Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

i was helping an old friend move a bunch of trash in bags loaded onto a big rented cart fastened to my car.  On the way to the trash collection site a driver in a car directly behind me began honking his horn wildly, waving an arm and flashing all his lights.  Thinking something was coming loose off the cart i slowed down to a stop and noticed that he did the same, which made me doubly sure something was awry with my load of garbage.  i put the hazard lights on and exited my vehicle to inspect the situation but quickly saw that nothing was wrong with it.  i then looked inquisitively at the burly red bearded twenty something driver behind me who paid me no notice whatsoever, but opened his passenger door to let in some fellow he knew, also interestingly enough a burly fully red bearded guy in his twenties.  They were so completely self obsessed i don't think either of them even saw or cared that i had come to a full stop in near panic in the middle of the road because of them. 

Next time a red bearded twenty something burly idiot wants attention i am ignoring him.

It must be on this thread somewhere already, but.... 

I went to see the Joker at Showcase Deluxe, Nottingham Friday night. 

Sat down on time, played around with my seats buttons, too easily amused with a leg rest coming up and down and reclining my seat up and down. 

Brilliant fun. 

Until some Bamford sat down next to me with a big bucket of popcorn. Sounded like Gary Lineker on a Walkers advert. Eating with his mouth open, and a complete lack of self-awareness. 

The adverts played and I could still hear the Bamford chewing. I calculated at the rate he was eating the popcorn, the film would be over before he stopped eating. 

So I waited for a quiet bit at the start of the film and said 'if you're going to eat like that through this film, I'm going to lob that ducking popcorn'. Overly aggressive, but we're talking 11 quid a seat here. And I had waited ages to see the film and managed to not have heard any spoilers. 

The worst thing is, he acknowledged he was eating too loudly and agreed to eat quieter. Which he achieved. 

Who thought of popcorn? People don't eat it unless watching a film. Its ducking mad. The worst thing you could think of for not pissing other people off. 

Edited by Norman

4 minutes ago, Norman said:

It must be on this thread somewhere already, but.... 

I went to see the Joker at Showcase Deluxe, Nottingham Friday night. 

Sat down on time, played around with my seats buttons, too easily amused with a leg rest coming up and down and reclining my seat up and down. 

Brilliant fun. 

Until some Bamford sat down next to me with a big bucket of popcorn. Sounded like Gary Lineker on a Walkers advert. Eating with his mouth open, and a complete lack of self-awareness. 

The adverts played and I could still hear the Bamford chewing. I calculated at the rate he was eating the popcorn, the film would be over before he stopped eating. 

So I waited for a quiet bit at the start of the film and said 'if you're going to eat like that through this film, I'm going to lob that ducking popcorn'. Overly aggressive, but we're talking 11 quid a seat here. And I had waited ages to see the film and managed to not have heard any spoilers. 

The worst thing is, he acknowledged he was eating too loudly and agreed to eat quieter. Which he achieved. 

Who thought of popcorn? People don't eat it unless watching a film. Its ducking mad. The worst thing you could think of for not pissing other people off. 

The cinema makes about 100x more on selling your "mate" the popcorn than on the film ticket. I guess a £5 bucket of popcorn costs about 10p to make? So I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for them to stop selling it.

The latest phrase to add to my list of phrases that for some reason really annoy me (ie beginning an answer with "so..."; back in the day; it is what it is; and same old, same old) is "from the get go". What a stupid phrase. I know it's an abbreviated form of " get ready, get set, go" but what's wrong  with "from the start"?

"Stop me if you've heard this one" (so you do, and they're offended)

"You can be honest with me" (so you are, see above)

"Anyway, to cut a long story short" (too late!)

"I mean, let's face it" (Why?)

"It's not the money, it's the principle(it's the Money!)

"Absolutely!" (Not on your nellie!)

Br**it!

