Watchable telly

dog

8 hours ago, sage said:

It was supposed to be announced in the trailer. All I have read is early 2022 and they are still filming. A little contradictory. 

This from the Radio Times website:

Filming for Peaky Blinders season six was officially wrapped as of June 2021, and cutting on the final episode finished in mid-November 2021.

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/drama/peaky-blinders-season-six-release-date/

31 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Started watching The Tourist last night. An interesting if slightly slow start. Anybody seen it yet?

Just last night's episode. Will probably watch the next one tonight. I think they're all available, but I don't really do the binge thing. Will just watch them as they're broadcast. Unless I give up after tonight's episode!

32 minutes ago, NottsRam said:

I'm kinda like a kid not wanting to unwrap his last present.  I'm gonna miss Gomorrah when its gone!

23 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I know what you mean, that's why we still have two left!

I have no clue why, but we're saving them. Utterly ludicrous when you think about it.

9 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Haha, I kept the last one back for a while. I still have it on my planner and have seen the last episode twice.

Went through the lot within 36 hours of release. Still in mourning now.

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Went through the lot within 36 hours of release. Still in mourning now.

Just finished Ted Lasso within a similar timeframe, in hindsight wish I'd held it back until Gomorrah was done.

Lasso is like drinking a smooth hot chocolate on a crisp winters day, sat outside with the firepit burning away, wrapped in a massive fluffy blanket, while being cuddled by Jake Buxton!

Gomorrah is like wading through sewers breaking up fatbergs, cursing every poor decision that's led you to this moment yet being unable to change the path you are on. 

I'm going to need a massive hug when Gomorrah is done, so I've saved Paddington 2 to salve me.

17 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I wonder how many of you have/will rewatch the last 30 seconds of Gomorrah as many times as I did.

Can't wait, just watched Episode 2, Series 5.

Tbf, I've struggled to check out of a holiday Inn express quicker than Ciro checked out of the Gulag!

On 02/01/2022 at 22:57, Rev said:

Can't wait, just watched Episode 2, Series 5.

Tbf, I've struggled to check out of a holiday Inn express quicker than Ciro checked out of the Gulag!

Watched episodes 3 and 4 tonight. Having watched all 4 previous series I was looking forward to Gomorrah 5, but the dialogue and acting is so wooden, and one dimensional. Spencer Prior / 10

Edited by i-Ram
Checked the spelling of our wooden no. 5

18 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Watched episodes 3 and 4 tonight. Having watched all 4 previous series I was looking forward to Gomorrah 5, but the dialogue and acting is so wooden, and one dimensional. Spencer Prior / 10

I've just re-watched ep 2, to allow Luke to catch up. 

I won't comment on the acting and dialogue, but on second viewing realism and grittiness seems to have taken a back seat to a narrative arc.

How lucky can one man be, ffs.

Too invested now to be too picky, and the previous series have been so good that I'll carry on to the end, but I see where you're coming from.

Hopefully the later episodes will offer redemption?

10 hours ago, Chester40 said:

I almost posted that yesterday!!!

Not the series, more the film. Its exactly the same feel and style yep.

I think t he film and the first season with Billy Bob Thornton in it.

@Rev I think you and @i-Ram make fair points, although I'd not go as far as to say the acting is wooden.

I think I'd be more critical if I wasn't so wanting to love it and am so invested in it.

It's a bit like Line of Duty which dipped as they dragged it out too long.

I'm still enjoying it, but I don't think it would have harmed to have ended it after the 4th season.