Watchable telly

dog

3 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I think t he film and the first season with Billy Bob Thornton in it.

@Rev I think you and @i-Ram make fair points, although I'd not go as far as to say the acting is wooden.

I think I'd be more critical if I wasn't so wanting to love it and am so invested in it.

It's a bit like Line of Duty which dipped as they dragged it out too long.

I'm still enjoying it, but I don't think it would have harmed to have ended it after the 4th season.

Finished The Tourist.

Started off watchable and quite different (in a Fargo quirky way).

Lost its a way a bit and found the last 2 episodes a bit of a chore really after a strong start.

2 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Finished The Tourist.

Lost its a way a bit and found the last 2 episodes a bit of a chore really after a strong start.

Most Tourist attractions are like that. Pleasing initially, but after a short while you think it’s not all that, I’ve had enough, but I’ve paid my money so I will hang around until they kick me out.

Edited by i-Ram

12 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Finished The Tourist.

Only redeeming feature is Luci. Hubba, hubba ?

Yellowstone - started brilliant and just got better and better. Watched a couple of episodes of S04 last night. Got to do a few hours work today but planning to watch another chunk tonight. Self-isolation does hove its benefits after all.

2 hours ago, NottsRam said:

Just watched season 4 with my lad as he's a big fan.  Easy watching if you don't take it too seriously, passes a few hours.

Think this was the least enjoyable series. Still good fun but moving more towards soap opera style storylines with less of the humour and snappy pace.

The Queen's Gambit - Netflix

Synopsis - Set during the Cold War era, orphaned chess prodigy Beth Harmon struggles with addiction in a quest to become the greatest chess player in the world.  Brilliantly played by Anya Taylor-Joy with a great supporting cast.  A burner but a great watch.  Thoroughly enjoyed    9/10

3 hours ago, BucksRam said:

The Queen's Gambit - Netflix

Synopsis - Set during the Cold War era, orphaned chess prodigy Beth Harmon struggles with addiction in a quest to become the greatest chess player in the world.  Brilliantly played by Anya Taylor-Joy with a great supporting cast.  A burner but a great watch.  Thoroughly enjoyed    9/10

Wow. Late to the party Bucks! This must’ve been 50pages back ?

The White Lotus on Sky on Demand.

I'd call it a black comedy, following the lives of guests and staff of an elite Hawaiian hotel over the course of a week:  The ridiculous behaviour of the rich, and the nonsense the staff have to put up with.

Very funny, but also a great social commentary on the inequality in our society.

The lead actor - Murray Bartlett - is someone I had never seen before. He is outstanding.

Well worth a watch.

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

The White Lotus on Sky on Demand.

I'd call it a black comedy, following the lives of guests and staff of an elite Hawaiian hotel over the course of a week:  The ridiculous behaviour of the rich, and the nonsense the staff have to put up with.

Very funny, but also a great social commentary on the inequality in our society.

The lead actor - Murray Bartlett - is someone I had never seen before. He is outstanding.

Well worth a watch.

Does it get better? I watched the first episode and was bored to tears and barely smirked never mind laughed, but I know it has had some good reviews so I'm wondering if it was just a slow start as is often the case these days.

20 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Does it get better? I watched the first episode and was bored to tears and barely smirked never mind laughed, but I know it has had some good reviews so I'm wondering if it was just a slow start as is often the case these days.

I’d urge you to stick with it. I found it very entertaining.

5 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Oh yes. Ep 2 is better and Ep 3 is where it really kicks in.

Views on Lost in Space (Netflix)?.

Watched the first episode last night & thought it was OK, apart from I can see certain characters being annoying - but then they were in the previous versions as well.

Just checking it's worth watching.

2 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Watched the first episode last night & thought it was OK, apart from I can see certain characters being annoying - but then they were in the previous versions as well.

Ok in parts but the "Lost in Space" bit does literally get lost in the script. Too many characters as well.

2 hours ago, Wolfie said:

I watched it to the point where most of the characters were annoying and then gave up. A few decent bits along the way, but a missed opportunity by trying to turn it into some form of space soap opera....

When you find that viewers are hoping that the robot kills all of the cast it suggests that the programme makers pitched it wrong....

4 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Oh, the pain

/old school