Vs Middlesbrough (H) Match Thread

DCFC1388

1 hour ago, eddy779h34 said:

Investment is the aim, thats what David Clowes wants. We all know it,  to compete at the top half its the only way sadly .unless we fluke a few decent loans .Its a bottom six scrap ,season after season 

Not wanting to sound negative but thats the reality of where we are, today pretty well backed that up 

However fight and guts is massive , so well done today

Regardless of “investment” I think bottom 6 scrap is harsh and negative. True, the parachute clubs from 2/3 seasons may well occupy the top 6 in rotation but if you build a team and a spirit over time, there is nothing to suggest mid table and looking upwards isn’t achievable.

3 hours ago, ipad1977 said:

Who knows, it's early days yet. I was optimistic of a top 6 finish this year and that hasn't changed, the main reason we missed out last year was having 14 of the first team squad out injured for 4 months that wrecked the season in the worst injury crisis we've ever known, 8th wasn't a bad finish considering.

Think autos are beyond us with the parachute clubs and Leeds in the mix, and the playoffs are a lottery so your guess would be as good as mine really.

This result won't have any real bearing on the season much though, we always lose to newly promoted sides as far back as I remember, even when we went up under Karanka and indeed Robbo it was a feature then, we call it Typical Boro. It was evident in the Prem too even in our best years this century! We'd whallop Arsenal, Manure, Chelsea etc al on a regular basis no problem, it was the likes of rock bottom Bolton who hadn't won for 8 games we'd fear the most and with good reason?

I actually feared losing to your lot today because of this, its what we do. Whilst Burnley, Luton etc will obviously stand between us and going up, I don't fear them much in a match they're our most likely source of 6 points this season and we're likely to turn up looking like Man City against them. They'll set out to give us a game and we'll more likely play them off the park with our pace to burn than other sides who sit deep and hope to smash and grab against us. But I fear you guys, Plymouth and Oxford more than any side in this division and have already written off points gained from those matches as much as I'm confident of us outperforming Burnley say?

It's how we do against the traditionally midtable sides like Preston etc that will truly shape our season and where we have to make our quality tell the most.

Just please God we get our usual great return against Sunderland as those matches matter the most to me!

Better contact injurylawyers4u

Probably our fault. 

Even though Vickers pulled off a few good saves today, I still think he will be our 2nd choice keeper. Would'nt be surprised though if Warne starts with Vickers in the next match. A few on here have belittled the performances of our starting trio in midfield, but lets give them a chance. They've all come in this season and will get better and better as the season goes on. Can't be many teams starting with a brand new midfield/engine room crew this season.

Be interesting to see what Warne does for the Watford game, having Yates back in the fold. The way the game panned out meant having 2 defenders replaced so early probably messed up Warne's game plan. I'm sure he would loved to have given Brown some more minutes but keeping Collins on suited the way the game turned out. Nice to see Elder have a decent game, hope it's not a one off. Loved Cashin's attitude when he was told he had to come off, but hats off to Bradley having to replace him so early in the game (he certainly looked much more comfortable playing Championship football). Transfer window shuts in approx a fortnight and I think Warne will bring in another striker and centrehalf both I think will be loan players, but they have got to be better than the current players that were on the bench today to give us a stronger squad, because on todays match showing we will need them.

1 minute ago, plymouthram said:

Even though Vickers pulled off a few good saves today, I still think he will be our 2nd choice keeper. Would'nt be surprised though if Warne starts with Vickers in the next match. A few on here have belittled the performances of our starting trio in midfield, but lets give them a chance. They've all come in this season and will get better and better as the season goes on. Can't be many teams starting with a brand new midfield/engine room crew this season.

Be interesting to see what Warne does for the Watford game, having Yates back in the fold. The way the game panned out meant having 2 defenders replaced so early probably messed up Warne's game plan. I'm sure he would loved to have given Brown some more minutes but keeping Collins on suited the way the game turned out. Nice to see Elder have a decent game, hope it's not a one off. Loved Cashin's attitude when he was told he had to come off, but hats off to Bradley having to replace him so early in the game (he certainly looked much more comfortable playing Championship football). Transfer window shuts in approx a fortnight and I think Warne will bring in another striker and centrehalf both I think will be loan players, but they have got to be better than the current players that were on the bench today to give us a stronger squad, because on todays match showing we will need them.

