Vs Watford (A) Match Thread

DCFC1388

3 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I wish you would work on your own patterns of play and start giving out some credit were credit is due.

The only person lacking any quality and composure is you as you can’t help yourself with the endless criticism.

If your a supporter why don’t you try supporting, we could show you some videos on what you can do with your support if you like!

Up The Rams.

We played well today, and deserved a well earned away point against a good footballing side. A couple of moments where professional footballers will know they could have done better where the difference in the result, no more than that.

Up The Rams 🖤 🐏

What are you capable of?

Can you go direct?

I don’t endlessly criticise this team. I am consistent in my concerns ie - how we have been coached in our pressing and the lack of composure on the ball when we win it back. I’m not endlessly slating them. I’m not complaining about losing because I expect us to lose matches. I’m not complaining about effort or work rate because I think they’re giving it all. I don’t slate the ownership for not signing X Y Z because we have to live within our means. 

So either put me on ignore or shut up if you’re going to accuse me of not supporting this team. Your reply was as incoherent as it gets. 

10 minutes ago, Topram said:

I’m sticking by that Everyone on here being negative either didn’t watch and followed it on bbc sport or hate Warne or there deluded and think we should be winning the league 

So you’re basically saying anyone who has an opinion that isn’t the same as your rose-coloured garden view of the world is ‘negative’ or ‘deluded’. If it not good enough then it should be ok to say do without criticism from happy-clappers. I’d say 30% possession isnt and will not be good enough over a long season. 

Yeah, low blocks aren't fun to watch but I think most would agree we deserved a point today. Kayden continues to look lively and his pace is electric, Kenzo is adjusting and plays some lovely passes, the defence looked pretty solid and the keeper didn't have a save to make. Even Yates had a couple of moments where he wriggled around in the box and came out with the ball when he had no right to, despite the nearest Ram being in a different postcode.

I still reckon our best side is a 5-3-2/5-2-3 with Osborn at lwb and Ward at rwb.

We know that the club know where the gaps are, we know they don't want to be bringing on Collo or Barks. Ozoh is making mistakes but when he irons them out he'll be a titan back there. Up the rams.

Edited by FKANorwichExile

We're never going to stay up until Warne can learn how to coach a team to attack from open play. All 4 of our league goals this season have come from set pieces and we look so toothless going forward from open play.

We've got Goudmijn who's clearly technically very good, use him. Stop making them pump it wide every time we get the ball. OR, use Goudmijn to do that and it'll be a lot more controlled than Bradley/Nelson hoofing it wide 20 yards in front of the wingers in the hope they'll get there.

Also, if we sit back for 90 minutes we're never going to get set pieces to score from.

Decent performance, could have nicked a draw on another day.  We're not looking out of our depth in this league, despite what some might think (iirc correctly they had us down for 0-4 last week as well!)

We're obviously in dire need a few new signings before the window shuts.  Having only 8 on the bench showed how low on numbers we are.  Lets hope the club can dig deep and give PW what he wants, 2 or 3 decent players and we'll do alright this season.

14 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Quick summary of Warne’s post match comments;

Said the Barker send off was a poor bit of officiating, ref panicked and stopped the game when Derby tried to take a quick throw, Barker said something….erm… impolite and the ref sent him off. Probable 2 day training ground and 1 match ban.

Osborn possibly 7 days with a calf injury, interestingly Warne said Osborn has a different training load to other players so maybe something being managed long term?

Vickers groin injury. Didn’t hear the timescale.

Regarding recruitment;

”By the next game should have another in the building and 2 more by Saturday” A midfielder in by Tuesday. Then a cb and a striker. Said will all be loans then corrected himself to say 2 loans and a free agent. Nothing in John-Jules being there today.

Liam copper free agent?

7 minutes ago, Matchday Fred said:

So you’re basically saying anyone who has an opinion that isn’t the same as your rose-coloured garden view of the world is ‘negative’ or ‘deluded’. If it not good enough then it should be ok to say do without criticism from happy-clappers. I’d say 30% possession isnt and will not be good enough over a long season. 

We deserved a point today, I’m saying that every time we get a result not in our favour we’re being hounded 

15 minutes ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

why are people blaming ozoh for their 2nd goal? it was pure luck that rebound  fell at the watford lads feet.

for me that 1st cross should have been stopped. fozzy backing away from the player instead of standing his gound

Because Adams ran across to the man, making Fozzy think he was taking him, but he didn't get there.

13 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

We're never going to stay up until Warne can learn how to coach a team to attack from open play. All 4 of our league goals this season have come from set pieces and we look so toothless going forward from open play.

We've got Goudmijn who's clearly technically very good, use him. Stop making them pump it wide every time we get the ball. OR, use Goudmijn to do that and it'll be a lot more controlled than Bradley/Nelson hoofing it wide 20 yards in front of the wingers in the hope they'll get there.

Also, if we sit back for 90 minutes we're never going to get set pieces to score from.

Amen

Disappointing result, obviously. I had this down as a comfortable loss but we were unlucky not to take a point. 

Important week coming up. We desperately need more quality but I have no idea where we’re going to find it. 

I think we’re holding our own so far but a few key injuries and it could become a very difficult season.

Shaun Barker thought we deserved a point. I agree. 

16 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

I don’t count last weeks goal or todays as from a set piece. Why do you? 

10 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Disappointing result, obviously. I had this down as a comfortable loss but we were unlucky not to take a point. 

Important week coming up. We desperately need more quality but I have no idea where we’re going to find it. 

I think we’re holding our own so far but a few key injuries and it could become a very difficult season.

Got to create more efforts on goal from open play . 

18 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

I don’t count last weeks goal or todays as from a set piece. Why do you? 

Although not "directly" from a set piece, Jackson's goal was a counter attacking from their corner. Not exactly from "open play"

Our goal today was from a throw in, which is literally a set piece.