poor actors stumble-ducking around thinking, 'jeez, 10 series in and we're still ducking lost' ?

Trust me, with Dark it's all there. Stay focussed and you'll get the payoff. 

Beginning of series three now, don't spoil it for me. It can get a little bit "there is no spoon" at times but it feels like it's all coming to a conclusion - I will schreibe einen streng formulierten Brief an meinen Abgeordneten if it doesn't.

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

....but it feels like it's all coming to a conclusion - 

3 series in ......W Walkaway. Save yourself.

Sorry. I'll get my coat

Just realised you were on about Dark.  Not Lost ?. I'm still traumatised.....

So much other good stuff Counterpart, Queens Gambit, Godless, For All Mankind

Lost was the one that broke me...took me years to get over all that wasted time sat in front of the tele box. ?

Edited by RAMblingONagain

On 09/03/2021 at 05:22, ketteringram said:

Loved 83, hated 86, not sure whether or not to try 89!

On 09/03/2021 at 11:21, Stive Pesley said:

86 was nowhere near as good as 83 - watched the first 89 last night, and the jury is still out..

The rewatch of 86 was still a bit of a slog, the second half of the season is much better than I remember though. A few eps into 89 now and really enjoying it. 

On 16/03/2021 at 17:19, RAMblingONagain said:

Lost was the one that broke me...took me years to get over all that wasted time sat in front of the tele box. ?

Same here. It's why I don't normally now start watching any series until it's finished