Edited by Brummie Steve

Utter bamfords that fly past you in an average speed limit zone, all in a hurry, like they're Berty Funkin Big Balls!!  Only for you to catch them up in no time once you're past it.  If you'e in that much of a hurry, why did it take 5 minutes of cruising at 80 to catch up with them???  Nob-jockys!!!

On 12/10/2019 at 10:28, SouthStandDan said:

People who undercook their bacon. Shame on you ??

On 12/10/2019 at 10:58, Mucker1884 said:

Sister has always grilled hers for 30 seconds either side.

I never spoke to her throughout my entire teen years.  In fact, I couldn't even bear to look at her!  She's 60 on Monday... Lord knows how, with that sort of diet!

That's nothing, my Mum still insists on microwaving her's...

guy puke GIF

7 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Utter bamfords that fly past you in an average speed limit zone, all in a hurry, like they're Berty Funkin Big Balls!!  Only for you to catch them up in no time once you're past it.  If you'e in that much of a hurry, why did it take 5 minutes of cruising at 80 to catch up with them???  Nob-jockys!!!

Hahaha Id prefer that to drivers who go 22/23 in a 30 zone, that really pissess me off

Dog owners who don't poop-scoop. Seriously! duck all yous! My last gaff was a townhouse and this one old twit used to let his pooch piss and defecate all over my feckin doorstep, more or less EVERY DUCKIN MORNING. The GF and I politely asked him to stop several times (actually I wasn't very polite at all) and yet on it went to the point where I was quite ready to commit a not so random act of violence. That said, the GF came up with a rather more inventive solution that involved a dirty protest and the ****'s front door and car. Problem miraculously solved.

Edited by 86 Schmokes & a Pancake

18 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Especially when they cause a pile up which adds 2-3 hours to everyone's journey and 'life-changing' misery to others!

12 hours ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Hahaha Id prefer that to drivers who go 22/23 in a 30 zone, that really pissess me off

You do know that 30 is the limit and not a target speed?  Maybe they are driving at that speed because the area is built up, has cars parked on either side of the road or near a school.

24 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

You do know that 30 is the limit and not a target speed?  Maybe they are driving at that speed because the area is built up, has cars parked on either side of the road or near a school.

Pfttt the speed limit is always the target speed for me 

??

Tbh it's worse when people go 60 to 65 in the middle lane of a mota2ay 

5 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Pfttt the speed limit is always the target speed for me 

??

Tbh it's worse when people go 60 to 65 in the middle lane of a mota2ay 

I bet you don't do 20 when in a 20 zone ?
It's one of my favorite parts of the day... Doing 20 and holding up all the other vehicles wanting to do 30+

14 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Wouldn't have to squeeze past them if they were single file.

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

How wide is the road then?
1m for single file cyclists on road
1m for minimum gap between cyclist and car. 1.5m is recommended at 30mph and higher in poor weather or higher speeds.
1.8m for standard car width.
Standard road width = 3.65m

In most cases, you should be going over to the other side of the road when overtaking. Therefore, it shouldn't make a difference if the cyclists are single file or 3 side-by-side.

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

In most cases, you should be going over to the other side of the road when overtaking. Therefore, it shouldn't make a difference if the cyclists are single file or 3 side-by-side.

You forget to allow 3m for wobble room. At least you are assuming they are on the left to start with. Down Bakeacre lane last week two oldies in Lycra side by side were coming at me on my side of the road, on a bend. Gave ME a right load of verbals because I tooted at them.

35 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

How wide is the road then?
1m for single file cyclists on road
1m for minimum gap between cyclist and car. 1.5m is recommended at 30mph and higher in poor weather or higher speeds.
1.8m for standard car width.
Standard road width = 3.65m

As i stated in the original rant, they were 3 abreast in certain groups (there were around 20 riders) and their little convoy stretched for around 50 meters, so didn't exactly give much space to overtake on the stretch of Markeaton Lane that runs past Mundy Play Centre car park.  I had to wait for the funkin idiots to pass tight left/right handers just past the garden centre before overtaking their stuck up, inconsiderate little party...