Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

1 hour ago, SouthStandDan said:

People yelling "I'm vulnerable person, stay back" in the supermarket whilst we've been in lockdown. Surely if you're vulnerable you would have the common sense not to be shopping in a people dense environment?

I can't believe people actually do stuff like this. How are you meant to stop yourself from laughing at them?

Getting promised over a month ago in writing by a travel company (Heimsferðir) we booked tickets to Spain with, that we would be repaid the ticket price and to please show patience and understanding, only to find that they have now changed their minds and are waiting for the government initiative to force us to take credit instead, not based on ticket for ticket, mind you, but for much higher future air prices.

People/Businesses who, in the midst of a silent but deadly pandemic, with people dropping like flies, send an email where both the subject line and opening line of the message states... in bold capital... "TIME IS RUNNING OUT...!

Imagine my relief, when it turned out to be Currys, spamming me about some special deals that are about to end!  ?

On 04/05/2020 at 04:10, SouthStandDan said:

People yelling "I'm vulnerable person, stay back" in the supermarket whilst we've been in lockdown. Surely if you're vulnerable you would have the common sense not to be shopping in a people dense environment?

Or maybe they are scared and confused by this entire situation and live alone with nobody to look after them?

Just a radical commie thought brought about by being brought up my lesbian male parents who used to knit yogurt, hug snakes and prayed twice a day facing Greenham Common.

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I’ve never smoked but I do own a black car. Where does that put me? Barely tolerable?

It puts you in the "I feel your pain, why did we do this" bracket every time it rains. Or when the trees shed their pollen. Or when previously unnoticed dust decides to blow onto the roof/bonnet seconds after cleaning it.

Or it marks you out as an easy going, live and let live guy who doesn't mind driving a dirty car. I wish I was like that.

Edited by JoetheRam

19 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Owning a black car.

When I look at certain cars, their body shape, their stance at the kerbside, the way they react, you just feel, hold on a minute, this car needs pulling down a peg or two.
So I’d probably say that about all the newer black cars.  You know, it’s about, when you are struggling to get to a car wash, and your car is susceptible to heavy layers of dust in this dry and breezy weather, and is suffering a sticky patch, it’s about going back to basics, being grey... or even blue.  Working hard to stay that bit cleaner.

Edited by Mucker1884

16 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

It puts you in the "I feel your pain, why did we do this" bracket every time it rains. Or when the trees shed their pollen. Or when previously unnoticed dust decides to blow onto the roof/bonnet seconds after cleaning it.

Or it marks you out as an easy going, live and let live guy who doesn't mind driving a dirty car. I wish I was like that.

I get great satisfaction when the pigeons manage to read my sign and do their business on my wife’s car instead of mine:

”Always poo on the red car on the drive”

Edited by Tamworthram
Typo

Advertising execs who manage to convince Virgin Broadband it would be a good idea to have a load of children singing Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now for what seemed like an eternity.

And another thing, who wants to see ordinary people on television acting the goat showing us what a great time they are having during the lockdown. Do one. ? 

Lots of new cyclists about... adults and kids.  (Yes... IT is obvious!)

Ok, so maybe it ain't trendy to have/use a bell, but FFS, with all that wobbling, swerving, and kids forgetting to use their brakes, give yourselves a sporting chance of keeping out of A&E whilst they've got better things to do... WEAR A DUCKING HELMET!   

Chester Green, Derby...

Probably in the region of 40,000sqm of flat grassland (Very rough calculation!)
All "Public space", I believe.
Just the one solitary worn out "unofficial path" cutting right through it's heart.  As straight as an arrow, running directly from the corner nearest Parker's Piece, to the junction with Caesar St/Cut Lane, over the other side of Mansfield Rd.
An "unofficial path" that connects the pathways and cycle ways of Darley Park/Parker's Piece with the cycle/pedestrian pathways of The Racecourse.
Used for more than a decade or two. Familiar with locals and visitors alike.
A path so well worn, it is clearly visible on Google Maps Satellite View.
A path so well worn, it offers a clear view of any dog muck/broken glass etc, as well as a smoother ride and/or more comfortable underfoot, against the slightly longer, but still very well kept surrounding grass.
Oft used by pedestrians and cyclists alike, as its well worn condition will attest to.
The vast majority of folk who cross Chester Green take this very specific and obvious path, as "unofficial" as it remains.

I repeat, however, that it's "unofficial".  Map routes won't take you that way.  There are tarmac roads, paths and routes for both pedestrians and cyclists around the perimeter of the green.