A good quality striker is a must, or we could be in trouble. Easier said than done though. Time for the recruitment team to earn their money! 

3 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Only one I recall was The Phoenix by Fall Out Boy. Not sure if that’s what you’re referring to?

Many thanks. Yes that’s the one. Looks like that’s this year’s Mr Brightside pre-match 

Think today shows what it’ll take to get enough points to survive, the players gave absolutely everything, 

They brought on Conway and Hamilton who roughly cost about 8/9 million, we had a young 19 year old striker in Brown on the bench, it’s going to be a long tough season but if we can grind enough results out like today and stay up this year then we can get back to being a solid side and starting to re build properly! 

Good atmosphere helped today! Need it all season even when it isn’t going so well.. up the rams 

6 hours ago, Wignall12 said:

Yes our defending was outstanding, and don't overlook the fact we had to sub two of our defence off due to injuries early doors. 

Have to say that did worry me, but as you say we coped admirably in the face of adversity........hope Gibson enjoyed his visit 

I'm sure he did. Let's face it. Anywhere away from Middlesbrough is an upgrade.

4 hours ago, ipad1977 said:

I actually feared losing to your lot today because of this, its what we do.

You seem ok ipad, but you probably should have feared losing today because the corrupt gimp who owns your club tried to kill our club on the most spurious of accusations. He was only allowed to get away with such shocking behaviour due to his links with the EFL.

He also incited some of your thicker fans to attack our supporters the last time we played at your place, based on his corrupt accusations.

We were clearly going to be well up for this game and so it turned out to be. Probably a bit much to say we'd have a party when he dies, but as he tried to kill our club, we won't shed too many tears.

Think osborn goes under the radar but is a good player at this level. We have a top half quality midfield imo just the attacking departmemt and depth in defence we need improving. I think its my favoruite midfield since the trio of Hughes Thorne and Bryson. Not at that level as they wont score many but will be hard to play against. Think we might need a talismanic winger like a George Boyd in 2010 or a Kris Commons  with goals and quality but probably unlikely.

4 hours ago, Poynton ram said:

Biggest attendance in the championship today, over the season can only see Leeds and Sunderland higher. Any idea how long Cash will be out for as Warne suggested if it is concussion can be up to 3 weeks?

If confirmed as concussion, it's a minimum of 7 days (back next Saturday), but day 5 is still non-contact. It means he'd be unlikely to start a game on day 7.

If a severe there was evidence of symptom during the initial assessment, it's a minimum of 12 days.

If we don't have a suitably qualified doctor, or don't have the correct equipment, it's a minimum of 21 days.

On 14/08/2024 at 16:04, Sweetness34 said:

I think we'll lose this one. Not because I'm a doom and gloomer, but because I just think we need a few more weeks to find our feet.

Granted, we should have found them during pre-season to be honest but I'm willing to go with it for now

Some of our build-up play in isolation looks decent. If the lads aren't too downbeat after a few losses, I think we'll be alright.

Keep the faith, I'm expecting 0 points after first 3 games but a slight improvement in each game. 

Then, beat Bristol and Cardiff and get a decent draw at Sheff United and have 7 points from opening 6. And I'd take it as a newly promoted team.

Then kick on from there.

I hope I'm wrong and we start picking up points sooner, obviously 

I was wrong and I’m delighted I was 😂

9 hours ago, abertawe_ram said:

Great to have a basis to work from after that. Home form will be key this season!

Hopefully Yates coming in gives us a different dimension in attack.

Worth noting we were the only team out of 6 to score in the championship early kickoffs though! Some very expensive attacks failing to bag any goals this afternoon shows that it isn't an easy thing to do

I said the same to my Dad about the scores.  Jackson did well keeping his composure. I think there are a few more experienced players who may have been tempted to shoot earlier and may not have got the same result. Hoping two goals in the first two games will give him a confidence boost  

9 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Dan would have absolutely loved that. He hated Boro with a passion and would be telling us all sagely that we battered them today. Really hoping he squeezed in another milk run today, as it was about as B4 a performance as we could have hoped for and he'd have been brimming with pride. 

