Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

54 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Somewhere recently in another thread I explain my pathological hatred of caravans on the road. 

Static dislike is just an old man remembering his childhood playgrounds now lost forever. The economy is interesting, and I'm talking Devon here, Water rates for locals are sky high due to the massive useage by tourists. They have hosepipe bans frequently but tourists are oblivious. Studies by tourism board showed caravan users, mobile and static, tend to bring their own food and drink, eat out fairly infrequently, and spend relatively little. Just clog up the roads and leave litter everywhere. There is a movement in the councils to limit future expansion in that sector. 

I’m sure Devon would be even more idyllic and an even greater place to live than it is now if it wasn’t for the annual invasion but, I suspect there are many that rely on the tourist industry. A necessary evil for a lot of people I would think.

Not random but he sure as hell annoys me... DONALD TRUMP.

Such a self centered idiot. Firstly dismisses coronavirus as nothing and claims it's not a big deal (100,000 dead people in his country would argue otherwise) 

Then theres his willingness to take on a social media platform that doesn't like something he says and now ive just read hes declaring antifa a terrorist organisation... 

Maybe if your country wasnt ran by a complete idiot as yourself there wouldn't be a need for groups like antifa in the first place! 

On a positive note it was good to see Sancho and another guy who's name i cant remember make a stand in Germany.

Not to mention him withdrawing the usa out of the world health organisation, surely now more than ever we need to work together.

So in summary, I hate Donald Trump and he's an idiot ?

12 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

If my experience with things blocking pavements is anything to go by the police will fob it of as a council matter .  They fob it of as a police matter.  Even had the police round at one point as I got that pissed off getting no follow up action I  complained . They still did nothing . Waste of time .

Similar. Our neighbour took to parking on the pavement and driving along the pavement. When she crashed into my car I tried to get the Police to do something. They were useless.

turned out that the neighbour was a policewoman. 
she also refused to pay for the damage.

Edited by RamNut

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Similar. Our neighbour took to parking on the pavement and driving along the pavement. When she crashed into my car I tried to get the Police to do something. They were useless.

turned out that the neighbour was a policewoman. 
she also refused to pay for the damage.

Hammer.  Dark night.  Very very fast.

Don't quote me on it.

21 hours ago, angieram said:

You'll love this then.

This caravan arrived on a low-loader last weekend up the narrow, dead-end road where my neice lives and was deposited in the back "garden" of a neighbour. 

Still there over a week later. 

FB_IMG_1590914205869.jpg

FB_IMG_1590914220091.jpg

FB_IMG_1590914166319.jpg

FB_IMG_1590914174276.jpg

Not in keeping with the street as every house seems to be on 2 levels. I wonder if you can stack them up so it does not look so out of place.

33 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Why don’t the throw a rope of the roof dorma and stand it end up against the back of the house?

Personally, I'd have positioned it on the road, parallel to the kerb.... and a good 30 yards or so down the road.
Thus leaving pavements unobstructed, and retaining clear access to my yard/drive.  Everybody's happy!   

The Highways Department have now intervened so all is ok? 

I think the graffiti is telling. There's also an inscription on one of the windows telling people to keep clear as he has covid-19.

@EtoileSportiveDeDerby the villas themselves are lovely - although terraces and with next to no gardens most have  4 stories with dorma windows and a cellar. It might be fair to say the neighbourhood is not what it once was, though! 

FB_IMG_1590996807091.jpg

18 minutes ago, angieram said:

The Highways Department have now intervened so all is ok? 

I think the graffiti is telling. There's also an inscription on one of the windows telling people to keep clear as he has covid-19.

@EtoileSportiveDeDerby the villas themselves are lovely - although terraces and with next to no gardens most have  4 stories with dorma windows and a cellar. It might be fair to say the neighbourhood is not what it once was, though! 

FB_IMG_1590996807091.jpg

Lovely houses indeed, I just can't believe someone would even think to try to put one of these on a such a small space in an urban area. 

5 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Hmm, looks familiar.

bywater2_1722155c.jpg.8c34ac7c4d42cb2671a597b35ccd22f8.jpg

You beat me to it. I was going to suggest it must be Stephen Bywater’s house. 

8 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Lovely houses indeed, I just can't believe someone would even think to try to put one of these on a such a small space in an urban area. 

He got his measurements mixed up. He though he was ordering a 10ft one, but got a 10m one instead. 

Bees. 

Stupid little buggers, no wonder they're dying out.

I've have one trapped in the kitchen for the last 2 hours, I've opened both window and door, and the thick as mince stripey one has spurned every opportunity of escape.

He even flew straight into the door frame, rebounded onto the open window and seemingly out, until I snapped it shut and in he buzzed.

I'll give it 5 minutes, then he gets the chugger treatment, honey or no honey.

An update on the neighbourhood caravan. Removal was arranged by the local council today, six council officials, three police and two PCSOs.

They've nothing better to do in a pandemic. 

Apparently the owner of caravan had told them he was going to saw the van in half but as it didn't happen they decided to tow it away.

What these photos don't show is that this is the fourth trailer to arrive as the other three were all too small. 

FB_IMG_1591440124952.jpg

FB_IMG_1591446550930.jpg

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, angieram said:

An update on the neighbourhood caravan. Removal was arranged by the local council today, six council officials, three police and two PCSOs.

They've nothing better to do in a pandemic. 

Apparently the owner of caravan had told them he was going to saw the van in half but as it didn't happen they decided to tow it away.

What these photos don't show is that this is the fourth trailer to arrive as the other three were all too small. 

FB_IMG_1591440124952.jpg

FB_IMG_1591446550930.jpg

perhaps they were all anti static 

Putting out food rubbish in plastic bags and wondering why it’s spread all over the street the next day or rubbish which is loose on top of the bag on windy days.

Our street looks a right state around bin day.

I know what I’d like to do.

image.jpeg

3 hours ago, Broderick said:

People who eat pizza with a fork.

I much prefer to eat mine with a knife and fork when in a restaurant/pizzeria, when it is usually very thin and floppy (and in my case, usually top-heavy, laden with various meats).

And yet, when it arrives at my door in a box (usually much thicker by design), I wouldn't dream of heading to the cutlery draw.

As I do not give a to55 what others think in my presence, I'm certain it's not merely "for appearances sake", so I can therefore offer no logical explanation for such a foible!  ?