Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

41 minutes ago, Electric Ram said:

PPV Boxing as a sky customer paying for the full sky package being charge £19.95 to watch sometimes not even top boxers fight, as a massive fan of the sport why are boxing fans punished, Eddie Hearne and Sky sports should be ashamed.

So the non boxing fans should subsidise it and then everyone can watch them?

54 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Non football fans subsidise. Non cricket fans subsidise. Non F1 fans subsidise. Why should boxing be different? 

I mean they show normal boxing don’t they? And then the big marquee events are PPV? Though you can now buy the sport channels individually if so. 

18 hours ago, Electric Ram said:

PPV Boxing as a sky customer paying for the full sky package being charge £19.95 to watch sometimes not even top boxers fight, as a massive fan of the sport why are boxing fans punished, Eddie Hearne and Sky sports should be ashamed.

I suppose the answer is dont pay the money, but then that means everyone to boycott then maybe boxers wont get paid tens of millions for a fight.

It wont happen though.

I am not into boxing, but even if i was no way would i pay 20 quid to stay up until 2 in the morning in the hope of a great fight knowing it will probably be crap and over in a few minutes.

Everything is supply and demand. If they can make money by making it PPV then they will.

20 hours ago, Electric Ram said:

It’s a rip off but we’re stuck with it,I won’t pay it unless it was something that looked really good.

To be honest I struggle to stay up that late.

I read that they’d sold 1500 tickets for the Fury fight in a 20000 seater?

They’re just greedy.

I’ve been cutting and haggling on our Sky.

• 2 weeks later...

Motorway etiquette.

Had the pleasure of driving to the southwest and back this weekend. Bit of M5 from M42 to M4 in both directions was awful, people hogging the middle lane meaning slow overtakers doing 65 in the fast lane, then nobody getting out of the way once they'd finally overtaken.

Drives me mad and makes journeys take so much longer.

Drove in France recently and never had this issue the whole time. So annoying.

On 13/09/2019 at 06:14, Mucker1884 said:

Left our main campsite yesterday... E198 for 13 nights.  Now en-route home.  E15 last night.  One final night tonight should be similar.  Maybe E18 at most.

I’m just being an ar5e though... totally agree with the rest of your post  ?

I went to Bristol for work back in the 1980s, and my agent booked me my accommodation. He rang me with the details and said "I have some good news and some bad news".

I told him "Give me the good news".

"It's £5 a night" he said.

"And the bad news?"

"It's £5 a night!"

It was a social security doss-house.

I booked into a 4* hotel instead.

4 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Why do people say that something is "cheap at half the price"?  Of course everything is cheap if it's half the price. The phrase is "cheap at twice the price" meaning that even if it costs twice as much it would still be cheap. Grrr!

yep nonsense, just like being 'head over heels', of course it is

Parents with young children at pedestrian crossings.

If I'm on my own then obviously I'll take any chance to cross quickly I can get, but if I see someone with young kids waiting to cross I'll stand there, do the whole 'wait for the green man' thing, even if the road is completely empty, so as not to set a bad example.

...and then their mum, dad, guardian or whatever completely ignores the idea that teaching road safety is of any value, takes them by the hand and runs across, making me look a right plum!

Grrrr ?

Edited by Coconut

Probably been covered in one of the previous 229 pages but people who are disorganised in airports should be banned from using them.

Not sure you have got all of your documents in order by the time you get to the relevant scanner, booth or checkpoint? Banned.

Got a load of liquids above the allowed limit? Banned.

Just wandered through the scanner with your phone in your pocket? Banned.

Thinking you can stay in the bar and hold everyone up after your flight has been called? Banned.

16 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Probably been covered in one of the previous 229 pages but people who are disorganised in airports should be banned from using them.

Not sure you have got all of your documents in order by the time you get to the relevant scanner, booth or checkpoint? Banned.

Thinking you can stay in the bar and hold everyone up after your flight has been called? Banned.

You'd get on with one of my best buddies. She's a wonderful girl but boy does she hate airport bimblers ?

Sith Happens
18 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Yeah I have said it before but always worth a re-mention.

Those who stand and re-pack their bags on the belts rather than removing the tray and doing it away so we can all get to our belongings.

People who recline.

People who stand up before the seat belt sign had gone off on landing.

Parents who let kids continuously kick the back of someones seat.

People who invade your space if sat next to you.

9 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Yeah I have said it before but always worth a re-mention.

Those who stand and re-pack their bags on the belts rather than removing the tray and doing it away so we can all get to our belongings.

People who recline.

People who stand up before the seat belt sign had gone off on landing.

Parents who let kids continuously kick the back of someones seat.

People who invade your space if sat next to you.

I hadn't even got to people who don't understand how to be normal on a plane. Now you have got me thinking about that as well!

16 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I hadn't even got to people who don't understand how to be normal on a plane. Now you have got me thinking about that as well!

the ones have to check every seat number until they get to theirs, like #24 suddenly comes after #10.

where you are boarding by the steps and people at the back of the plane get on the front steps, banning is too good for them, eject them at 30,000