Google Satellite view here (Showing the aforementioned well worn "unofficial path"):
https://www.google.com/maps/@52.9316213,-1.4712158,637m/data=!3m1!1e3!5m1!1e3

My question is... and this is purely hypothetical, you understand ?... would you choose to take your Bank-Holiday-Covid-Shutdown-Socially-Distanced-Family/Friends-Picnic (4 adults, 3 kids plus a toddler in a buggy, from memory) within 8 inches* of this "unofficial pathway", or would you maybe expect the occasional cyclist/pedestrian to take that route, and therefore maybe consider sitting a little further away? 
Indeed, should such "traffic" appear, would you consider questioning their route, or would you perhaps consider moving away from it... for your own safety, if for no other reason?
Or would you consider any pedestrians/cyclists who continue to use this well worn but "unofficial path" rude/ignorant/selfish/other?

Remember, it's a very pleasant sunny Bank Holiday.  Darley Park/Darley Fields and Parker's Piece are popular and relatively busy, as would be expected, on such a day, in such times. 
Chester Green itself has maybe 20 people at most, scattered about, within it's 40,000 or so square meters.  So plenty of room to spread out, one might say! 

*8 inches would be the approx. distance between cycle handle bars and the handles of the toddler's buggy, should the cyclist remain on the well worn "unofficial path".  The nearest adult would be sat well over 2ft away from the path!  Yes... 2ft, not 2m!

On 26/05/2020 at 07:39, Mucker1884 said:

Chester Green, Derby...

Probably in the region of 40,000sqm of flat grassland (Very rough calculation!)
All "Public space", I believe.
Just the one solitary worn out "unofficial path" cutting right through it's heart.  As straight as an arrow, running directly from the corner nearest Parker's Piece, to the junction with Caesar St/Cut Lane, over the other side of Mansfield Rd.
An "unofficial path" that connects the pathways and cycle ways of Darley Park/Parker's Piece with the cycle/pedestrian pathways of The Racecourse.
Used for more than a decade or two. Familiar with locals and visitors alike.
A path so well worn, it is clearly visible on Google Maps Satellite View.
A path so well worn, it offers a clear view of any dog muck/broken glass etc, as well as a smoother ride and/or more comfortable underfoot, against the slightly longer, but still very well kept surrounding grass.
Oft used by pedestrians and cyclists alike, as its well worn condition will attest to.
The vast majority of folk who cross Chester Green take this very specific and obvious path, as "unofficial" as it remains.

I repeat, however, that it's "unofficial".  Map routes won't take you that way.  There are tarmac roads, paths and routes for both pedestrians and cyclists around the perimeter of the green.

Google Satellite view here (Showing the aforementioned well worn "unofficial path"):
https://www.google.com/maps/@52.9316213,-1.4712158,637m/data=!3m1!1e3!5m1!1e3

My question is... and this is purely hypothetical, you understand ?... would you choose to take your Bank-Holiday-Covid-Shutdown-Socially-Distanced-Family/Friends-Picnic (4 adults, 3 kids plus a toddler in a buggy, from memory) within 8 inches* of this "unofficial pathway", or would you maybe expect the occasional cyclist/pedestrian to take that route, and therefore maybe consider sitting a little further away? 
Indeed, should such "traffic" appear, would you consider questioning their route, or would you perhaps consider moving away from it... for your own safety, if for no other reason?
Or would you consider any pedestrians/cyclists who continue to use this well worn but "unofficial path" rude/ignorant/selfish/other?

Remember, it's a very pleasant sunny Bank Holiday.  Darley Park/Darley Fields and Parker's Piece are popular and relatively busy, as would be expected, on such a day, in such times. 
Chester Green itself has maybe 20 people at most, scattered about, within it's 40,000 or so square meters.  So plenty of room to spread out, one might say! 

*8 inches would be the approx. distance between cycle handle bars and the handles of the toddler's buggy, should the cyclist remain on the well worn "unofficial path".  The nearest adult would be sat well over 2ft away from the path!  Yes... 2ft, not 2m!

I don't know why you insisted on sitting so close to the "unofficial" path myself. Surely you could have moved a bit further away on such a big field?

4 hours ago, richinspain said:

I don't know why you insisted on sitting so close to the "unofficial" path myself. Surely you could have moved a bit further away on such a big field?

Such a decent bloke... and yet so far removed from the facts!   LOL!

Edited by Mucker1884

Cars pulling out on cyclists 

I’ve had it a couple of times when going downhill at 30 mph. Once a woman overtook me then slammed her fookin brakes on - the dozy cow - because she was immediately turning off.

Today coming out of Horsley downhill toward the golf course, the bike picks up speed and is doing 28-30mph. I always dread sone pillock pulling out from the coxbench turn. Sure enough, car pulls out. Then because the first car has done it, a second fooker  pulls out, and then - unbelievably a third fookin van.(JPS plumbing you twit). Then they all slam their breaks on because there is another cyclist ahead. 

Give me strength.