Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

Is it a given that most drivers wont own up to hitting a car nowadays? Somebody (more than likely a neighbour) has made a slight dint and scratched my car just above the wheel arch. Granted it isn't that bad, will probably cost a couple hundred quid to fix. But that's not the point. Why not do the right thing and apologise, leave a note or something similar. Just think it's incredibly rude. It's definitely made me prioritise getting a drive for my next house than off street parking on a narrow lane. It's times like this you think I really dislike the human race sometimes. Zero honesty.

35 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Is it a given that most drivers wont own up to hitting a car nowadays? Somebody (more than likely a neighbour) has made a slight dint and scratched my car just above the wheel arch. Granted it isn't that bad, will probably cost a couple hundred quid to fix. But that's not the point. Why not do the right thing and apologise, leave a note or something similar. Just think it's incredibly rude. It's definitely made me prioritise getting a drive for my next house than off street parking on a narrow lane. It's times like this you think I really dislike the human race sometimes. Zero honesty.

I had similar last year, someone hit my tail light in my car park. When i asked the landlord for CCTV footage, that we all had to pay extra service charge for, they refused due to data protection and privacy, unless I got the police involved! The police wanted me to take all my paperwork in to make a claim on the CCTV footage. In the end, i just bought new light assembly from eBay! 

First Christmas with my partners family, her mum cooked this beautiful dinner. Had all the trimmings, nicely cooked Turkey. It looked heavenly. Then outcame the gravy..... a runny, watery puddle of misery in a bowl. Wanted to cry. 

Cant believe people like thin gravy. They make a beautiful dinner then decide to drench it with brown water. Grim.

Edited by SouthStandDan

35 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

First Christmas with my partners family, her mum cooked this beautiful dinner. Had all the trimmings, nicely cooked Turkey. It looked heavenly. Then outcame the gravy..... a runny, watery puddle of misery in a bowl. Wanted to cry. 

Cant believe people like thin gravy. They make a beautiful dinner then decide to drench it with brown water. Grim.

Thin gravy? Its jus wrong mate.

Sith Happens

Not people but stuff, when you are working from home and your windows laptop decides its doing a huge update when you turn it on in a morning, and why the % is not accurate....when it goes from 0-35% in a few minutes, then stays on 36% for about 3 weeks, before finishing off the rest in a few minutes.

6 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Not people but stuff, when you are working from home and your windows laptop decides its doing a huge update when you turn it on in a morning, and why the % is not accurate....when it goes from 0-35% in a few minutes, then stays on 36% for about 3 weeks, before finishing off the rest in a few minutes.

I know it's such a pane. Feel free to vent your anger if it happens again. 

Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I know it's such a pane. Feel free to vent your anger if it happens again. 

Smashing puns.

Going for service somewhere, a store, for instance and voicing a complaint to a nearby employee or suggestion for better service and getting the reply, hey I just work here.  i have kept my cool and calmly explained that i understand that they don't own the company, but i would appreciate it if they would inform their boss of my suggestion or complaint, knowing full well it will not get passed on.  No more.  The next person to give me that line will have his or her day ruined by me.

10 hours ago, ramit said:

Going for service somewhere, a store, for instance and voicing a complaint to a nearby employee or suggestion for better service and getting the reply, hey I just work here.  i have kept my cool and calmly explained that i understand that they don't own the company, but i would appreciate it if they would inform their boss of my suggestion or complaint, knowing full well it will not get passed on.  No more.  The next person to give me that line will have his or her day ruined by me.

I went from work to the local diy store so had shirt and tie on (no jacket). Someone asked if I knew where a certain item was and I said I did not. She moaned that I should know where everything was. I realised she thought I worked there!

1 minute ago, TimRam said:

I went from work to the local diy store so had shirt and tie on (no jacket). Someone asked if I knew where a certain item was and I said I did not. She moaned that I should know where everything was. I realised she thought I worked there!

Serves you right for dressing like a store clerk, hah.  i would have ruined your day.

In other words, i regret writing that rant.