Watchable telly

dog

The Investigation - thanks to those who suggested it.

Intriguing, slow burn drama. Lead detective is so frustrating in how subdued everything he says/does, but it is engrossing at the same time. Different perspective to most shows where its all about the cop /lawyer v genius murderer. All  about good old-fashioned, very mundane detective work. Always adds a bit when its based on a true story. A solid watch. 

If you liked it - as I have suggested before - 'Murder on Middle Beach' may be for you.. whilst its a  documentary it does have a similar way of looking at murder. 

Edited by Chester40

4 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

The Investigation - thanks to those who suggested it.

Intriguing, slow burn drama. Lead detective is so frustrating in how subdued everything is, that he says/does but it is engrossing at the same time. Different perspective to most shows where its all about the cop /lawyer v genius murderer. All  about good old-fashioned, very mundane detective work. Always adds a bit when its based on a true story. A solid watch. 

If you liked it - as I have suggested before - 'Murder on Middle Beach' may be for you.. whilst its a  documentary it does have a similar way of looking at murder. 

Think I'm correct in saying you don't actually see the murderer in any of the episodes which is unusual.

We're currently up to season 6 of 'Criminal Minds' on Prime. Some of the episodes are excellent, some rather tedious and predictable. Only 9 and a half series to go - that's around 200 more episodes. Should see us through to mid-March, I reckon.

Meanwhile, I'm also watching the last half a series of 'Vikings'. It went downhill.

8 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Only if it's free range and has had chance to enjoy its square metre with twelve pals for at least eight weeks. 

You don't want to be choking anything that's been cooped up in unsanitary conditions. 

Fine after it has been chlorinated. 

10 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Think I'm correct in saying you don't actually see the murderer in any of the episodes which is unusual.

Yes that is true. Interestingly he (Peter Madsen) escaped  last year using a replica gun he made in prison. Fortunately he was captured shortly afterwards - Maybe there will be a sequel!

On 23/01/2021 at 09:23, r4derby said:

It’s been both a slow burner and also delightful. I thought it would get its ideas across quicker and feature more action, but instead it’s happy to just let us watch the couple have fun in different sit com settings.

You’re right, but some of my initial guesses are still looking correct. Not too many Marvel twists yet (being the key word). You enjoying it?

Well ep#4 started to clear the mists a bit.  Pretty much as I called it so far, but no doubt there will be a twist that proves me completely wrong lol.

For anyone else interested in watching Wandvision, I would highly recommend watching the first 4 episodes in one sitting - it will save you a lot of head scratching and a lasting WTF expression on your face.

On 17/01/2021 at 12:32, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I'd say the same for Detectorists. Definitely worth a watch, even though the premise (two middle-aged men walking around fields with metal detectors) sounds terrible.

Detectorists is fabulous. I really didn't want to say goodbye to them.

'It's the Holy Grail of metal detecting.'

'No, the Holy Grail is the Holy Grail of metal detecting.'

On 29/01/2021 at 21:29, maxjam said:

Well ep#4 started to clear the mists a bit.  Pretty much as I called it so far, but no doubt there will be a twist that proves me completely wrong lol.

For anyone else interested in watching Wandvision, I would highly recommend watching the first 4 episodes in one sitting - it will save you a lot of head scratching and a lasting WTF expression on your face.

Just watched it. I’m the same, so far my theories have proved correct. I’m waiting for the next twist though.