Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

1 minute ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

How about hollibobs, or sleeps til Christmas?

People who use those words are the same people who send out a photocopied newsletter of their family news with their Christmas cards -HATE THAT

Then they give everyone a  jar of the avocado and sardine chutney they have made, and I have to bloody well pretend to like it and be grateful

21 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

How about hollibobs, or sleeps til Christmas?

My colleague counts his "Get-Ups until my holibobs".  :-(

To make matters 10 times more annoying, and for reasons I cannot fathom, he never counts the actual morning he gets up to set off! 
For him, I guess it's one less "get-up", and effectively (again, to him) brings his holiday ever closer.
To me, it boils my piss, inflames my OCD, and sends the back of my eyeballs into a free-fall of gut-wrenching, vomit-inducing proportions. GRRRRRRRR

*Nice enough bloke though... He'd do owt for anyone!   :-)

25 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

People who use those words are the same people who send out a photocopied newsletter of their family news with their Christmas cards -HATE THAT

Then they give everyone a  jar of the avocado and sardine chutney they have made, and I have to bloody well pretend to like it and be grateful

Highlight 1 - Who would do such a thing?

Highlight 2 - Who would do such a thing?

That's one hell of a weird social circle of which you inhabit!  ;-)  

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/local-news/trapped-bus-drivers-anger-derbyshire-3614143

Residents complain because Bus drivers are pipping their horns as cant get past parked cars.

Seriously? They are moaning about the bus drivers? Shouldnt they be moaning about the owners of the cars that park irresponsibly? 

I appreciate not everyone can park on a drive, but the standard of parking these days is ridiculous, people park in dangerous spots, leave barely enough gap to get through, park on the road when they have off street parking (clear your garage out its for your car not your junk), blocked payments.

Near us its getting stupid just lately, if anyone cannot get through, or has to crawl through to make sure they dont the parked cars then you are parked irresponsibly.

A couple of weeks ago I had to get out my car and go knock on a door because i couldnt get past, and then im looked at like im a piece of filth for doing so. 

Would these same people moan if their house is on fire or they are seriously ill and the emergency services cannot get to them ? Bet they wouldnt mind a bit of pipping then.

18 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/local-news/trapped-bus-drivers-anger-derbyshire-3614143

Residents complain because Bus drivers are pipping their horns as cant get past parked cars.

Seriously? They are moaning about the bus drivers? Shouldnt they be moaning about the owners of the cars that park irresponsibly? 

I appreciate not everyone can park on a drive, but the standard of parking these days is ridiculous, people park in dangerous spots, leave barely enough gap to get through, park on the road when they have off street parking (clear your garage out its for your car not your junk), blocked payments.

Near us its getting stupid just lately, if anyone cannot get through, or has to crawl through to make sure they dont the parked cars then you are parked irresponsibly.

A couple of weeks ago I had to get out my car and go knock on a door because i couldnt get past, and then im looked at like im a piece of filth for doing so. 

Would these same people moan if their house is on fire or they are seriously ill and the emergency services cannot get to them ? Bet they wouldnt mind a bit of pipping then.

Had the same experience the evening before last... And I do believe I uttered very similar words to your last paragraph.  (To Muckerette on this occasion... although I do talk to myself when in the car alone, hence my dash cam is on mute! LOL!)

I too had to crawl through (Large MPV), with my mirrors folded in.  At that, I reckon I had maybe 2" either side, at best!  I'd guess a Transit van type wouldn't have got through, so certainly not an ambulance/Fire Engine etc.

I too blasted my horn for the duration... but didn't hang around for any potential reaction!  Ha, Ha!

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Had the same experience the evening before last... And I do believe I uttered very similar words to your last paragraph.  (To Muckerette on this occasion... although I do talk to myself when in the car alone, hence my dash cam is on mute! LOL!)

I too had to crawl through (Large MPV), with my mirrors folded in.  At that, I reckon I had maybe 2" either side, at best!  I'd guess a Transit van type wouldn't have got through, so certainly not an ambulance/Fire Engine etc.

I too blasted my horn for the duration... but didn't hang around for any potential reaction!  Ha, Ha!

So have I ha. 

On 29/11/2019 at 06:40, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

People who cheat at pub quizzes are the lowest of the low. Utter Bamfords.

Bill Haley..easy and I'm not old! I had a mate do that..kept cheating and halfway through he said 'what do we win?' Unsurprisingly he couldn't grasp the concept that there was no prize, just the pleasure and honour - which is why we couldnt grasp him cheating. Suffice to say he never returned. 

I would like to add I hate the word 'super'... Its everywhere now.  As in 'super excited', 'super intense', 'super confident'... 

Just seen litter pickers in heanor. They are fetching the litter out the bushes near tesco. The piles of rubbish is astonishing

We really do have some scumbags about (those dropping the litter not the litter pickers).  

There are 4 of them.

They should make anyone caught dropping litter do a few hundred hours litter picking, maybe they wouldn't be so keen to drop litter if they had to be up early on a cold Saturday morning doing it.

We are far too soft with people.

So it seems Publically calling someone a peado is acceptable now. Or is it only ok if you have billions to spend on top lawyers?