Match Thread - Oxford United (A) - Tuesday 22nd October 2024

Crewton

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

It’s almost as if sitting solidly mid table on our return to the championship, winning games at home against established champ clubs and now stopping the away rot with a couple of hard fought draws is causing you some distress? 
I suppose we could have played better  tonight, but for me I’ll happily take the second point on the road in a handful of days and move onto a winnable home game on Saturday. 

I have quite enjoyed a few of the home games tbh but I’d like a little bit of excitement. We have nothing from open play we don’t create anything. Simple pass and move or combinations are non exsistent. The only real joy I get is when we get a corner. 

1 minute ago, thischarmingram said:

We really aren’t going to win many if any away games if we can’t beat sides this bad. 

Positive is 2 points from two aways games and most of us would have taken that before these two games. It just puts so much pressure on us to keep winning at home. 

Felt more 2 points lost than Millwall, if I’m honest.

Much better second half in terms of commitment and urgency. Lack of quality remains a real worry though.

Better balance to the midfield, and Osborn improved without Goudmijn beside him. 

Can't believe I thought Adams wouldn't be good enough for the Championship. 

Good to see Sibley playing a central, advanced role (I can say that now he didn't score).

2 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

I have quite enjoyed a few of the home games tbh but I’d like a little bit of excitement. We have nothing from open play we don’t create anything. Simple pass and move or combinations are non exsistent. The only real joy I get is when we get a corner. 

I think the majority were hoping for a season of "mid-table mediocrity".  We seem to be getting our wish so far, but that hardly screams "excitement".

Just now, vonwright said:

Much better second half in terms of commitment and urgency. Lack of quality remains a real worry though.

Better balance to the midfield, and Osborn improved without Goudmijn beside him. 

Can't believe I thought Adams wouldn't be good enough for the Championship. 

Good to see Sibley playing a central, advanced role (I can say that now he didn't score).

Adam’s just needs to win the ball (which he does really well), harry players and then recycle - needs some restrictions on his marauding into opposition box to sky one over the bar time and again. 

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

It’s almost as if sitting solidly mid table on our return to the championship, winning games at home against established champ clubs and now stopping the away rot with a couple of hard fought draws is causing you some distress? 
I suppose we could have played better  tonight, but for me I’ll happily take the second point on the road in a handful of days and move onto a winnable home game on Saturday. 

We should be winning every game and walking this league!!! 

Decent point which I’d have taken at the start of the game.

Thought subs were a bit odd today. We had momentum after the goal and then replaced both CBT and Kenzo. I’d have waited another 5 at least. Thought Harness was quite poor on the ball again. CBT did well and looked a threat. I think Warne is protecting him and feels he can’t play more than 60 due to his hammy’s. 
Scrappy, lacking in quality, but I’ll take it