Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

People who buy 20 quids worth of shopping at a petrol station blocking up the pump I need .  Normally the same person who spends an extra 10 minutes adjusting the seat, wing mirror and fiddling in the glove box when they get back in.  I'm sure this will make me go full on Falling Down one morning.

3 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

People who buy 20 quids worth of shopping at a petrol station blocking up the pump I need .  Normally the same person who spends an extra 10 minutes adjusting the seat, wing mirror and fiddling in the glove box when they get back in.  I'm sure this will make me go full on Falling Down one morning.

Every petrol station is notorious for this now they all sell bleeding coffee.

33 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Every petrol station is notorious for this now they all sell bleeding coffee.

Last weeks "National Coffee Day" was fun!  (Free vending on EVERY Costa Express Machine in the country, I believe?)  Caused massive queues "at the pumps" from what I could see!

1 hour ago, JoetheRam said:

Salted caramel.

Rubbish, but it's everywhere. 

Sugar is evil and we've all got to remove it from our diets.....

.....or just add a load of salt to it as well and it's fine.

Even as someone who eats a lot of salt, I find that a bit weird.

4 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Indicators

If you're turning or changing lane, fecking use them. Have some manners.

And, lorry drivers and taxis, the simple act of using your indicator does not give you automatic right to change lane. Wait until it's clear.

This drives me nuts.

I was in the fast lane on a busy A1 the other day but the traffic wasn't moving massively faster than the other lane. A car in lane 1 put his indicator on just before I came along side him, and as I passed him slowly, I could see he was effing and jeffing at me because presumably I hadn't slammed my brakes on and let him out in front of me.

A friend of mine usually ends up buying presents for his wife that end up costing us money.

Mrs Wolfie is going to London for the weekend with his Mrs, because he bought her a voucher for afternoon tea at the Ritz for her birthday. She insisted on going overnight, so they could relax etc but it'll end up costing us about £300 for somebody else's present.

The same has happened in the past with Wimbledon tickets & music concerts that Mrs Wolfie isn't bothered about seeing.

55 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

A friend of mine usually ends up buying presents for his wife that end up costing us money.

Mrs Wolfie is going to London for the weekend with his Mrs, because he bought her a voucher for afternoon tea at the Ritz for her birthday. She insisted on going overnight, so they could relax etc but it'll end up costing us about £300 for somebody else's present.

The same has happened in the past with Wimbledon tickets & music concerts that Mrs Wolfie isn't bothered about seeing.

If you can afford it, and it's something Mrs W enjoys, then why not. 
As that doesn't seem to be the case with the latter two examples, I think someone needs to be a bit more assertive, and say "No thanks.  That's not something that appeals to me" to the next "invite"... and someone else needs to do a little more thinking before buying his wife a "Present-for-one"!  At the very least, he should be consulting with you/Mrs W before going ahead and booking something.

...Either that, or he needs to start manning up, and actually start spending some time with his missus himself!  LOL!

#Justsayno

Lorry Drivers driving. It is simply the most frustrating thing with the amount of accidents they almost cause. 

I was on the M62 on tuesday on me way home from me jollies and I was in the 2nd lane doing 70 about to overtake a lorry then out of nowhere, no indicator or nothing the lorry starts moving into my lane as im about 2m away from him, cuts me up so i have to swerve into the 3rd lane where I had ANOTHER lorry almost ram into me...

Another thing regarding lorries, STOP USING ALL 4 LANES ON THE M1

Two weeks ago I was on my way home from work and there was a lorry in each bloody lane, funny how the one in the far right lane was the slowest one.

We need lorry lanes, don't let them hog every lane.

33 minutes ago, Squid said:

Lorry Drivers driving. It is simply the most frustrating thing with the amount of accidents they almost cause. 

I was on the M62 on tuesday on me way home from me jollies and I was in the 2nd lane doing 70 about to overtake a lorry then out of nowhere, no indicator or nothing the lorry starts moving into my lane as im about 2m away from him, cuts me up so i have to swerve into the 3rd lane where I had ANOTHER lorry almost ram into me...

Another thing regarding lorries, STOP USING ALL 4 LANES ON THE M1

Two weeks ago I was on my way home from work and there was a lorry in each bloody lane, funny how the one in the far right lane was the slowest one.

We need lorry lanes, don't let them hog every lane.

It's illegal for trucks over a certain weight to use the outside lane.

Having been a truck driver in my past, in my biased view most truckers are pretty good. 

Nearly had an accident myself yesterday near Derby train station. Taxi driver nearly went flying into my drivers side door. Trying to pull out onto the main road, a big van parked on the corner (shock horror), blocking my view. The traffic lights at the station had just turned red so I thought here's my chance. Edged out slowly. Suddenly out of nowhere, taxi drives off the pavement without indicating or with his lights on. I thankfully put my foot down to avoid him, if I braked he would have hit me. Speed saved the car. And my missus wonders why I hate driving around city centres.

Never had a problem with lorry drivers, if you give them space then they're fine. It's taxi drivers who are the menace. I've noticed it since I've moved close to town. Most of them are awful at driving.

3 hours ago, rynny said:

People who are always late. I see the same parents every single morning that are late taking their children to school, what example are you setting? 

Amen to that. Also, the ones I know seem to be skilled at being cosistently late by the same amount (20mins every time, for my Brother). You'd think it would be easy for them to fix?

1 hour ago, Van Wolfie said:

Amen to that. Also, the ones I know seem to be skilled at being cosistently late by the same amount (20mins every time, for my Brother). You'd think it would be easy for them to fix?

I have a friend who we used to tell that we were meeting an hour earlier than what we were just so he would be on time. And he would still be late 10 mins late.