Depression, anxiety, stress and other related issues

Mostyn6

4 hours ago, BatRam said:

Hey man , hopefully you get what youre looking for. But in the worse case scenario another door will always open. Even if you have to get a rubbish job just to make the bills pay till you get something else. Theres always stuff at supermarkets and stuff ( i know its prob nothing like what youre doing but atleast its money in the bank).

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it 🙂 Yeah, I'm hoping my contract will either be renewed, or I'll get some postdoctoral funding or I'm applying for a research job at Kings College London. If none of these work out, then definitely I'll get a skate on looking at other things! 🙂  

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Thanks for the kind words I really appreciate them🙂 On the work, unfortunately my partner will definitely not sanction a move abroad. I'm applying for a job at Kings College London and am still waiting to hear on postdoctoral funding so trying not to panic too much 🙂 

Kings is where my lad did his postdoc - pharmacology. If I understand you correctly, you've completed your DPhil and are looking to remain in Academia? In any case, it's a highly prestigious seat of learning and if you can secure work there, I'm sure it'll make things much easier in the future, as you'll be even more employable. Hopefully you get the nod soon anyway, as I know how stressful the wind down period of any contract can be. 

41 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Kings is where my lad did his postdoc - pharmacology. If I understand you correctly, you've completed your DPhil and are looking to remain in Academia? In any case, it's a highly prestigious seat of learning and if you can secure work there, I'm sure it'll make things much easier in the future, as you'll be even more employable. Hopefully you get the nod soon anyway, as I know how stressful the wind down period of any contract can be. 

Oh wow, that's excellent for your lad massive congrats! Yeah, I finished my PhD in 2022 and currently a teaching fellow at the University of Leeds. It would be great to get to work there as it is very prestigious and the project looks right on what I'm interested in 🙂 Thanks, it is stressful but trying to manage it 🙂