Jacob Widell Zetterstrom - SIGNED, FINALLY - 3yr deal

Nuwtfly

11 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Did his team win last night then? I’d quite like to know what happened with the focus of this topic

A messenger turned up at full time with a Western Union telegram from 1889 from a Doc Brown. 

Turns out it was his post dated contract and a full medical confirming he didn't have scurvy, pox or ricketts and had received a full dose of leeches 

Early part of next week could tell us a lot.  They’re at home tomorrow so it’s possible he plays as a farewell game.  The next qualifying round 1st leg is on Thursday and players have to registered 24 hours before.  I’d say if it hasn’t been announced by Tuesday he’s playing in that round, with the 2nd leg on the 15th.

If that’s the deal we’ve got to get him at the right price, he’d miss 2 league games, assuming he wouldn’t play for them on Thursday night and then us on the Saturday lunchtime.  I’ve no idea how the Europa League works but after the 3rd qualifying round, 8 teams are through and 16 teams go to a playoff.  That round finishes on 29th.  I’ve no idea if his current club will go into the play offs or not.  If the agreement is we get him once they’ve qualified for the group stage, and then they’re in the play offs, it’ll be the end of the transfer window before he arrives.  Anyone know if his club would need a playoff game or not?

But then, logically, why would he have been over on Monday, if he knew he wasn’t going to be signing for up to a month away?  That feels like he’s done all the paperwork, etc ready to join early next week.

On the rams review podcast (YouTube) they were talking to a Djurgaedens fan about Zetterstrom. All sounded very encouraging in terms of his ability and character.

The fan did say however that HE expects Zetterstrom to stay for ALL of their conference league qualifiers, the same as happened with a player they sold to Verona a few years ago having agreed a deal earlier in the month.

Of course this isn't an ideal situation, particularly given Vickers performance against Barnsley, but I'm pretty relaxed about the situation as long as we do actually sign him.

Assuming the deal is set in stone then the worse case scenario is he stays there until the end of August and then joins us on deadline day.

In this scenario he would miss FOUR league games out of 46, and join us as we hit the first 2 week international window. It's not exactly going to make or break the season as long as the deal gets done.

If it doesn't get done by the end of the month then I guess it's break glass in case of emergency and sign a loan keeper on deadline day.

Just feel like this whole transfer deal is a total farce. This Swedish club are taking the MICHAEL in my opinion. Since Wildsmith turned down a new contract we should of sorted this out before now. Josh Vickers is not good enough to be our first choice goalkeeper. 

37 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

Just feel like this whole transfer deal is a total farce. This Swedish club are taking the MICHAEL in my opinion. Since Wildsmith turned down a new contract we should have sorted this out before now. Josh Vickers is not good enough to be our first choice goalkeeper. 

How do you know they’re taking the MICHAEL?

It’s already been reported that Wolves wanted him before and were quoted a much higher price. We could’ve been quoted the same price if we wanted him immediately, or a reduced price if we were willing to wait a few weeks. It’s up to us if we think that’s acceptable or not, suggesting they’re taking the mick out of us would mean they keep moving the goalposts of the deal, that’s never been suggested on either side.

If it means getting the right goalkeeper for 43 games of the season instead of the wrong one for 46 games of the season then I’m happy with that.

On paper it looks like we’re getting a high quality goalkeeper for a pretty good price. It looks like some middle ground has been found for a deal that suits us as well as them, so that’s probably the opposite of taking the Michael.

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

How do you know they’re taking the MICHAEL?

It’s already been reported that Wolves wanted him before and were quoted a much higher price. We could’ve been quoted the same price if we wanted him immediately, or a reduced price if we were willing to wait a few weeks. It’s up to us if we think that’s acceptable or not, suggesting they’re taking the mick out of us would mean they keep moving the goalposts of the deal, that’s never been suggested on either side.

If it means getting the right goalkeeper for 43 games of the season instead of the wrong one for 46 games of the season then I’m happy with that.

On paper it looks like we’re getting a high quality goalkeeper for a pretty good price. It looks like some middle ground has been found for a deal that suits us as well as them, so that’s probably the opposite of taking the Michael.

Stop talking sense. You'll only upset the bedwetters.🤪😂

1 hour ago, ziggyram59 said:

Just feel like this whole transfer deal is a total farce. This Swedish club are taking the MICHAEL in my opinion. Since Wildsmith turned down a new contract we should of sorted this out before now. Josh Vickers is not good enough to be our first choice goalkeeper. 

Not getting at you personally at all... but the same point is raised and answered at regular intervals every single day. 

The 2 teams have come to an AGREEMENT whatever that is... because they both believe it gives them the best deal. 

It appears we get a decent keeper 'cheaper', if we are prepared to wait a bit.

How many more times can the same discussion be had. 

Quicker it happens the better, for Derby..... but also my boredom threshold.

9 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Not getting at you personally at all... but the same point is raised and answered at regular intervals every single day. 

The 2 teams have come to an AGREEMENT whatever that is... because they both believe it gives them the best deal. 

It appears we get a decent keeper 'cheaper', if we are prepared to wait a bit.

How many more times can the same discussion be had. 

Quicker it happens the better, for Derby..... but also my boredom threshold.

I regret my post of Dom Dietrich’s tweet yesterday, think it’s contributed to the increase in concern/panic/negativity around this deal. 

23 minutes ago, Topram said:

With how bad we’ve been in net in pre season if he doesn’t join till we’re 3/4 games into the season it may cost us 4/5 points which could be vital 

If the lack of Jaws costs us 4 points in 4 games, logically the presence of Jaws would secure us 42 points over the next 42 games. Assuming the other 10 can produce a 50 point season, we're on for top 2...so great business to wait? 

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Just in case we do get this one over the line, and assuming he then becomes referred to as "JWZ" on here, should I be reading that as "JWZee" or "JWZed"?

This is important to me.  

TIA

I'll just call him Jay-Z.

If you having goalie problems, I feel bad for you son