Depression, anxiety, stress and other related issues

Mostyn6

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Hang in there mate. Football will be back for you eventually. It might feel like forever but it won't be. In the not too distant future "lockdowns" will be a meme. The words "social" and "distancing" will have divorce. Just got to keep grinding and eventually you will at least be able to see The Rams play again. 

It has been for ever mate been since last march. And just want my Derby county back again.

• 1 month later...

With @Davidposting his thread earlier, thought I’d bump this. Some of you might be uncomfortable with revealing any issues you are experiencing. 

it was roughly this time of year when i started this thread. 

Two massive things that I have learned since;

1- being aware something isn’t right is admitting to yourself, you’re on the path to feeling better.

2- however bad you’re feeling, you’re definitely not the only one feeling that way. 

Ive been told by many posters that just reading this thread gave them hope and help. 

take care 

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

With @Davidposting his thread earlier, thought I’d bump this. Some of you might be uncomfortable with revealing any issues you are experiencing. 

it was roughly this time of year when i started this thread. 

Two massive things that I have learned since;

1- being aware something isn’t right is admitting to yourself, you’re on the path to feeling better.

2- however bad you’re feeling, you’re definitely not the only one feeling that way. 

Ive been told by many posters that just reading this thread gave them hope and help. 

take care 

Totally agree, knowing you have a problem rather than trying to hide it or protect others is so important.

I remember the day i broke down in the GP's and it was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders.

I think as humans we often try and protect those around us....we all say 'how are you', or get asked it, how many times do we answer 'Yeah good' when its not the case?

Its good to talk as they say.

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

You are Lewis Hamilton, and... erm... actually... No... I'll donate my fiver to charity... because I really shouldn't be joking on here!

tenor.gif

I wouldn't mind being ..afterall nicole ?

I'll be very surprised if anyone "is not feeling it" this year!

It has to be getting to us all, at varying levels, doesn't it?

Lack of get-togethers.  Family traditions blown out of the window.  Holidays with nowhere to go, and nobody to see.  Just a general loss of close family ties.  And that's just those of us who haven't had it so bad, this year!

Never a problem to remember those we've lost at this time of year, but Christmas 2020 has to be the Christmas where we make sure we don't forget those still here.  Friends, family, acquaintances, neighbours.  

Talk.  Listen.  Be There.

Find time for others, folks.  I suspect there's more out there than we may realise, that need our help, and our attention this year.  
Give them all the gift of caring.  It won't cost a bean, and it doesn't even need wrapping!

Merry Christmas all.  
Stay safe for yourself, and stay available, for others.

xxx

Its almost crunch time for a lot of us, not knowing how we are going to feel over the next 10 days or so. 

Hope everyone remembers that it’s okay to feel rubbish and isolated, there’s nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed about. It’s totally natural if you feel low in ordinary circumstances, let alone in the current climate. 

• 5 weeks later...

Thought I’d bump this with Jordon Ibe clearly struggling at the minute. How’s everyone doing during lockdown?

luckily I’m at work all week and the majority of my stress/anxiety and depression recently has been to do with my daughter Clara who is absolutely smashing life now. ? 

anxiety is pretty bad at the minute as her condition means she will struggle to eat and we have just started purée feeding which is terrifying.

hope everyone is doing well. ?

2 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Thought I’d bump this with Jordon Ibe clearly struggling at the minute. How’s everyone doing during lockdown?

luckily I’m at work all week and the majority of my stress/anxiety and depression recently has been to do with my daughter Clara who is absolutely smashing life now. ? 

anxiety is pretty bad at the minute as her condition means she will struggle to eat and we have just started purée feeding which is terrifying.

hope everyone is doing well. ?

She sounds like a real fighter and I am sure she'll go from strength to strength with your love and support.

• 2 weeks later...

It may be a day late but yesterday was “time to talk day” so I thought I’d give this a nudge to the top of the list.

2020 was a tough year for everyone and I struggled for one reason or another.  A few times I’d typed a post in here to get things off my chest and ended up pressing delete.  I don’t know why - shame, embarrassment, worried my problems weren’t real issues or because I’m a bloke?  Who knows.  I ended up taking some time off work in December as I was struggling so much.  I felt trapped, stuck and unable to think clearly

I have to say having the time off was one of the best things I’ve done as most of my anxiety/stress was caused by work.  And that in itself was tough - just like I’d deleted posts, several times I put the phone down whilst waiting for the doctors receptionist to answer.  For the first time in years I was able to switch off, think about how I’d got myself to that place and, importantly, think about what I could do to solve it.  I’m now starting to see the wood for trees and I’m having CBT sessions for anxiety.

