Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

On 31/05/2020 at 15:38, Mucker1884 said:

Dog owners, who for some inexplicable reason, assume everyone would like to fuss over their dogs!

I've got loads of these.

1. People who don't understand that dogs are equals. (Betters if anything). 

2. Gary Barlow.

3. People who don't get down on all fours and have a little mini wrestle with any dog that decides to grace him/her with their company.

4. Gary Frigging Barlow.

5. People who are unwilling to give big kisses on the lips to random dogs.

6. Oh and that Facebook thing, "I've been nominated to post 10 pieces of crap to annoy everyone"...

7. Loads of other facebook things.

8. Gary Barlow.

9. Gary Barlow.

10. Struggling for a tenth. Must be a good day.

8 hours ago, Pastinaak said:

I've got loads of these.

...5. People who are unwilling to give big kisses on the lips to random dogs...

Back in the day, when pub "lock-ins" were a thing, I have been known to feed two dogs mouth to mouth, with those mini-cheddar nibble things they hang up behind the bar next to the pork scratchings.
The fact that it was my first time in this pub (I was a mate of one of the regulars) didn't matter.  The fact I was a stranger to the dogs and the landlord didn't matter.  The fact that the landlord had deliberately "allowed" the dogs to roam the public areas, specifically in the hope of clearing the pub/discouraging a lock in didn't matter.  The fact that both dogs were Dobermans didn't matter.  The landlord went to bed defeated.  We had our lock in... and I fell asleep on the bench seat, being spooned by one of the Dobermans!

It was one of my more successful evenings, when it comes to romance, it has to be said!

As an aside, I have seen your doggy pics, and have always said "If I ever have a dog, it would be a Boxer", so I fully comprehend why you love your pooch, as I'm sure I would myself, if we were ever to meet up.

I guess my post (to which you were responding) should have been better written, to clarify that it was irresponsible dog owners that were the "Gary Barlow" of my rant!

?

30 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Tik Tok. Cannot stand it. People trying to be funny and they're being absolute prats. My partner loves it, I want to throw her phone to the bottom of the sea.

I have to agree. Got sent one yesterday by the same person in four different whatsapp groups! Some blonde bird lip syncing along to clips of Cartman of South Park. What’s the point? Its not a talent! Received loads of mates daughters and nieces doing weird vogue type dancing, containing elbow smashes and hip shakes. I can’t even reply to say how Bamford it is!! 

On 06/06/2020 at 22:04, angieram said:

An update on the neighbourhood caravan. Removal was arranged by the local council today, six council officials, three police and two PCSOs.

They've nothing better to do in a pandemic. 

Apparently the owner of caravan had told them he was going to saw the van in half but as it didn't happen they decided to tow it away.

What these photos don't show is that this is the fourth trailer to arrive as the other three were all too small. 

FB_IMG_1591440124952.jpg

FB_IMG_1591446550930.jpg

What is all the writing about ?

Just now, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

What is all the writing about ?

I am afraid the man who lives in the house is having some sort of mental health crisis. He had threatened officials not to come near him as he has corona virus but not been confirmed.

On Friday this week he threw all his partner's clothes out of the front window of the house - they were strewn all over the road.

The caravan issue was so ludicrous that it became a bit of a joke but what is happening isn't really funny and I do hope he gets the help he needs.

People who go out to celebrate two nights running (at least!) during a viral pandemic, under the pretence of showing off their famed humour, friendliness, and staunch pride in their city and their football club, only to then be subsequently told by said club and city that they are in fact, an embarrassment to both, and that they have in fact brought shame on both!

On 20/06/2020 at 22:39, SouthStandDan said:

Tik Tok. Cannot stand it. People trying to be funny and they're being absolute prats. My partner loves it, I want to throw her phone to the bottom of the sea.

Yep. 

I've seen little challenges and GoPro stuff on there that's good but the vast majority isn't funny or entertaining. 

My daughter (8) watches it and the stuff she watches... my god. Millions of sketch shows all with identical lines and she sits grinning at all of them. 

Here's me scared. Here's me sad. Here's me happy. Here's me confused. Here's me in love. Here's me.... 

Next video

Here's me scared. Here's me sa-

I can't believe cold callers are still going around people's houses these days. I've had 2 in the space of a couple of days. One wanted to check my energy meters to see if we could save money. There's no end of comparison sites online to do that for me. 

Wish I had an electric shock door handle sometimes ?

On 01/07/2020 at 12:52, SouthStandDan said:

I can't believe cold callers are still going around people's houses these days. I've had 2 in the space of a couple of days. One wanted to check my energy meters to see if we could save money. There's no end of comparison sites online to do that for me. 

Sounds very dodgy to me! Like once off checking a meter says how much you use!

Make sure you lock doors and windows. 

On 01/07/2020 at 12:52, SouthStandDan said:

I had a couple of jokers try and do their sales pitch for home security in my own home. One even started taking his shoes off! I said a firm 'no' and sent them on their way. Someone elderly or less forceful might have difficulty getting rid. Not had a cold caller for a few years now though.

Edited by TimRam