He would have loved it. I think it was a good test for the first home match. I was up on my feet for the last five minutes of the match, as I’m sure Dan would have been. Well deserved win. I’m glad I wore the purple goalie shirt today. Best performance I’ve seen from Vickers. 

2 minutes ago, B4’s Sister said:

He would have loved it. I think it was a good test for the first home match. I was up on my feet for the last five minutes of the match, as I’m sure Dan would have been. Well deserved win. I’m glad I wore the purple goalie shirt today. Best performance I’ve seen from Vickers. 

You can't day stuff like this on here! You're going to have to wear it to every game now 😂 

3 pts against a team likely to finish top 6. Not to be sniffed at. Build confidence and expectation, gives us a better chance of persuading some saucy loan moves. Obviously we cannot play the whole season in defensive mode, but Warne understands. We will get better as players bed in. Jackson looks a better player than first thought, Yates to return. CBT might actually get his mental s*** together and become the player that he ought to be. Suspect the forced changes with Bradley and  Nyambe coming on actually bolstered the defence. 

A good solid start but we can’t expect a small group of players to go this hard over 46 games. Biggest gate in the division today, our budget should be there or thereabouts.  Boro have been progressive in the transfer market and have put a physical squad together that I’d expect to do well. Yes they have paid fees for many players, something Clowes needs to get his head around if we are to compete at this level. But at this moment I doff my cap to Warne and coaching team. Like to see Daj get some meaningful game time, but really the players who got us here deserve the chance to keep us here.

6 hours ago, ipad1977 said:

Who knows, it's early days yet. I was optimistic of a top 6 finish this year and that hasn't changed, the main reason we missed out last year was having 14 of the first team squad out injured for 4 months that wrecked the season in the worst injury crisis we've ever known, 8th wasn't a bad finish considering.

Think autos are beyond us with the parachute clubs and Leeds in the mix, and the playoffs are a lottery so your guess would be as good as mine really.

This result won't have any real bearing on the season much though, we always lose to newly promoted sides as far back as I remember, even when we went up under Karanka and indeed Robbo it was a feature then, we call it Typical Boro. It was evident in the Prem too even in our best years this century! We'd whallop Arsenal, Manure, Chelsea etc al on a regular basis no problem, it was the likes of rock bottom Bolton who hadn't won for 8 games we'd fear the most and with good reason?

I actually feared losing to your lot today because of this, its what we do. Whilst Burnley, Luton etc will obviously stand between us and going up, I don't fear them much in a match they're our most likely source of 6 points this season and we're likely to turn up looking like Man City against them. They'll set out to give us a game and we'll more likely play them off the park with our pace to burn than other sides who sit deep and hope to smash and grab against us. But I fear you guys, Plymouth and Oxford more than any side in this division and have already written off points gained from those matches as much as I'm confident of us outperforming Burnley say?

It's how we do against the traditionally midtable sides like Preston etc that will truly shape our season and where we have to make our quality tell the most.

Just please God we get our usual great return against Sunderland as those matches matter the most to me!

With all due respect, I think the post was made in reference to the crass and morbid chants made by your own fan base... Given your owner tried to drive us out of business their defence of his fallacious claims and destructive practices against a fellow efl club are not just hard to swallow but destructive to the whole endeavour of football. 

8 hours ago, angieram said:

Obnoxious set of fans. It certainly wasn't a minority of them singing "We're all having a party...."

Whole ground singing back "Who are ya?" at the end of the game was justly deserved. 

Middlesbrough fans as a set  generally have the IQ of a goldfish.. must be the smog which affects them

Edited by Leeds Ram

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

You seem ok ipad, but you probably should have feared losing today because the corrupt gimp who owns your club tried to kill our club on the most spurious of accusations. He was only allowed to get away with such shocking behaviour due to his links with the EFL.

He also incited some of your thicker fans to attack our supporters the last time we played at your place, based on his corrupt accusations.

We were clearly going to be well up for this game and so it turned out to be. Probably a bit much to say we'd have a party when he dies, but as he tried to kill our club, we won't shed too many tears.

Agree with this. Usually when such chants are rarely brought out I grimace but today I just had a wry smile... Those days and the potentual undoing of our club do run deep it must be said.