It’s a journey but I think I can now see a way forward.

If you do look at this, thanks for taking the time to read my post.  But most importantly, every day should be “time to talk” day.  And this time I didn’t press delete!!

Edited by FlyBritishMidland

29 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

It may be a day late but yesterday was “time to talk day” so I thought I’d give this a nudge to the top of the list.

2020 was a tough year for everyone and I struggled for one reason or another.  A few times I’d typed a post in here to get things off my chest and ended up pressing delete.  I don’t know why - shame, embarrassment, worried my problems weren’t real issues or because I’m a bloke?  Who knows.  I ended up taking some time off work in December as I was struggling so much.  I felt trapped, stuck and unable to think clearly

I have to say having the time off was one of the best things I’ve done as most of my anxiety/stress was caused by work.  And that in itself was tough - just like I’d deleted posts, several times I put the phone down whilst waiting for the doctors receptionist to answer.  For the first time in years I was able to switch off, think about how I’d got myself to that place and, importantly, think about what I could do to solve it.  I’m now starting to see the wood for trees and I’m having CBT sessions for anxiety.

If you do look at this, thanks for taking the time to read my post.  But most importantly, every day should be “time to talk” day.  And this time I didn’t press delete!!

Good post ?

Small steps and all that, well done. 

It's good to switch off and take stock.  

Ironically, covid and the subsequent restrictions placed on our normal life may well have given some of us the opportunity to stop and reassess. 

All the best. 

35 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Well done you FBM. You are making some great steps forward. Rest, exercise and good communication are all so important. Please keep us updated. Come on you Ram!

48 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Great post, I thank you for postiing this and very pleased for you. Take care.

Just wished to make my self known in this thread and kudos to the thread starter. 

Suffered with Anxiety when I left the Army, I think it was always there, but leaving just accelerated the process . I mentioned on a post a while back that last year was my first Game at Pride Park in 5 years or so. I broke contact with all social media and friends as I  just could not fathom the process of people and crowds, the nerves I had driving in the car, seriously I contemplated turning back numerous times . I got to the ground 50 minutes before kick off and left 15 minutes before just so I could cut any sort of social interaction or anyone seeing me at all. I still suffer, I think I always will to be honest. But, that was the biggest achievement I could have ever made. Seeing my beloved Derby County in the flesh, my childhood team that I would follow home and away. It’ll always be a part of me, I know that. I’m still doing counselling and will be for a while (thank you to a certain Military Charity) and also thank you to Derby County’s supporter Liaison officer who made that game possible.   

I would love to help or speak to anyone I can regarding any problems they may have and most of all be a friend. 

14 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Well done you FBM. You are making some great steps forward. Rest, exercise and good communication are all so important. Please keep us updated. Come on you Ram!

This is the nail on the head for me. I can only speak for myself, but exercise is my way out of low/dark moods. I’m currently typing this during a half time rest during a spinbike session (pedal to the whistle of the match!).

was in a rut in January. A vicious circle of no energy, no exercise, no rest! All affecting the other. 

For me though, had to build up to a positive change, so had a week of eating, drinking, binning the fizzy pop, carbs, goodies etc. 

so far in Feb, ive eaten only chicken, fish, salad, apples and bananas, oh and nuts to snack. Only drank water, milk and squash, and a mocha out of the machine at work. 

Ive had 3 big spin sessions. My sleeping is better, energy is better and as a byproduct my mood is much better. 

15 hours ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Sounds like really promising progress. From personal experience CBT is an extremely powerful and productive tool and you should start to reap the benefits of it after the first few sessions. You should take immense pride in the fact that you've had the inner strength to go and seek out help yourself which you need to recognise as one footstep on your current road. 

I used to have terrible problems with rumination and negative thoughts and was taught various methods of dealing with it some very simplistic but powerful ones for example physically moving your hand infront of your face to symbolise pushing the negative thoughts out of your mind or wiping the thought blackboard clear. 

Remember to try and stay in contact with your friends and families especially more so during this lockdown, when I was at my lowest ebb I literally shut myself away, wouldn't answer the door or phone and cut myself off from all form of social interaction. It was a massive effort to reverse that so it's important that you try to maintain this human contact even if it's texting someone once a day or using this forum.

Keep us updated about your progress, have got no doubts that you'll make it, I know there's lots of people on here including myself rooting for you ?

• 1 month later...