Depression, anxiety, stress and other related issues

Mostyn6

7 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Article that some may find interesting 

https://apple.news/A9dO10Cu9QmqSnT5Z9AwSdQ

GQ interview with Roman Kemp, son of Eastenders/SpandauBallet/The Krays Martin, and is a national commercial radio presenter, who has been on antidepressants since 15yo and best friend committed suicide recently 

I saw this, I get the point of it but we have so many celebrities out there doing this it feels like you're not part of the gang unless you've done a docu-reveal on this. Hard to turn the TV on these days without someone or the other launching their 'I'm not OK' channel.

I kind of disagree with myself on this because I appreciate we need to get it on the table but you do find yourself saying 'oh, not another one'.

3 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

I saw this, I get the point of it but we have so many celebrities out there doing this it feels like you're not part of the gang unless you've done a docu-reveal on this. Hard to turn the TV on these days without someone or the other launching their 'I'm not OK' channel.

I kind of disagree with myself on this because I appreciate we need to get it on the table but you do find yourself saying 'oh, not another one'.

68FAEC8E-C4A3-4D71-B6B8-0F750E17E4BB.png

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

We said see you soon to a great family friend today, 37 years old... brain tumours are a Bamford.

godfather to my fantastic niece and an all round top bloke. 

raising a glass to you Tommo. See you on the other side mate ?.

6DD94776-BB5C-4AC9-888E-113EF29C4A78.jpeg

Not trying to usurp your grief, I’m going through a weird period right now having just had the birthday of and on Friday the second anniversary of losing one of my longest and closest friends who died of sepsis aged 39. I still expect daft messages from him and drunken phone calls, but sadly they don’t come.

Sorry for you loss x

8 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Not trying to usurp your grief, I’m going through a weird period right now having just had the birthday of and on Friday the second anniversary of losing one of my longest and closest friends who died of sepsis aged 39. I still expect daft messages from him and drunken phone calls, but sadly they don’t come.

Sorry for you loss x

Not at all mate... in a strange way it’s almost comforting knowing you’re not alone? 

he was in queens medical getting a bloody tumour out of his head and he still sent messages when I was on a different floor with Clara... what a guy. 

I guess all we can do is have a drink or two and remember the good times? I’m 28 years old and that man was in my life for over half of it. 

I take comfort in knowing he spent those 37 years better than anybody, he travelled the world selling insurance to racing drivers! 

have a drink, remember the good times and just hope there’s something on the other side I guess ?

On 18/05/2021 at 23:06, Ramslad1992 said:

We said see you soon to a great family friend today, 37 years old... brain tumours are a Bamford.

godfather to my fantastic niece and an all round top bloke. 

raising a glass to you Tommo. See you on the other side mate ?.

Tough old year and a bit for you mate. Glad to see you're still standing strong and love the fact you're celebrating Thommo as much as mourning him. It's easier said than done at times, especially for those taken so long before their time, so more power to you buddy ?

3 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Tough old year and a bit for you mate. Glad to see you're still standing strong and love the fact you're celebrating Thommo as much as mourning him. It's easier said than done at times, especially for those taken so long before their time, so more power to you buddy ?

Cheers mate. It is what it is at the end of the day, it’s easier knowing he did more in his years than most do. As for the rest of the year that’s what being a dad is about. The rough days have far outnumbered the good days but it’s the good days that make it all worth while ?.

Had a proper wobble earlier. Had a few early beers to mark second anniversary of mate’s death, abandoned mates ij Birmingham, considered doing something stupid, someone got hold of my mother, she left a voicemail, i thankfully cannot ignore my amazing mum, reset my brain... need some help. Now thinking how far I might’ve gone had I not spotted the message. Sorry. Embarrassed. But confused.  

48 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Had a proper wobble earlier. Had a few early beers to mark second anniversary of mate’s death, abandoned mates ij Birmingham, considered doing something stupid, someone got hold of my mother, she left a voicemail, i thankfully cannot ignore my amazing mum, reset my brain... need some help. Now thinking how far I might’ve gone had I not spotted the message. Sorry. Embarrassed. But confused.  

Nothing to be sorry about. As much as we rely on our brains, sometimes they can be so blooming mischievous if we don’t keep it hem under control. Problem is that they know everything about us, but like a naughty dog you have to show who is the boss. 
Listen to your amazing mum, what a great starting point. The Power of Love can overcome all. 
Sometimes something great can be just around the corner, a new partner, a job offer, a frickin’ wonderful takeover by some sensible but very wealthy group willing to splash a few shekels on the team. 
Personally, despite my advanced (ish) years, I find a run on my own can put things into perspective, there are some fantastic trails in East Staffs, South Derbys and N W Leicestershire. 
keep smiling x

It's the drink that does it unfortunately. I went out last weekend with a mate had far too many and my emotions crept up on me. Not such a bad thing as it's really dangerous to keep things bottled up all of the time I know from personal experience. Try not to lose sight of all the people who love you and what a poorer world it would be for them without you in it. Am sure your mum's always happy for you to share or just unload on anytime. Counts for a lot. Stay safe.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Well done on posting this ?. Keep talking and listening. 

You are not alone, there are lots of us on here willing to listen and help. 

11 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Mostyn this is the bravest of posts.

I am so pleased your mum is a strong presence in your life and that you are still with us. Each new day is a fresh start. There will be good times.

11 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Next time you feel like this buddy, imagine your Mate up in the sky saying “For ducks sake Mostyn, it’s crowded enough up here without you and your fat arse taking up valuable seating space”.  Stay strong Sunshine. Kiss ?for your Mum.

18 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Nothing to be embarrassed about mate, I know it’s hard but try and think of the times you had in a good way. 

the helps always there whether it’s professional, family or just posting about it to a much of strangers on the internet! 

Whatever helps and gets you through ? hope you’re on the mend soon mate. ?

Really important to keep talking /typing about stuff, mostyn. Just because you can't see someone doesn't mean that they are not there, even though that can be very difficult to see sometimes. I remember some of your posts on the old BBC 606 forums. Very entertaining

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone use or used Fluoxetine?

Doctor has prescribed it for me for some anxiety I have. Sadly I read too much about it before just taking it and it actually scared me and I haven't taken it.

I'm interested to know any first hand experience if you have taken it. Were there any side effects and did it help? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 31/05/2021 at 20:05, rammieib said:

Anyone use or used Fluoxetine?

Doctor has prescribed it for me for some anxiety I have. Sadly I read too much about it before just taking it and it actually scared me and I haven't taken it.

I'm interested to know any first hand experience if you have taken it. Were there any side effects and did it help? 

rammieib, Can't give you any info on Fluoxetine, but I've been taking Seroxat (paroxetine) for the last 20 years to cope with an heriditary anxiety problem. I can only speak from experience when I say that it has turned my life around. My mum has also been prescribed the same tablets following my chat with her doctor to tell him how well it worked for me. We are both so much better and have much more balanced moods. There are studies on paroxetine to say that sometimes it can cause mental problems with younger people, but as I said, I'm only speaking from experience here. All the best, and hope this helps.