Depression, anxiety, stress and other related issues

Mostyn6

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Not sure about anyone else, but I’m having a proper mental wobble right now. Took me ten hours to force myself to type this. Isolation is a struggle. 

You need to get out. Even if it's a change of surroundings like a trip shopping or walk somewhere. Have you got anyone you can Facetime or interact with even on social media. Don't shut yourself away. 

16 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

You need to get out. Even if it's a change of surroundings like a trip shopping or walk somewhere. Have you got anyone you can Facetime or interact with even on social media. Don't shut yourself away. 

Had a couple of hours last night on that Houseparty app. Made me a tad happier. 
 Sadly though today, ive just been looking at it wondering where anyone is. 

16 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Had a couple of hours last night on that Houseparty app. Made me a tad happier. 
 Sadly though today, ive just been looking at it wondering where anyone is. 

That's a good start.

Try not to fall into the trap of allowing your mind to ruminate on where everyone is as this will lead to negative and unhelpful thoughts. 

Have you got anyone you can call for a quick chat? Exercise also helps the mind and a quick stroll and a change of scenery could be very beneficial.

I've been up & down.  But on the whole I'm handling it a little better now.  I think I've come to accept the situation and the fact that it's gonna be a long haul.  Hopefully not the 6 months the father-in-law ranted about earlier, but with news that this is having a positive affect on the spread, I think it's gonna be another month at least.  One of the biggest things to worry me was being able to feed the family, but shopping on Sunday was quiet and orderly, so the message about not stockpiling appears to be getting through to folk.  So I've felt relieved.

Most important thing I can say is, try not to watch the news frequently, and choose your sources carefully.  And make sure you get out for the walk/jog/run your allowed each day, even if it's for 20 minutes or so.

On 28/03/2020 at 20:36, Mostyn6 said:

Not sure about anyone else, but I’m having a proper mental wobble right now. Took me ten hours to force myself to type this. Isolation is a struggle. 

Another candidate for Daveo’s forum Skype session. ??

• 4 weeks later...

No issues ,painted my fence ,painted my shed ,painted my house ,put new fascias and sofits  round the back will do the front next week,

Painted my front door and put new furniture on it ,painted my garage ,repaired my gazebo ,redecorated my office.

Cut all my hedges ,re seeded my lawn ,painted my front gate ,rust proofed my Jeep [ACF 50[ and probably other stuff I've forgotten about .

I also work from home and have been relatively busy ,just had all the wood delivered to replace my decking. To be fair I wouldn't have done half that under normal circumstances as I would have been out and about .

Still need it all over though and get back to normal.

12 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

No issues ,painted my fence ,painted my shed ,painted my house ,put new fascias and sofits  round the back will do the front next week,

Painted my front door and put new furniture on it ,painted my garage ,repaired my gazebo ,redecorated my office.

Cut all my hedges ,re seeded my lawn ,painted my front gate ,rust proofed my Jeep [ACF 50[ and probably other stuff I've forgotten about .

I also work from home and have been relatively busy ,just had all the wood delivered to replace my decking. To be fair I wouldn't have done half that under normal circumstances as I would have been out and about .

Still need it all over though and get back to normal.

Is that all lazy git. 

Coping as best as I can, I always think there are worse off people than me though and that is what keeps me focused...

Personally I am home schooling 3 kids with number 4 due in June (planned outside the normal footballing window!)

Work wise is where its been hard. Those that dont know, I run my own travel business so self employed. Been a really tough couple of months with all the immediate issues and changes, think there were 220 updates around the world. Kind of managed to sort them out but from a mental health point of view its never easy to deal with considering I am working for free now, have to pay back a fair bit of money I had already earnt and been paid for holidays that were imminent departures and then see all my hard work over the last 9 months pretty much all dwindle down to nothing. Hard gig running a travel business and being self employed but alive and well so..............

Hope everyone is well.....

Oh and I have no idea where the big flag is! Last seen on the team coach heading to Millwall ... Sure it will be somewhere with Ellisons! 

On thread, after a rocky week while my GF was in hospital, I'm coping OK. Trying to pretend that the whole thing is just a bit of a crap 'staycation' really, with beers in the sun, a bit of exercise and much reading and box-set bingeing keeping me sane. 

Hope everyone else is doing as well as can be expected ?