Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

15 hours ago, Van Wolfie said:

People who are unable to get out of their seat without voilently grabbing the back of the seat in-front and jolting that person.

People who clap when you land.

Landing the plane without killing everyone on board is a minimum expectation for a pilot. Unless they landed it in an actual hurricane or with two flaming engines then a round of applause is not required.

54 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

We Europeans! 

Honestly?  I ummed and ahhed 'twixt the two, and wasn't convinced either way, so took a punt!  LOL!  

EDIT:
Actually no... my final decision was made on the basis that your version simply sounded too posh for on here!  :-) 

Edited by Mucker1884

17 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Current nonsensical phrases that for some reason annoy me

1. It is what it is

2. Back in the day

3. Same old, same old

4. Beginning an answer with "So"

grrrr!

So, back in the day, people were moaning about this sort of thing, and even in this day and age, it's the same old, same old. Moan, moan, whinge, whinge. 
It is what it is, so not worth getting angry about it!  

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Fancy toilets... strange levers I haven’t seen before mean I’m going to play with them. Walking out of the toilets with soaked trousers doesn’t give off a good impression ?

You do realise you were in a shower cubicle not a toilet!

3 hours ago, Bwash_Ram said:

People who say

"meegrayn" instead of migraine

"antty" instead of aunty

newsreaders (and its only ever those cnuts) who pronounce Australia as "oar-stralia"

and anyone who says "tuthpaste" should be shot

I agree with the rest but "arnty" just sounds dead posh to me.

The spelling would suggest it should be "ornty" anyway, doesn't it?. (as in: taunt; daunt; flaunt etc).

I'd hate to have to learn English. To many weird words.

Not annoying some much as irritating: This fashion amongst athletes and footballers to adopt double barrel names. I'm curious to know what happens to Thompson- Johnson if she were to marry Oxlade- Chamberlain. Their kids would have a right old time trying to spell that in reception classes. 32 letters 3 hyphens.

Still I always quite liked Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink. Seemed very quirky at the time, but I now know "of" in Dutch equates to "or" so is just another double barrel!

2 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

People (and lots of posters on here) using "of" instead of "have". As in "could of "should of". 

I'm in my 70s and can't recall ever anyone saying (or writing) this years ago. It's not dialect it's just lazy. 

I imagine the spoken "could've" has morphed into "could of", without people realising it.