Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Lane 2 hoggers on a 4 lane motorway when lane one is clear!

I know undertaking is wrong, but I can’t help myself sometimes, and they still don’t pull over!

Very naughty of me I know, but I tend to overtake them, then shoot straight over (dare I say "swerve"!) from lane 3 to 1, no indicating nor nuffink, in the hope it's a massive hint... it rarely is though, and like you say, they just continue to tootle along in lane 2, knowing full well that they will eventually overtake that lorry... a mile ahead... in a good 5 minutes or so!  

EDIT:

One thing I've noticed having done the best part of 10,000 miles on French Autoroutes now, is that the vast majority are very good at pulling back over to lane one, once the overtake is complete.  They get a bad rep, but from what I have witnessed, it is much more polite and civil over there... on the motorways, at least!

Edited by Mucker1884
Just slipped in something about my world-wide travels... as you do!

On 04/11/2019 at 07:04, Boycie said:

Lane 2 hoggers on a 4 lane motorway when lane one is clear!

I know undertaking is wrong, but I can’t help myself sometimes, and they still don’t pull over!

From the "cheers me up thread" (Page 23):

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

……………………………………………………………….
 image.png.6af259f4238797207b156f34b78c966d.png
May the fallen rest in peace. 
May those that return, have the fortune to live in peace.

Edited by Mucker1884

On 04/11/2019 at 08:18, Mucker1884 said:

Very naughty of me I know, but I tend to overtake them, then shoot straight over (dare I say "swerve"!) from lane 3 to 1, no indicating nor nuffink, in the hope it's a massive hint... it rarely is though, and like you say, they just continue to tootle along in lane 2, knowing full well that they will eventually overtake that lorry... a mile ahead... in a good 5 minutes or so!  

EDIT:

One thing I've noticed having done the best part of 10,000 miles on French Autoroutes now, is that the vast majority are very good at pulling back over to lane one, once the overtake is complete.  They get a bad rep, but from what I have witnessed, it is much more polite and civil over there... on the motorways, at least!

The thing is though that most (in my experience) French Autoroutes only have two lanes, So, it's not quite the same as being in the middle lane of three (which also annoys me by the way in case you think I'm defending it). Also, again in my experience, French drivers aren't all as polite as you suggest. If you're overtaking and another car approaches from behind you at speed, they seem to quite often pull up quite close even though you can't get out of their way. Don't start me on the Peripherique around Paris. Not an experience I'd recommend.

Apologies if anyone owns one. Those huge suvs are too big for British roads and parking bays yet adverts promote them every 5 minutes. I kid you not, in the space of one day:-

1) One nearly took the front of my car off when turning into my road as I approached the junction. It just about made the turn without hitting anything.

2) I was parked in supermarket across from one. It was parked in a bay slightly my left. After pulling forward to exit their left, it then had to reverse back and then go forward again. Nothing wrong with that I suppose except a "normal" car would not have had to do it.

3) There is barely room down some roads for one to drive past me without a "close call" with my wing mirrors.

4) Parked up again. Had no choice but to park next to one so left as much room as I could for their door to be opened. Returned to car, yep another had parked on the other side. Luckily I am a very slim chap!

I drive a 2008 Focus so it cannot be down to me! Have people just got bigger over the years?

Edited by TimRam

17 hours ago, TimRam said:

Apologies if anyone owns one. Those huge suvs are too big for British roads and parking bays yet adverts promote them every 5 minutes. I kid you not, in the space of one day:-

1) One nearly took the front of my car off when turning into my road as I approached the junction. It just about made the turn without hitting anything.

2) I was parked in supermarket across from one. It was parked in a bay slightly my left. After pulling forward to exit their left, it then had to reverse back and then go forward again. Nothing wrong with that I suppose except a "normal" car would not have had to do it.

3) There is barely room down some roads for one to drive past me without a "close call" with my wing mirrors.

4) Parked up again. Had no choice but to park next to one so left as much room as I could for their door to be opened. Returned to car, yep another had parked on the other side. Luckily I am a very slim chap!

I drive a 2008 Focus so it cannot be down to me! Have people just got bigger over the years?

I really don't like folks who own an SUV yet live on a 100 year old terrace house street where they know parking is a pain in the bum (cough my neighbours).

Children In Need. I find it infuriating that the only way for many of these projects to get completed is by celebrities convincing us to fund it with our own earned cash (often, though not always, post tax). We all still do it, coz we need to, but what a sad state of affairs that our society relies on pulling at the heart strings of tv watchers on a Friday night to raise nearly £50m (in excess of a pound per working person).

On 10/11/2019 at 22:25, Ewe Ram said:

People who shop at Aldi and insist on packing their shopping into bags as it comes through the check out. Do they do it just to be arsey? Everyone knows you whizz it through and then use the shelves to pack. 

I love playing beat the checkout operator. I even spread the stuff along the belt to give myself a better chance. Am I a bad person?

11 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Children In Need. I find it infuriating that the only way for many of these projects to get completed is by celebrities convincing us to fund it with our own earned cash (often, though not always, post tax). We all still do it, coz we need to, but what a sad state of affairs that our society relies on pulling at the heart strings of tv watchers on a Friday night to raise nearly £50m (in excess of a pound per working person).

Or you could say, how great that our society pulls together and raises all that dosh for childrens' charities on a Friday night.

16 minutes ago, bcnram said:

Or you could say, how great that our society pulls together and raises all that dosh for childrens' charities on a Friday night.

You could, just before saying 'and what a shame that is the only way we can seemingly find money for these good causes in our society'

Edited by BaaLocks

8 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

Car defrosting season is upon us again.

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank BMW for now making their cars loudly sound the horn twice when I lock it on the drive with the engine running, to defrost it a bit.

I discovered the new feature this morning. Lovely for the neighbours.

So it's the car that's sounding the horn when I'm doing the speed limit and the BMW is so impatient to get to work because it didn't set out earlier?

11 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

So it's the car that's sounding the horn when I'm doing the speed limit and the BMW is so impatient to get to work because it didn't set out earlier?

Absolutely. I believe it came out of the same internal meeting where it was decided to locate the indicator stalks in the boot.

10 hours ago, Van Wolfie said:

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank BMW for now making their cars loudly sound the horn twice when I lock it on the drive with the engine running, to defrost it a bit.

I wouldn't worry. When people see you driving a BMW they automatically think you're a banker so the noise probably just confirms it.

10 hours ago, Van Wolfie said:

I bet your next door neighbour is furious, waking him up now at all hours, and that's in addition to making him park his car on the road because you need half his drive for your BMW too.