Watchable telly

dog

Not something I'd normally watch (Anime) but I've really enjoyed Demon Slayer on Netflix.

Pretty standard basic premise tbh, boy returns home to find his family slaughtered by a Demon, his sister's alive but turns half-demon, boy swears vengeance,  trains to become a demon slayer himself never leaving his sister's side.

As I said pretty standard but it's got some great animation, good fight scenes, decent sense of humour, interesting opponents and sympathetic characters. 

26x 20 minute episodes in S1 keep it moving briskly and make it an easy binge

Edited by Coconut

Finished Homeland last week. Maybe the best and most satisfying ending of any long running series. That or Six Feet Under.

Anyone who gave up around series 2 or 3, you've missed a brilliant series. Series 4 onwards was almost a different show. It's rare a series keeps on getting better the longer it goes on, but this did.

My only issue was I kept forgetting what the Russian spy had done previously in Homeland vs what the same character had done as a Russian spy in The Americans. He was great in both similar roles though!

20 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Finished Homeland last week. Maybe the best and most satisfying ending of any long running series. That or Six Feet Under.

Anyone who gave up around series 2 or 3, you've missed a brilliant series. Series 4 onwards was almost a different show. It's rare a series keeps on getting better the longer it goes on, but this did.

My only issue was I kept forgetting what the Russian spy had done previously in Homeland vs what the same character had done as a Russian spy in The Americans. He was great in both similar roles though!

Netflix?

1 hour ago, Jubbs said:

It's incredible, the movie following on is good too. Same as me, I'm not really an anime person, but this was brilliant. The animation during the fight scenes is amazing.

I'm now a few episodes into Dorohedoro, which is also excellent...  and very weird. It's another somewhat gory one.

Some bloke's had a curse put on him giving him a lizard head and no memory of his former self (I mean I can't even tell you the number of times that's happened to me) so naturally he's on a quest to find out who did this to him.

Set in 'the hole', a deprived area where scorcerers openly experiment on the citizens, and the more opulent (but also very strange, lots of mushrooms) world of the scorcerers themselves.

Good / fitting music too..

Anybody watched Surviving Death on Netflix? A lot that is a bit dubious to say the least, but the last episode on Reincarnation? Oh my word, heard enough in that one to be totally convinced.

When I was little, I was taken to an Iron Age hillfort in Wales. Walking around I very calmly, confidently and clearly explained to my parents where I lived, which houses were which and what happened in each one. After researching it later, it seems I was pretty accurate and couldn't have known beforehand.

Anyone had any episodes like that?

13 hours ago, Coconut said:

Some bloke's had a curse put on him giving him a lizard head and no memory of his former self (I mean I can't even tell you the number of times that's happened to me) so naturally he's on a quest to find out who did this to him.

Newts are like lizards, and obviously you got better. Therefore...

WITCH!!!

On 17/03/2021 at 22:33, ThePrisoner said:

The rewatch of 86 was still a bit of a slog, the second half of the season is much better than I remember though. A few eps into 89 now and really enjoying it. 

Finished Deutschland 89 last night - without spoilers for anyone, I thought the ending was very well done and packed a real emotional punch. Really enjoyed this last series much more than 86

On 22/03/2021 at 23:32, Eddie said:

Newts are like lizards, and obviously you got better. Therefore...

WITCH!!!

If only.

Imagine if I could just pour any old poo into a big cauldron, stir it up a bit for a couple of hours and make 70L / 123 pints any 'potion' I desired.

I think you know the sort of potion I'm talking about.

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

If only.

Imagine if I could just pour any old poo into a big cauldron, stir it up a bit for a couple of hours and make 70L / 123 pints any 'potion' I desired.

I think you know the sort of potion I'm talking about.

Some of the Maris Otter malt I've used in the past has been decidedly poo (mind you, it was only £15 a sack), but a few pounds of candi sugar in the boil tends to help matters along nicely, especially if you are using Wyeast strain 1388.

On 21/03/2021 at 22:21, ariotofmyown said:

I gave up series 2 and I don't think I could pick it back up. Was ages ago ?

Surprised we're not all talking about the latest series of Line of Duty. 

Record viewing figures suggest a large proportion of us must be watching it. 

General reaction has been a bit meh for the first two episodes. 

I'm hanging in there having watched them all from the first series many years ago. 

58 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Surprised we're not all talking about the latest series of Line of Duty. 

Record viewing figures suggest a large proportion of us must be watching it. 

General reaction has been a bit meh for the first two episodes. 

I'm hanging in there having watched them all from the first series many years ago. 

We're waiting until it finishes, then we will binge-weatch it.