Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

5 hours ago, Van Wolfie said:

That dreadful sentence whenever I visit my folks.....

"While you're here, can you just......... *insert IT / technology related issue that needs sorting*"

I get that a lot when visting most people. Although it was a good way to learn.

23 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Bit difficult now that I don’t speak to my dad! Maybe that’s why I’m backing Meghan Markle?

None of my business I know, all I can say is time goes quick, if there is anyway of building bridges find a way.....the same goes for him too. Its an old cliche but life really is too short.

My wife didn't speak to her father for the last 25 years of his life. 

Even when our son was born, and she'd agreed he could get to know his grandson, I'd take him round. A bit weird meeting your father in law for the first time years after marrying his daughter and having a kid together, but she never wavered.

I thought she'd regret it, but she never did, even when he died, she only went to the funeral to for her mum and brothers sake.

She said to me she wasn't bitter, angry or upset, she just felt nothing for him eventually, because he was a stranger.

It's easy to let weeks turn into months, then years, just be sure that's truly what you want.

A Lawyer is suggesting the PC Stuart Outten should be investigated for using excessive force by tasering a man who was attacking him with a machette, PC Outten suffered severe injuries during the attack.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/stuart-outten-met-police-scotland-yard-machete-disciplinary-a4344371.html

Seriously wonder what planet some people live on. Some seriously awful individuals about, and I am talking about the lawyer aswell as the attacker.

Personally I wouldn't have thought a bullet to the head of the attacker would be excessive if he was attacking him with a machette, so he got away light by being tasered.

The sentence given is pathetic too, he has been given 16 years for wounding with intent, but found not guilty of attempted murder or carrying a dangerous weapon. how do they work that one out? Seriously we are so soft. You dont attack someone and attempt to stab them in the head without it being attempted murder.

4 hours ago, Paul71 said:

A Lawyer is suggesting the PC Stuart Outten should be investigated for using excessive force by tasering a man who was attacking him with a machette, PC Outten suffered severe injuries during the attack.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/stuart-outten-met-police-scotland-yard-machete-disciplinary-a4344371.html

Seriously wonder what planet some people live on. Some seriously awful individuals about, and I am talking about the lawyer aswell as the attacker.

Personally I wouldn't have thought a bullet to the head of the attacker would be excessive if he was attacking him with a machette, so he got away light by being tasered.

The sentence given is pathetic too, he has been given 16 years for wounding with intent, but found not guilty of attempted murder or carrying a dangerous weapon. how do they work that one out? Seriously we are so soft. You dont attack someone and attempt to stab them in the head without it being attempted murder.

You don't stab someone in the head once without it being attempted murder let alone SIX times, how can you not determine if somebody was trying to kill someone else after they hit them 6 times in the head with a machete?!

5 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

She said to me she wasn't bitter, angry or upset, she just felt nothing for him eventually, because he was a stranger.

Normal i reckon. I havent spoke to my 'father' for 30 years, never will again - honestly couldn't care less. My brother recently told me he's heard he has stage 4 cancer. When he dies it'll just be another day.

Edited by Pastinaak

8 hours ago, Pastinaak said:

Normal i reckon. I havent spoke to my 'father' for 30 years, never will again - honestly couldn't care less. My brother recently told me he's heard he has stage 4 cancer. When he dies it'll just be another day.

Depends though mate. People can fall out over silly stuff and then time passes and it becomes harder and harder to find a way back to one another. In those cases the void can be like a cancer growing inside you. Parents do make mistakes, least I know mine did and I know I have too. Question is are said mistakes forgivable? Obviously some parents are just awful so I get that it's not a one-size-fits-all thing but where that's not the case, I'd err towards forgiveness.

Me and my old boy had proper physical tear-ups back in the day because of stuff I'd been told that turned out to be almost completely untrue. Stubborn old sod just told me to respect him rather than point out my old dear had told a bunch of lies. Didn't exactly go down well with me and on things went in their shouty, often violent way. My sis eventually put me straight, I reached out and over time came a see a very different man to the one I'd fashioned in my mind. Love him to bits now. He's been like a rock for me through some awful stuff and I've tried to return the favour more recently, as he's had his own fair share of troubles. 

Every story is different though, I get that, but I think folk need to understand whether even for selfish reasons, being the one to mend things is the lesser of two evils. We only get one shot at this after all.

Edited by 86 Schmokes & a Pancake

With the introduction of more four lane motorways, should lorries by restricted to the two inside lanes.

Get annoyed when three lanes are taken up by lorries all doing sixty mph while all the other vehicles are forced into one lane to get past the lorries.