Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

5 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Then recording it on an app and sharing it on social media like anybody cares they went on a 4 mile bike ride.

I'm sure there are some that are interested, even if it's only friends/family of the "sharer"?

I'd imagine there are millions of folk out there (Hey... It's their loss!) who are not interested in what a bunch of DCFC fans had for tea, or whether we'd accept free streaming of games in lieu of attending them, due to CV19, or how much we think CM19 earns each week, and yet here we all are, sharing our thoughts, opinions, and recipes on social media!  ?

#eachtotheirown

16 hours ago, RamNut said:

Cars pulling out on cyclists 

I’ve had it a couple of times when going downhill at 30 mph. Once a woman overtook me then slammed her fookin brakes on - the dozy cow - because she was immediately turning off.

Today coming out of Horsley downhill toward the golf course, the bike picks up speed and is doing 28-30mph. I always dread sone pillock pulling out from the coxbench turn. Sure enough, car pulls out. Then because the first car has done it, a second fooker  pulls out, and then - unbelievably a third fookin van.(JPS plumbing you twit). Then they all slam their breaks on because there is another cyclist ahead. 

Give me strength.

Maybe they looked but do not realise some cyclists go that fast.

14 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Nowt wrong with the static ones

Only problem is they cover vast swathes of prime attractive countryside with square boxes and bring very little money into the local economy. I have relatives with a box in Devon and its very nice in itself, but I remember the woodland that was there before the 500 vans ruined the area.

23 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Caravans: Anywhere, any size, any colour, static moving. I hate them. 

You'll love this then.

This caravan arrived on a low-loader last weekend up the narrow, dead-end road where my neice lives and was deposited in the back "garden" of a neighbour. 

Still there over a week later. 

FB_IMG_1590914205869.jpg

FB_IMG_1590914220091.jpg

FB_IMG_1590914166319.jpg

FB_IMG_1590914174276.jpg

@angieram I would suggest your niece asks the police to get involved if that is as it seems blocking a public highway ( Highways Act 1980 ) 

Make a play in particular that emergency service vehicles like ambulances and fire engines need access at all times.

Just now, i-Ram said:

@angieram I would suggest your niece asks the police to get involved if that is as it seems blocking a public highway ( Highways Act 1980 ) 

Make a play in particular that emergency service vehicles like ambulances and fire engines need access at all times.

They were called last Sunday. They 'had a word' and were reassured by the owner it wouldn't be there for long.

I think the neighbours are just a bit bemused and because they aren't in a hurry to go anywhere because of lockdown are just watching it as a source of entertainment! So are all their Facebook followers.

I thought @FindernRam would appreciate it! 

Bet the neighbours love that! Surprised its not been vandalised!

My sister tells me hers is only 6 years old and immaculate but site rules are that after 9 years it has to go off site, so there is a huge trade in used vans and why so many are being dragged up and down the country.

2 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Only problem is they cover vast swathes of prime attractive countryside with square boxes and bring very little money into the local economy. I have relatives with a box in Devon and its very nice in itself, but I remember the woodland that was there before the 500 vans ruined the area.

Depends where they are I guess. The ones we go to, usually in France, don’t normally cover large areas. As I say, we avoid the large sites.

Also, I’m not sure about your comment about bringing very little money into the local economy. I bet there are many places that are really suffering whilst local sites are closed. Not just the site owners but also the local shops and tourist attractions. Unfortunately, the whole countryside isn’t what it used to be, not just because of caravan sites. Sounds a bit like you have a bitter personal experience which is fair enough.

3 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

People who have hold-luggage but board planes late. Selfish bankers.

People who bring massive bags on as hand luggage and fill up the overhead lockers.

why bother having a limit if it’s ignored

Dog owners, who for some inexplicable reason, assume everyone would like to fuss over their dogs!

Just met up with big sis in her local park.  sat in our camping chairs.  Thermos cuppa each.  3 of us in total (2 of us from one household).
First time we've seen her since early March.  Was wonderful. (She's mid 60's and lives alone). 
All grass.  Very quiet, so very spacious, under the circumstances.  Nobody came within 20m of us (and we didn't cause anyone to divert in any way.  We saw 7 other people in 90 mins.  Dad and young son over the other side.  Bit of a kick about etc.  The other 5 were just strolling through.  3 of them were walking dogs.  Of those 3, 2 of them allowed their dogs (2 owners... 3 dogs) to approach us, and begin to sniff around etc.  Chairs/ankles/bags/shoes/thermos cups.  You name it, the dogs wanted to explore.

Neither owner made any attempt whatsoever, to curtail their dog's approach by calling them back, and literally had to be told to do so, before they reacted in any way!  (By Muckerette... I'm too much of a coward, and just tried shooing the dogs away directly... unsuccessfully, I hasten to add)

My sister isn't at all keen on dogs.  Muckerette is generally scared of them, or at the very least, doesn't trust them.  I can take 'em or leave 'em, and am more than comfortable around dogs... in the right setting!  But I certainly don't want 'em licking my friggin mug of coffee!

Whether dogs could be virus carriers or whether that is unproven/old wives tale, I care not one jot. 
Whether each particular dog is vicious or "just wants to play", I care even less!

Keep the Bamfords away.  If they cannot be trusted, then leash the duckers!  At the very least, for the better trained and more well behaved dogs... as all three of these seemed to be, if truth be told... try calling them back yourself, before they reach us, and before we feel the need to tell you to control your dogs!

I fully appreciate that most dogs like a fuss.  Who doesn't!
I fully appreciate that some people approach others' dogs, against the owners wishes.  I know this works both ways.
So... we won't approach your dog unless invited to do so (No thanks!), and you don't allow yours to approach us, unless we invite you to (Fat chance!).

?

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Sounds a bit like you have a bitter personal experience which is fair enough.

Somewhere recently in another thread I explain my pathological hatred of caravans on the road. 

Static dislike is just an old man remembering his childhood playgrounds now lost forever. The economy is interesting, and I'm talking Devon here, Water rates for locals are sky high due to the massive useage by tourists. They have hosepipe bans frequently but tourists are oblivious. Studies by tourism board showed caravan users, mobile and static, tend to bring their own food and drink, eat out fairly infrequently, and spend relatively little. Just clog up the roads and leave litter everywhere. There is a movement in the councils to limit future expansion in that sector. 

6 hours ago, i-Ram said:

5 hours ago, angieram said:

They were called last Sunday. They 'had a word' and were reassured by the owner it wouldn't be there for long.

I think the neighbours are just a bit bemused and because they aren't in a hurry to go anywhere because of lockdown are just watching it as a source of entertainment! So are all their Facebook followers.

I thought @FindernRam would appreciate it! 

If my experience with things blocking pavements is anything to go by the police will fob it of as a council matter .  They fob it of as a police matter.  Even had the police round at one point as I got that pissed off getting no follow up action I  complained . They still did nothing . Waste of time .