v Blackburn (A) Match Thread

Day

4 hours ago, Ravanelli said:

Recent events remind me of the riots in the early 80s. I think it was 81 when we played Leicester away on a midweek game. The rioters deliberately arranged one on the night of the game near the ground. 

I would have been around 19 years old walking back to the car after the game through crowded streets of terraced housing around the old Filbert Street ground. I remember turning a corner onto a new street and seeing a wall of rioters stretching across the entire road running towards us. We turned and ran for our lives. Probably literally !

I’m taking the wife and teenage daughters to Blackburn on Friday. That’s not something I ever want to experience again. Hopefully we never will. 

Safe travels to everyone including the Blackburn fans on Friday. 

Travelling up with my lad and my brother. Have been to watch the Rams at Blackburn several times. Being of Indian heritage, I’m definitely a little nervous this time. Not helped by some comments from fellow Derby fans on Social Media with regards to recent rioting. I also feel sorry for all the stewards this coming football season, a lot of whom are people of colour. It’s amazing how things have changed in a couple of weeks. 

4 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

Travelling up with my lad and my brother. Have been to watch the Rams at Blackburn several times. Being of Indian heritage, I’m definitely a little nervous this time. Not helped by some comments from fellow Derby fans on Social Media with regards to recent rioting. I also feel sorry for all the stewards this coming football season, a lot of whom are people of colour. It’s amazing how things have changed in a couple of weeks. 

I feel for you. Be assured they don’t represent 99% of the population. 

3 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

Not something I'd even considered (relating the current troubles to the matchday scenario).  But now you mention it...

I'd hope we all (football fans) stick together, and call out/stand up to anyone in and around any football stadium who attempt to tread that particular path.  Now is not the time for sheepishly following the leader!  

We may not be in a position to clean up the streets, but let's keep this filth away from our grounds, eh!

For me, based off who I think we will sign and who’s performed well so far:

Vickers 

Wilson   Nelson    Cashin    Fozzy

Ozoh

Goudmijn    Osborn

Jackson         Collo        NML

I’m torn between Wilson and Nyambe, however feel we need more of an attacking threat and fozzy can sit back if wilson attacks. Also torn between Osborn and Ebou, but feel Osborn provides more of an attacking threat and can deliver set pieces.

COYR

3 hours ago, Castor said:

Adams and Ozoh are too similar for me. Don't complement each other. It's one or the other and at the minute Ozoh starts.

I think Ozoh is more of an all-round midfield player to be honest. Adams at his best is when he's pressing, cleaning-up and winning the ball back. Ozoh is more of a complete midfield so I think they would both play at the same time - especially away from home. 

Vickers

Nyambe Nelson Cashin Elder

Goudmijn Ozoh Osborn

NML Collins Jackson

I'd go with Elder over Forsyth only because of Dolan for Blackburn, who is a really pacey right winger. I like the option of Wilson off the bench, so would start with Nyambe. And Osborn pips Ebou for me, just in that he offers something different to our other midfielders with his range of passing/dead ball ability.

2 hours ago, HorsforthRam said:

Just stay close to the first Rams fans you encounter - we'll look out for our family. 

Hope things improve for everyone soon.

It was very encouraging to see the only people to turn up at Derby's planned riot were people with placards saying "No fascists here."

38 minutes ago, angieram said:

Just stay close to the first Rams fans you encounter - we'll look out for our family. 

Hope things improve for everyone soon.

It was very encouraging to see the only people to turn up at Derby's planned riot were people with placards saying "No fascists here."

100%

I hope the racists stay away from Derby and football. We are all Derby, the club unites us all.

10 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Not something I'd even considered (relating the current troubles to the matchday scenario).  But now you mention it...

I'd hope we all (football fans) stick together, and call out/stand up to anyone in and around any football stadium who attempt to tread that particular path.  Now is not the time for sheepishly following the leader!  

We may not be in a position to clean up the streets, but let's keep this filth away from our grounds, eh!

Not sure everyone will bother going due to worries like the above -  if there are gangs from both sides of rioters thinking that visiting fans might be football hooligans (as we are often brandished) then we may be stuck in the middle of both groups who’ll think we are all horrible people cos we like football.

99.9 percent of Derby fans are normal people , left , right, Indian, Irish, Englishh Pakistani , Welsh , women , kids, blokes, Sikh, Christian, muslimm, non religious etc - we all get along - but a  mob from either side of these riots may see us as fair game?

Im not in a minority group , white ,Scottish roots , but scared about getting stuck inbetween the opposing groups after having seen both sides doing terrible things yesterday and today. Don’t think I’ll bother going in the current climate. 

10 minutes ago, LN747 said:

Not sure everyone will bother going due to worries like the above -  if there are gangs from both sides of rioters thinking that visiting fans might be football hooligans (as we are often brandished) then we may be stuck in the middle of both groups who’ll think we are all horrible people cos we like football.

99.9 percent of Derby fans are normal people , left , right, Indian, Irish, Englishh Pakistani , Welsh , women , kids, blokes, Sikh, Christian, muslimm, non religious etc - we all get along - but a  mob from either side of these riots may see us as fair game?

Im not in a minority group , white ,Scottish roots , but scared about getting stuck inbetween the opposing groups after having seen both sides doing terrible things yesterday and today. Don’t think I’ll bother going in the current climate. 

I can fully appreciate why, but we can't let these mindless thugs get in the way of living our lives and stopping us doing what we enjoy though (watching Derby County). 

8 hours ago, LN747 said:

I would say we have seen the worst of the violence given the police were caught a little unaware. The violence was perpetrated by a handful of thugs who are being rounded up as we speak. I don't think the government or the police would allow the game to take place if they thought there was a genuine chance of serious trouble emerging tbh. So, I would say, with caution and hope, that you should travel to the game, try your best to enjoy it and don't a minority of racists and idiots ruin your leisure activity! 

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

I would say we have seen the worst of the violence given the police were caught a little unaware. The violence was perpetrated by a handful of thugs who are being rounded up as we speak. I don't think the government or the police would allow the game to take place if they thought there was a genuine chance of serious trouble emerging tbh. So, I would say, with caution and hope, that you should travel to the game, try your best to enjoy it and don't a minority of racists and idiots ruin your leisure activity! 

Hopefully mate. There is no room in football or society for these mindless racist thugs.