Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

2 hours ago, TimRam said:

I had a couple of jokers try and do their sales pitch for home security in my own home. One even started taking his shoes off! I said a firm 'no' and sent them on their way. Someone elderly or less forceful might have difficulty getting rid. Not had a cold caller for a few years now though.

I'm surprised you let them through the door.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I'm surprised you let them through the door.

Sorry wrong wording...they were just stood in open porchway and very insistant they both come in. I did not let them.

Edited by TimRam

Sith Happens

Delivery Drivers, Post Men and Women etc etc who don't understand the concept of pathways or drives and walk across your front lawn.

10 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Delivery Drivers, Post Men and Women etc etc who don't understand the concept of pathways or drives and walk across your front lawn.

www.derby_land_mines.co.uk

Bit extreme, but as long as you put up a sign, it's their own fault if they lose a limb.

On 04/07/2020 at 10:11, Paul71 said:

That also rap on your window rather than knock on your door like a normal person.

Their forward, not there forward

Too warm, not to warm

Would have, not would of

If English is your first language, it is inexcusable not to get those simple examples right.

Like it or not, you will be judged by the language you use.  You may be making some excellent points, but I for one will never realize it, for I stop reading when I see these mistakes.

26 minutes ago, ramit said:

Too warm, not to warm

Would have, not would of

If English is your first language, it is inexcusable not to get those simple examples right.

Like it or not, you will be judged by the language you use.  You may be making some excellent points, but I for one will never realize it, for I stop reading when I see these mistakes.

If English is your first language (as opposed to 'American' English) shouldn't it be 'realised'?  ?

Edited by Wolfie20

27 minutes ago, ramit said:

Too warm, not to warm

Would have, not would of

It's basically the same when you here people say it though