Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The utter pleb who overtook a car on the opposite side of the carriageway at about 65mph, going into a hatched area, which caused one of the many loose stones to fly up and hit my windscreen.  Left a chip double the size of a £2 coin plus a crack that is now about 8 inches long.

Had the car just over a month and now needs a new windscreen.

Wish I got his number plate, I'd be sending him the £95 excess. Shouldn't be too hard to find though - West Midlands Ambulance Service Headquarters...

14 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

The utter pleb who overtook a car on the opposite side of the carriageway at about 65mph, going into a hatched area, which caused one of the many loose stones to fly up and hit my windscreen.  Left a chip double the size of a £2 coin plus a crack that is now about 8 inches long.

Had the car just over a month and now needs a new windscreen.

Wish I got his number plate, I'd be sending him the £95 excess. Shouldn't be too hard to find though - West Midlands Ambulance Service Headquarters...

Entering a hatched area isn’t illegal... How do you know the Ambulance wasn’t in an emergency situation?

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/03/2020 at 18:11, JoetheRam said:

The cost to call the ticket office at Pride Park - got charged a tenner to book tickets for the Millwall game that never happened.

Wouldn't mind so much if it just put you through but you have about 3 minutes of them going through the options before you get through. 

It's honestly disgraceful.

You can cut the cost slightly though if you press 1 (I think) for tickets as soon as you get through to the automated message. Obviously the cheapest way is the website, but sometimes calling them is unavoidable.

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

It's honestly disgraceful.

You can cut the cost slightly though if you press 1 (I think) for tickets as soon as you get through to the automated message. Obviously the cheapest way is the website, but sometimes calling them is unavoidable.

Good tip - the voice recording thing had changed since I last rang so thought I'd listen just to be sure. Always pressing 1 immediately from now on! 

Call time wasn't helped on this occasion by the guy needing every little piece of information about me and the 5 other people who I was buying for. I was like I don't know my mate Bob's postcode.

• 2 weeks later...

Not so much “random” as conceived, but I’m becoming increasingly outraged by the sheer amount of bad-taste PR-stunt “support” for the NHS! 

the concept that PR and Marketing teams are plotting how to exploit the good-feeling for NHS and key workers actually sickens me. 

i do however love the NHS and my personal and political views for a long time have been influenced by my love and admiration for the NHS. 

On 29/04/2020 at 14:13, Mostyn6 said:

People who stand in between you and what you want in supermarkets for ages scratching their arses whilst struggling to decide which cheese to buy. 

Cathedral City

now move! 

i have a trick against that kind of annoyance, i wear a mask, a hat reaching down to my eyes and sunglasses.  Works every time, they always figure i am infected.  A fellow was standing in the middle of the aisle talking to his Mrs on the phone about what exact brand he was supposed to buy of some product or another.  i stood silently about ten feet away staring at him.  He must have felt it, for he suddenly looked up and then almost fell back on his arse from fright and literally fled out of the other side of the aisle.

On 29/04/2020 at 15:13, Mostyn6 said:

People who stand in between you and what you want in supermarkets for ages scratching their arses whilst struggling to decide which cheese to buy. 

Cathedral City

now move! 

I love the especially helpful ones who do so with their trolley sideways across the aisle. 

I see now why the Americans like to carry guns. 

Perhaps supermarkets should operate like Yo Sushi. The customers can sit two metres apart and grab the shopping they want as it goes by. 

14 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

People yelling "I'm vulnerable person, stay back" in the supermarket whilst we've been in lockdown. Surely if you're vulnerable you would have the common sense not to be shopping in a people dense environment?

Or go to the Oldies shopping hour like I do. Sainsburys' at Ossie road has a good system and fairly wide aisles.