Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

20 is only for areas that have a higher risk of injury for pedestrians. If you are near a school and a child runs out and you hit them at 20 they stand a significantly greater chance of surviving or avoiding serious injury than if you hit them at 30

I never stick to 20 limits tbh

8 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Anyone else who couldn’t care less about Halloween? Christmas is enough for me

Its ok but on my way home tonight passed a house Ilkeston way and Christmas decorations are up, lit up like griswolds 

34 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Anyone else who couldn’t care less about Halloween? Christmas is enough for me

I've suddenly had trick of treaters turning up at my house. This isn't America we dont do that here.

And Christmas i only care about because of the time off. Make Halloween a national holiday and i'm on board with the whole thing.

2 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I've suddenly had trick of treaters turning up at my house. This isn't America we dont do that here.

And Christmas i only care about because of the time off. Make Halloween a national holiday and i'm on board with the whole thing.

5677dd688438f4869f0844f95dacb6bd.jpg.b1ed67201b81f2a42fce3a89797aebad.jpg

Not random, but amused me.

A major customer at work has sent out an edict that incoming deliveries will be rejected if they contain plastic packaging such as bubble wrap or those plastic Wotsits, due to environmental concerns.

Laudable intent, until you consider that we supply them exclusively with plastic components to be used by them carrying out their business.

That business?

Oil and Gas exploration and drilling!

The silly mind games of Mrs Pastinaak.

She and the kids have been out all day leaving me and the dog to our own devices. 

First thing she does when she gets in? Looks me up and down then hands me the car keys. "I forgot to go to the co op on the way home, can you nip?".

So I quite reasonably inform her that me and the dog stopped by the Jug & Glass on our walk at lunch and I had a half of lager so sadly I can't drive. She comes back with "Well that was 5 hours ago so that half will be well out your system by now, so can you nip?".

Of course I can't nip. I had 5 pints at the Jug and I've been necking Cobras all afternoon watching Spurs snap Toffee legs. She knows it and I know it.

This charade is becoming an all too regular occurrence. 

Edited by Pastinaak

On 01/11/2019 at 18:48, reverendo de duivel said:

Not random, but amused me.

A major customer at work has sent out an edict that incoming deliveries will be rejected if they contain plastic packaging such as bubble wrap or those plastic Wotsits, due to environmental concerns.

Laudable intent, until you consider that we supply them exclusively with plastic components to be used by them carrying out their business.

That business?

Oil and Gas exploration and drilling!

That's frackin' stupid!