Millwall (A) - Match Thread

Crewton

6 hours ago, Day said:

I never want to watch a match officiated by Stuart Attwell ever again.

Was we any good? No. But those officials were abysmal.

That linesman couldn’t see a thing with the sun in his eyes for nearly the home game, he kept trying to run with his hand shielding his eyes. 
I expected him at halftime purchasing a cap with I 🩷 Millwall on it.

1 minute ago, Foreveram said:

That linesman couldn’t see a thing with the sun in his eyes for nearly the home game, he kept trying to run with his hand shielding his eyes. 
I expected him at halftime purchasing a cap with I 🩷 Millwall on it.

Here’s the thing, isn’t the official line, if we don’t see it we can’t give it?

In which case the linesman guessed.

They were awful. What stings is Norwich is still fresh in the memory. I’m sure Warne will receive an apology, yet the league table doesn’t have an apology column.

For a league where the rewards are so huge, life changing, they need to be getting decisions correctly. How Stuart Attwell is still a referee is beyond me.

47 minutes ago, Day said:

Here’s the thing, isn’t the official line, if we don’t see it we can’t give it?

In which case the linesman guessed.

They were awful. What stings is Norwich is still fresh in the memory. I’m sure Warne will receive an apology, yet the league table doesn’t have an apology column.

For a league where the rewards are so huge, life changing, they need to be getting decisions correctly. How Stuart Attwell is still a referee is beyond me.

It was absolute park stuff with that linesman. Running along with his hand shielding his eyes is the sort of thing you expect if you go and watch a game down at Alvaston Park. 

In the main you just accept mistakes are made and that’s the cost of no VAR which broadly is fine, but this bloke clearly could just not see? Why on earth was this not addressed? 

It was a battle , they were physical with that mix of going over like they have been fouled very badly as well , in days past that was the kind of game we would have wilted in and lost , as it was we drew and could have won , every point we put on the board is vital , beat these at home and that’s 4 points from them , do that to enough teams and we do just fine in terms of staying up and that’s THE aim this season , well done warne and the team and on to the next game

COYR💪

32 minutes ago, Archied said:

It was a battle , they were physical with that mix of going over like they have been fouled very badly as well , in days past that was the kind of game we would have wilted in and lost , as it was we drew and could have won , every point we put on the board is vital , beat these at home and that’s 4 points from them , do that to enough teams and we do just fine in terms of staying up and that’s THE aim this season , well done warne and the team and on to the next game

COYR💪

Careful with the positivity. You don’t want to make enemies on here 😊

Having now seen the highlights, I was a little surprised by their goal, given some of the live comments on here. 
I was expecting some sort of bumbling backpass from Nelson that landed into the path of one of their guys, gifting them a goal.  (Along the lines of the Boro defender in the lead up to our goal against them).

Turns out he just tried to boot it forwards/clear, on the halfway line, whilst in amongst a bit of a scramble between 3 or 4 others, and all at close quarters .  The result was an extremely fortuitous bounce/ricochet that fell as kindly as kind can be, for the oppo.  He still had work to do mind, and in fairness, did what he had to do.  

Some comments regarding Nelson's contribution in all that seem (to me) to be a tad harsh.  A tad unfair.  A tad "scapegoaty".
It was no worse defending than theirs at the corner that led to our goal.  That's football.  Sometimes it's a funny old game, sometimes, not so funny.  

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Having now seen the highlights, I was a little surprised by their goal, given some of the live comments on here. 
I was expecting some sort of bumbling backpass from Nelson that landed into the path of one of their guys, gifting them a goal.  (Along the lines of the Boro defender in the lead up to our goal against them).

Turns out he just tried to boot it forwards/clear, on the halfway line, whilst in amongst a bit of a scramble between 3 or 4 others, and all at close quarters .  The result was an extremely fortuitous bounce/ricochet that fell as kindly as kind can be, for the oppo.  He still had work to do mind, and in fairness, did what he had to do.  

Some comments regarding Nelson's contribution in all that seem (to me) to be a tad harsh.  A tad unfair.  A tad "scapegoaty".
It was no worse defending than theirs at the corner that led to our goal.  That's football.  Sometimes it's a funny old game, sometimes, not so funny.  

That's exactly what Radio Derby said in the moment.

12 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I think what Nelson will regret is that he didn’t go full pelt into it. Instead he tried to play the ball forward with the side of his foot (he’s often criticised for lumping it) and it fell kindly for the forward. I still fancied JWZ to save us but he couldn’t quite force the forward wide enough to allow the covering players to block the shot.

I’m just glad we didn’t go on to lose. It was such a poor game, no one really deserved to win it,

2 hours ago, Archied said:

COYR💪

Why is it do you think that our players inability to be 'physical' as a team transcends change of owners, managers and squad? 

Here we go 

Should have had the penalty. Blackett-Taylor should have scored separately. Wilson almost stopped their goal. But Zetterström made a great save with his foot from Langstaff, who also hit the post. 

We didn't wilt and got that very important away point. Three more on Tuesday please. 

15 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

How? The stats I've seen quoted on this thread and comments on our playing style by some posters, liken us to Millwall. Where do you think we are heading in our aspirations then?

Well the home games this season most have been saying about the style of football being enjoyable. Accept it, Derby are playing better than you expected and are doing well in the league - i know you’ll be happy with that but unfortunately it also means Warne is doing a good job which I think you struggle to accept and therefore pounce on and over-exaggerate any slight negative to justify your position. The pure Warne dissenters are finding it more and more difficult to make sensible arguments as he’s not giving them any ammunition.