Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

Got an email from the bank.

What does this mean for me?

You will now start to receive email service updates instead of postal copies. This change won’t impact your marketing preferences.

You don't need to do anything as long as this is the correct email address. If it isn't, it's quick and easy to update your details. 

This always annoys me. I wonder how many notifications I never get!? FFS.

4 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Just checked (I didn't trust you! LOL!)  ... so they have! 

No mention of the size of the donation on the (Beeb) article I just read, and I doubt £200 would cover the actual costs incurred, but respect to them for holding their hands up, and at least making a good fist at making amends.  Plenty of kno-beds out there who would be just laughing it off now, with their mates!

There was a picture somewhere which showed it all spread out including 10 £20 quid notes. Wine was Malbec.

PS Didn't Trust me,! You been talking to my missus?

13 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

People who don't signal at roundabouts. 

If you aren't indicating right you better believe I think you're going straight on so I will pull put in front of you.

Roundabout etiquette is appalling,  non indication, wrong lanes, driving in a straight line when going straight on rather than following the curve of the lane, people who enter a roundabout without being sure they can clear it meaning they block traffic from other directions causing congestion.

Also traffic lights on islands,  in the most part should be part time,  abbey hill is a good example,  used to be part time during rush hours,  now it's all the time,  i sometimes hit it in a morning around 6.45 usually queue to some degree,  the other morning the lights weren't working and hey presto no queues.

Jeez perspective or what.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/burton/irate-man-brands-a444-closure-3848357

Probably the sort of person who wouldn't move for an ambulance...not his problem after all.

We all I am sure get frustrated by hold ups but you know when it looks like someone could be seriously injured or worse your hold up is insignificant compared to what they, or their family are going through.

On 05/02/2020 at 17:54, Mucker1884 said:

I have been known to have both (custard AND Ice cream).

In my younger days, of course... late 30's, early 40's!  ?

Seriously, you have treacle sponge with custard AND ice cream? That is borderline psychotic. Wrong wrong wrong. 

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Seriously, you have treacle sponge with custard AND ice cream? That is borderline psychotic. Wrong wrong wrong. 

Yeah sorry.  I should have stated... It's not limited to just that one type of hot pudding. 
Ginger sponge works well.  Even Spotted Dick, if that's all that is available.
Nor are the ice cream flavours restricted... or even limited to one flavour per portion. 
In fact, even chocolate flavour custard works.  It doesn't have to be vanilla.

As you now see, it's rather an open book.  A liberal outlook on one's diet.
Obviously it's not such a common intake nowadays, what with shooting towards my 60's, with a paunchy belly and a cholesterol level to keep tabs on, but that's not for the lack of desire!

...And as for your comment about "psychotic", I take umbrage at your reference of "borderline"!  Borderline, I am most certainly not!  ?

On 13/02/2020 at 18:08, JoetheRam said:

People who don't signal at roundabouts. 

If you aren't indicating right you better believe I think you're going straight on so I will pull put in front of you.

M1 J29 Roundabout is the absolute worst for this.

Picked a properly useless car dealership for my new car. Spent half my morning on the phone going through the car finance guff. Agreed everything, sent all the bank stuff, good to go they said. Turn up and they've not even completed my application, felt like a right tit. I understand car salesman need to hit their targets, but pushing me to collect a car when the dealership hadn't finalised the paperwork was really bizarre. Good job I live a few miles away or I'd have been fuming.

Anyone else had issues buying cars from somewhere like available car? 

16 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Picked a properly useless car dealership for my new car. Spent half my morning on the phone going through the car finance guff. Agreed everything, sent all the bank stuff, good to go they said. Turn up and they've not even completed my application, felt like a right tit. I understand car salesman need to hit their targets, but pushing me to collect a car when the dealership hadn't finalised the paperwork was really bizarre. Good job I live a few miles away or I'd have been fuming.

I detest potentially high pressure sales environment of any sort & car dealers are probably the most obvious example.

It's all the target driven fake friendliness & free cups of coffee, while things are going well. For my last car purchase, I swear that I had both male and female sales people flirting with me to make sure all bases were covered. Mind you, I am stunning in the flesh.

It then looked like I might not be able to sign the dotted line for a couple of days - missing their target date - and you should have seen the change in attitude - bordering on aggressive. If I hadn't been getting a really good deal, I would have walked away at that point. As it was, I got it done in time. They got their sale and I got a decent bargain

Idealistic posts on Linkedin from people that don't seem to live in the real world.

I am currently in "conversation" with someone who seems to think that if a member of staff requests a couple of days off in order to attend "an important family event" they should be given the days off regardless of how important the event actually is, or what impact their absence will have on either the business or the staff left behind to work.

On 21/02/2020 at 14:01, SouthStandDan said:

Yes. The Golden Rule is that if you start to feel pressured then just walk away. 

Am assuming your recent event was at the end of the month so that the salesman in question were trying to push through the deal into that months quota.

54 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

In a similar vein, I have to turn off Vicki Sparks commentary on MOTD. Its not so much the voice but the over emphasis on every 5th word. 

She will calm down eventually. I think it’s inbuilt when trying to establish a career. Are you old enough to remember Jonathan Pearce in channel 5 when he started? Exactly the same as Vikki now. 

7 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

She will calm down eventually. I think it’s inbuilt when trying to establish a career. Are you old enough to remember Jonathan Pearce in channel 5 when he started? Exactly the same as Vikki now. 

Pearce was definitely something different when he started on C5 and I remember at the time he was very much either loved or loathed by the public. I was in the loved camp at the time because he had an air of authority about him. 

She probobly stands out now because the majority of commentators are very low key and not so excitable nowadays. 

Paul Mitchell sometimes gets a gig on games in the North East and he is very similar to Vikki.