Watchable telly

dog

21 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Fella had a pretty remarkable imagination! Doubtless you already know this, but just in case, there's a good few Sci-Fi classics derived from his novels and short stories. Check out Total Recall (1990), Blade Runner (1982) and Minority Report (2002) if you've not already seen them.

Did you see Man in the High castle? 

21 minutes ago, angieram said:

We are just starting series 4. Have watched from series 1 since Christmas. Don't talk about the new series till we've caught up! 

All good.  Apart from the one with the Russians which lost me somewhat.  Series 5 is a bit convoluted as well.   Break concentration and you'll miss something.

12 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Trigger Point. Meh. Watch it only if you enjoy wire cutting.

Somehow managed to get through 6 episodes of this absolute garbage.

The ending was even stupider than I thought it could be.

I remember now why I haven't watched ITV for 15 years.

Watched that "This'll Hurt You" or whatever it was called on Iplayer. The one with the guy who played Q in the recent Bond's... Pretty good dark comedy. From my time in the NHS, each of the characters were all too recognisable.

10 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Bad Sport on Netflix.  Episode 3 about Juventus influencing the referees panel. There sporting director locking the ref in a room after he ruled out a goal has a familiar ring. Peter Taylor anyone.  Cheating bamfords still at it 30 years later.

Enjoyed that. The Hansie Cronje one was also well done for the Cricket fans out there.

Edited by JoetheRam

2 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

I remember now why I haven't watched ITV for 15 years.

They have totally failed to move on in the binge-watching era. Still producing shows to cater for the audience they had 10+ years ago.

Binge watching allows writers to deliver much more complex story telling and sophisticated plot lines.  The Beeb have caught on, but ITV really haven't. 

56 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

It’s just all a bit too silly and lacks the wit of the original series.

I think it’s just outstayed its welcome.

I'll watch it, but I'm not especially looking forward to it. You're right - the first series was fantastic, witty, fresh and intriguing. It's got steadily worse since then - which is often the way when a TV show starts to become aware of it's own appeal and tries to write to order